Full Metal Alchemist

Started by Spark Of Spirit, June 27, 2011, 08:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 24, 2014, 02:13:25 PMJust something I read on tvtropes. I was surprised to hear that theory too. According to the website, people speculated that Falman was Pride because he barely had any screen time so they thought he was spending his time being a Homunculus. :D

Ah, so they're going by the Scooby-Doo mentality of solving mysteries. They show up once near the beginning of the story, we (almost) never see them again, then they're revealed to be a villain much later.

I get why they would think that, but FMA isn't that kind of series. It's anything but subtle.

gunswordfist

Quote from: The Shadow Gentleman on June 24, 2014, 02:58:38 PM
I know. I thought he was seriously bringing it up. I can't tell with him.
I'm good at sarcasm here but I was clearly surprised that anyone would think that. :D Also, I can't imagine any of Mustang's guys betraying him after the first series, just going by the first series.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Daikun on June 24, 2014, 03:29:09 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on June 24, 2014, 02:13:25 PMJust something I read on tvtropes. I was surprised to hear that theory too. According to the website, people speculated that Falman was Pride because he barely had any screen time so they thought he was spending his time being a Homunculus. :D

Ah, so they're going by the Scooby-Doo mentality of solving mysteries. They show up once near the beginning of the story, we (almost) never see them again, then they're revealed to be a villain much later.

I get why they would think that, but FMA isn't that kind of series. It's anything but subtle.
Yep. That's something I'd expect to see in an action movie, not FMA.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

Film Theory did an interesting episode on FMA and talks about how Edward completely gets his alchemy wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3EIDSIvmZs

Foggle

"This Japanese movie has a Japanese cast, and I, for one, think that's beautiful."