What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on October 04, 2015, 08:46:21 PM
- Horrendous, borderline nonexistent story; by far the series' worst after MGS4

I thought MGS2 had your least favorite story.

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on October 04, 2015, 09:27:13 PM
I thought MGS2 had your least favorite story.
MGS2's story has some pretty good ideas, so even though it's definitely the hardest to sit through, I like it more than 4's.

Is that all you got from my post? :P

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Now let's just hope that MGS5 doesn't get the Sigma 2 treatment, in which Konami attempts to "improve" the game by removing a lot of what was great about it in the first place and replacing that with lackluster features and making it easier to the point of absurdity.

gunswordfist

So, MGS2 is still overall better at indoors gameplay? (or at least more satisfying since there's more of it..if that makes sense)
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

I believe there's only one instance of true indoor gameplay in MGS5 period. So, yeah, definitely. ;)

gunswordfist

The only good news here is I don't have to edit out MGS2 for best indoor gaming in the series. :-\  :unimpressed:

Foggle

Yeah, I love indoor stealth. The lack of it was probably my biggest gripe with the game.

Despite my issues and disappointments, I'm addicted to the free roam, and I'd still consider MGS5 a 9-9.5/10. This is easily the most fun open world game out there; it's like a proper Mercenaries sequel. Just wish I had PS+ so I could play online...

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on October 04, 2015, 09:35:07 PM
Is that all you got from my post? :P

I can't say much about a game I haven't played. I'm sure you have good points about MGSV, but how much can I really comment on them at this point?

gunswordfist

Foggle only responds to psychics.

I need to play Mercenaries 1. I wonder if it's on Xbox Originals.

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 05, 2015, 01:07:44 PM
I need to play Mercenaries 1. I wonder if it's on Xbox Originals.
I'm not sure how well it holds up, but that was easily one of my favorite PS2 games back then. There are definitely some shades of its brilliance in MGS5.

Nel_Annette

-I go to Best Buy to get an Olimar Amiibo.
-Best Buy employee asks me if I like Amiibo. I tell him I pick up any if they're retail price.
-Guy pulls box out of his cart. Tells me it's a box of Amiibo that the store forgot to stock months ago.
-Guy starts stocking a bunch of rare, expensive-as-hell-online Amiibo. My jaw drops and I end up leaving with Olimar, Marth, Dark Pit, Little Mac, Cap. Falcon, Fox, Greninja, and Lucario.

I showed up to that store exactly at the right time to scoop up that shit for retail price. Holy crap.

Daxdiv

These Toys R Us and Best Buy restocks have been quite the blessing really. A whole bunch of rare amiibo getting more space. I still can't believe I saw a Shulk at TRU and Best Buy and Dark Pit, Greninja and Lucario at Best Buy as well. That and seeing Little Mac, Marth, Fox, & Captain Falcon everywhere else.

Nel_Annette

Employee I talked to probably didn't realize that that box was part of a restock, not something they'd forgotten. It's awesome either way. These things are meant for kids mostly, so seeing the hard-to-find ones suddenly become accessible is great to see. Freaking kids shouldn't have to deal with online scalpers, limited preordering bullshit and waiting in lines at four in the morning just for a toy.

Now I gotta look for Shulk.  :unimpressed: That's one of the ones I wanted to begin with.

talonmalon333

Is Nintendo writing off the Wii U as a failure and moving on? From what I hear, they are planning to unveil the next console next year.

Spark Of Spirit

The popular rumor is that the NX will be their next consoles, but I dunno. Reports about what the NX is say could be anything. Plus whenever Nintendo reveals a new console there's a year wait before it comes out so, yo know, people can actually make games for it.

I'm still putting bets on Nintendo's next system launching in 2017. That would be pretty standard for a console generation, and it would be enough to milk the most out of the Wii U with Zelda Wii U, Retro's game, and the next Mario game.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton