What Are You Reading?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, December 27, 2010, 04:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Spark Of Spirit

I miss the silver age.

That's when something like this would have been good.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I dunno, there's one Lee & Kirby issue of FF that I didn't like, and it ended with this.

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Pharass

"Old Man Hitler!"
"Und I would've gotten away with it, if it hadn't been for you meddling superheroes."

----------

Why does the new Green Lantern carry a gun? Is it because he's black? Seems rather inappropriate, if that's the case (not to mention unnecessary, he's a Green Lantern after all). Doesn't DC have people to check on stuff like this? I guess not.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Avaitor

Oh, here's another genius move from DC on top of a fully loaded GL.

Kat Von Dwoman
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

Avaitor

Before I get in trouble, I want to say that there's nothing wrong with busty or curvy women. Not at all. If DC wanted to take one of their female characters and add a few pounds to them anywhere else to prove that not al of their super heroines have to be stick figures, that would be cool.

That's not what they're doing here at all. They're aiming for the Tn'A crowd here, especially since Selina Kyle is in leather at like all times. And that's just... weird. And stupid. It's a comic book.

New blog!

gunswordfist

I'd hit that. :D

If the writing is good then I wouldn't care about the cover.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

On Friday I read Irredeemable Vol. 1 on Friday. .....*snickers* That was more like "What if Superman's life was fucked up." than a deconstruction on superheroes. Seemed very unintentionally hilarious to me.

On Saturday I read about half of Supreme The Story Of The Year (another Superman ripoff...yay.) then I stopped. It wasn't the fact that the comic book was extremely confused, I just didn't feel like reading at all. I believe that's the first time I stopped reading a comic without a planned time to recontinue. I'll do it next time.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on June 11, 2012, 04:14:31 PM
Quote from: Brak's Dad on June 11, 2012, 04:07:41 PM

Yeah, I'm done with comics. For good, this time.
Mainstream comics. We still have good indie shit like The Boys and Saga.
How good is Saga? I hear it's supposed to be the next big thing.

Avaitor

I just read the Deadpool Team Up comic with Hell Cow.

The fuck was that?

New blog!

Nel_Annette

I'm still reading out of habit. I just want it to end already. Though I never got why they'd always take 15 minutes to explain their techniques to their enemies. Don't tell him why you're winning. Just use his confusion to your advantage and kill the bastard!

Rynnec

Quote from: Nel on July 14, 2012, 01:34:33 AM
I'm still reading out of habit. I just want it to end already. Though I never got why they'd always take 15 minutes to explain their techniques to their enemies. Don't tell him why you're winning. Just use his confusion to your advantage and kill the bastard!

???

I know you're probably talking about an overly-long shounen. But which one?

Nel_Annette

:wth:

Naruto. My bad. I think I thought the page I was reading was the most recent one, when really it was pages back. Woopsie.

gunswordfist

Read Punisher Barracuda weeks ago. I like how Ennis can keep on making stories that are like good action movie sequels. How does he do it?

Over the last two days I:
Finished Green Arrow Longbow Hunters- Continuing my Green Arrow recommendations order. I'm starting to really become a Green Arrow fan. Also, dear God do I love the art in this one. Can't wait to continue going through his greatest stories.

Read DMZ- This is the 2nd to last one, I believe. I want to see this made into a TV show just so America can shit itself.

American Vampire Volume 3- Dear lord, I definitely like this more than Scalped. Just saying that it's my favorite recent series. It started out with an interesting flashback of Skinner Sweet's and then followed with two highly entertaining wars against vampires. I loved those adventures. This series is entering all time favorite territory.