What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

It's funny, too, because in PM64, my favorite characters are Goombario, Bow, and Lakilester, yet they're very situational to use for the most part but in TTYD they're all pretty useful and all pretty cool (except Flurrie, no idea what IS was thinking with her) and balanced on top of it. But my favorite to use was always Koops because of his abilities like the shield and his breakdancing moves.

I kind of hope if the next game is 64/TTYD style they'll really go out there with new and returning characters for party members. For instance, General Guy returning, only this time as a party member. That would be so awesome.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

I suppose I'll ask again.

Does anyone want a free copy of:

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition Wii U
OlliOlli Wii U
SteamWorld Dig Wii U
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien Wii U
Mighty Switch Force! 3DS
SteamWorld Dig 3DS
Gunman Clive 3DS

They're all good and all well worth your time.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I'd gladly take SteamWorld Dig Wii U and Gunman Clive off yer hands. :joy:

Spark Of Spirit

Foggle

gunswordfist

I just just beat the demo for Jack The Reaper. It's a pretty fun indie game that plays like Kirby and Gunstar Heroes or at least that's the best simple description I can come up with. I can't wait until the entire free game comes up. The demo was longer the most indie games.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Welp, with all the crossover promotion and art it was inevitable. A Squid Girl costume DLC is coming to Splatoon. Likely will remain exclusive for japanese players, though.

Spark Of Spirit

It kind of can't be because online players see each other's costumes from every part of the world and can buy them from Spike if they want. Nintendo probably worked through the overseas issues since it will appear in every version regardless of license.

My question is where is my Squidward costume?

Avaitor

I found FF VIII at GoodWill for only $6 today, and almost bought it for the novelty- until I saw that it only had the first 2 discs.

Part of me thinks that I should go back, anyway.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

TAKE IT BACK. Don not get ripped off. I'll lose sleep if you do. I swear.

Nel_Annette

Guys. Guys. I've never touched a Metal Gear Solid title in my life. Just noticed this PS3 compilation called The Legacy Collection. Seems like it has almost every game in the franchise barring MGS5. $25. Good deal? Should I go for it? Anything negative that would ruin it for me? It looks as though if I ever wanted to check out the series, this would be a fantastic option.

gunswordfist

Foggle or talon should know.  :) Also, play MGS2 first, if you get it and then the rest in order.

talonmalon333

I've only heard good things about it. And it seems like a really easy way to each game, all of which being solid if not fantastic. I've never heard of any glitches or issues with it, so unless Foggle can correct me, I'd definitely say go for it.

Nel_Annette

Foggle

I'm pretty sure it's just a double pack of the HD Collection and the re-released MGS4 with a download code for MGS1 included (which hopefully hasn't expired yet), so it shouldn't have any issues.

I personally suggest playing through the series in release order. Try Metal Gear 1 on the HD Collection disc first (playable from the menu of MGS3); if you don't like it, skip to MG2, and if you don't like that, skip to MGS1 (etc). :)

Quote from: Nel_Annette on June 06, 2015, 09:41:48 PM
Seems like it has almost every game in the franchise barring MGS5.
It doesn't have Portable Ops, Rising, or any of the non-canon games either. I urge you to try Rising and Ghost Babel at some point if you find yourself liking the series.