What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

gunswordfist

I started Ninja Gaiden Black yesterday. So far I'm getting into the groove of the game. I'm up to Chapter 2's boss today. I'll probably get my ass whipped less if I get less wreckless.

Also earlier, I got up to the Russian levels in Alien Hominid HD. Dear God is that stage music glorious. 1-2 of the game also made me glad that I purchased it. What a wonderful change of pace that was.

And I still suck at Fatal Fury Special. Buying the game changed nothing lol
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Just stand in a corner of one end of the arena (either side, it doesn't matter) and press and hold "Y" to charge an ET/UT. Release the attack whenever the boss is in range. If one if the mages try to attack you before then, just release the attack on them instead, which will usually kill them, causing them to drop essence which you can use to do an insta-charge ET/UT on the boss.

talonmalon333

By the way, Foggle, I meant to ask this when we were talking the other day...

Spoiler
What didn't you like about the wedding scenes?
[close]

Foggle

Spoiler
Well, aside from the fact that the joke character who literally shits his pants in every game gets married to Meryl, it was just cringe-worthy in general.
[close]

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on August 31, 2015, 04:02:38 PM
Spoiler
Well, aside from the fact that the joke character who literally shits his pants in every game gets married to Meryl, it was just cringe-worthy in general.
[close]

Spoiler
Oh yeah, that character was bad. Like, when the defining trait of your character is that he gets sick all the time, something's not right, especially when the game approaches its end and he starts to get established as some dashing hero. The important part is Meryl, who was great as usual. But yeah, I'm not defending that character.

I liked the scenes at the end with Raiden and Rose, though.
[close]

Foggle

The scenes with Raiden were pretty good, yeah.

Peace Walker is done! Though I wish I'd had time to play through Metal Gear Rising again as well, I'm now ready for whenever Amazon decides to deliver my copy of MGS5. :joy:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Metal Gear Rising takes like, 4 hours to beat. YOU HAVE TIME! STOP MAKING EXCUSES!

talonmalon333

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on September 01, 2015, 04:46:28 PM
Metal Gear Rising takes like, 4 hours to beat. YOU HAVE TIME! STOP MAKING EXCUSES!
MGS5 is here. I've been waiting for it for 2 and a half years and thus have no time for any other games until it is done. ;) I will play MGR afterward.

Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 01, 2015, 06:37:13 PM
Do you like it less than you used to? :sly:
A little. It's a good game; fun design and mechanics with an alright storyline that doesn't overpower the gameplay. The grind to unlock the true ending is horrific (and I skipped it by downloading a save :P), as are the final battle against the titular Peace Walker and the torture mini-game, but it still ranks about in the middle in my list of favorite Metal Gear titles.

talonmalon333

So, what Metal Gear games don't you like less now than before replaying? And how much less do you like the series than you used to? :sly:

Foggle

Just played Ground Zeroes for the first time. (I've been waiting until TPP launched so I could experience all of MGS5 together as a single game.) That gameplay was just... wow. Literally the best stealth ever. Now it's time for the real game to begin...

Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 01, 2015, 09:34:59 PM
So, what Metal Gear games don't you like less now than before replaying? And how much less do you like the series than you used to? :sly:
I like the MSX games and Ghost Babel a lot more than I used to. MGS 2, 3, and 4 are about the same as they always were to me, and I can't really see my opinion of Rising decreasing. Really, the only ones I like less are MGS, MG (NES), Portable Ops, and Peace Walker - the latter only slightly.

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Foggle on September 01, 2015, 02:56:39 PM
whenever Amazon decides to deliver my copy of MGS5. :joy:

So probably the 8th.  :P

(Based on my experiences. I ordered it off Amazon too.)

talonmalon333

You seemed to think a lot less of MGS4 when talking about it the other day. :P

And I can't wait to play MGSV.

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 02, 2015, 03:47:13 PM
You seemed to think a lot less of MGS4 when talking about it the other day. :P
Still love the first half of it, probably even more than I did before.