What Are You Reading?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, December 27, 2010, 04:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

Quote from: Foggle on June 02, 2012, 10:29:41 PM
What is ASSBAR?
All-Star Batman & Robin.

Which is awful, yes, but I wouldn't keep TDKSB too far behind it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Brak's Dad on June 02, 2012, 10:31:05 PM
What is ASSBAR?
All-Star Batman & Robin.

Yeah, I almost forgot about that... Thanks!  ;)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 02, 2012, 10:33:05 PM
What is ASSBAR?
All-Star Batman & Robin.

Yeah, I almost forgot about that... Thanks!  ;)
Where would you put it on your list?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

All-Star Batman & Robin.

I need scans of the worst parts, if you have them! I struggle to think of what could possibly be worse than Batman pissing himself...

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on June 02, 2012, 10:35:01 PM
All-Star Batman & Robin.

I need scans of the worst parts, if you have them! I struggle to think of what could possibly be worse than Batman pissing himself...
After the Wayne's get murdered by Joe Chill, little Bruce fondles his dead mom's breast.

Spark Of Spirit

To be honest I'm almost tempted to just make a "Frank Miller" spot at this rate. But it probably would be high up.

A few of them are listed here.

A shame how the writer here thinks Retconning Hal Jordan's past is good writing, though. Emerald Twilight is not something that should be forgotten with something so simple.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on June 02, 2012, 10:36:27 PM
After the Wayne's get murdered by Joe Chill, little Bruce fondles his dead mom's breast.
WHAT

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on June 02, 2012, 10:05:33 PM
Quote from: Foggle on June 02, 2012, 10:04:02 PM
:whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh: :whuh:
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27967/707745-alfred_s_joke_super.jpg

And screw you guys. I loved this story.
Amen brother. Thanks for telling me about this comic book's existence. Some jackasses don't understand what alternate universes mean.
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 02, 2012, 10:36:44 PM

A shame how the writer here thinks Retconning Hal Jordan's past is good writing, though. Emerald Twilight is not something that should be forgotten with something so simple.
I was talking about that earlier. Like with Jean Grey, they retconned Hal being guilty of anything.

Anyway, today I read:
Human Target Strike Zones- It's about the new(er) Human Target character, Christopher Chance that the tv show is loosely based off of. Unlike the show, when he takes place as people who are targeted, he wears disguises. It had some decent stories.

Friday:

Silver Surfer Requiem- Story about Silver Surfer dying. He visits/is visited by some of the top characters in the Marvel universe and goes on a small adventure that has an interesting storyline in of itself. Very heart felt comic book.

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 02, 2012, 10:40:35 PM
WHAT
Frank Miller's idea of Batman is basically a caveman who is good at hiding.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 02, 2012, 10:50:41 PM
WHAT
Frank Miller's idea of Batman is basically a caveman who is good at hiding.
Basically Marv from Sin City, but with Bat-ears.

Spark Of Spirit

I gotta say, though, that the most recent episode of Young Justice (which was written by YJ comic creator Peter David) has really made me want to get the series somehow. Unfortunately I don't own many comics anymore (lack of space), and I'm assuming the series is impossible to get via graphic novel nowadays.

I really enjoyed the original series for being basically a modern version of Silver Age style comics and a good dose of humor. Shame that changed when they were drafted into the Teen Titans and basically became like every other DC series.

Daxdiv

WHAT
Wow, here I thought that us talking about butts in the CN Nostalgia thread was weird.

Avaitor

So I just discovered that a Marvel podcast featuring these two lovely gents is up.

Totally listening to it now.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

So I read the first issue of Before Watchmen (didn't buy it though), and it was really good. It builds on your knowledge of Watchmen and gives plenty of awesome moments with it. It truly feels like something good enough to be up to Moore's prestige.

I also read the Earth-2 issue with Alan Scott coming out. :imnothappy: