Dragon Ball FighterZ

Started by Mustang, November 26, 2017, 01:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It figures that the lobbies are packed today because of the new DLC characters.

I'm really seeing a lot of potential in Bardock. Right now I am using him in a secondary team dedicated to non-ranked matches for practice, along with Android 16 and Trunks. I'm still not nearly good enough with him yet to make him one of my regulars, but with some practice I could see him replacing Vegeta Blue on my main team.

Broly is is exactly what I expected him to be. A big body character who moves like a tank and has obnoxious levels of hyper-armor. I don't care for his playstyle at all.

Mustang

Zamasu joins the roster

Honestly, my interest is gone for this game. I haven't played for a good 2 months. Still love the company, but I'm over this game. Not feeling a lot of the decisions being made.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Sure, that's what everyone says....until EVO rolls around. :humhumhum:

I'm still into the game, myself, but haven't had a chance to play anything for the past two weeks because work/life.

That said, like the last batch of DLC, this batch has one character that I'm interested in and one that I couldn't care less about. Zamasu is the latter, but I'm really excited for Vegitto.

Mustang

:sly: You know the fgc very well.

If hype enough EVO can bring any and everybody out of their funk.

Right now, just not feeling it.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Spark Of Spirit

This game has quite the great roster. Still wish we could have had Master Roshi and Kid Goku (I mean we already have so many other similar Goku characters) for some original series reps but I'm quite pleased with what was put out.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

It looks like the DLC leak roster is true, which means we'll be getting
Spoiler
Base Goku and Saiyan Saga Vegeta (unfortunately) ToP!17 and Cooler only the last of which has me hyped.
[close]

We're also due for a patch pretty soon. I'm more than ready for balance adjustments, got pretty tired seeing 16's and Vegeta's up the ass online.

Nel_Annette

I don't play the game but I'm honestly surprised they're not parading
Spoiler
Jiren or Toppo
[close]
out as DLC. Or are there more unknown characters?

Also, after the ToP arc, I'm glad that they're giving
Spoiler
17 a slot. He's earned it.
[close]

Spark Of Spirit

It depends on if they planned future DLC down the line in a second season type deal. I doubt it, but you never know. It isn't as if there are that many more characters most gamers would go out of their way to pay for though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Hercule is the most glaring omission here. Master Roshi is one thing, and they could always add some of Kid Goku's moves to a potential Base Goku to avoid hit box issues, but not having the signature joke character when the game is developed by a company famous for there out-there character concepts is just jarring.

Spoiler
As for 17, that's something I wish was an 18 alt.
[close]

Mustang

3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

gunswordfist

I thought Jiren and Mastered/UI Goku were shoeins. I assumed they were just waiting on Super to end. That would be the most sensible DLC I've ever heard of because they would be avoiding spoilers and getting paid based off of fresh hype.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Mustang

Base form Goku and Vegeta confirmed

No words.

I haven't been keeping up with much of anything until today. I seen Bardock is the new Cell/A.Gohan, but I will say he looks fun and if I were to ever get back into it my team would be Bardock, Cell, Goku Black.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I know that you've fallen out of DBFZ, but did you at least catch the amazing match between GO1 and Leffen? That shit was so hype that it really helped to reinvigorate my personal interest in the game....until real life stuff got in the way again. Even so I've still been tuning into tournament matches and such to enjoy some of the high-level play going on.

Mustang

Believe it or not I haven't been watching any tournaments as of late. The last tournament I caught was Combo Breaker I believe. I've been a bit down on fighting games in general as of late (which is why I went back to 3rd Strike). But I'll catch up on archives come the weekend.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on July 18, 2018, 05:00:00 PM
I know that you've fallen out of DBFZ, but did you at least catch the amazing match between GO1 and Leffen? That shit was so hype that it really helped to reinvigorate my personal interest in the game....until real life stuff got in the way again. Even so I've still been tuning into tournament matches and such to enjoy some of the high-level play going on.

So glad you told me about that match. Holy shit was that so good (Commentary made it better). It was definitely needed especially with the way I've been feeling about this game let alone fighting games in general. I've never cared much for Leffen (let alone the Smash community. I know, I know. I'm working on it) so obviously I was going to be bias, but man Leffen played so good. Earned my respect.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol