Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Comic Books

Started by gunswordfist, August 11, 2012, 11:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Quote from: gunswordfist on September 24, 2012, 12:31:34 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on September 24, 2012, 12:23:18 PM
Some have said that The Incredibles is the best possible Fantastic Four movie that could ever have been made.

Whoever said that was correct.
I thought you and Foggle thought it was boring.
Nope, you're thinking about EK.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on September 24, 2012, 12:28:01 PM
If that's seriously the best possible version of the Fantastic Four, then I can safely say that I flat-out don't like the FF. :D
But, Planetary...

Silverstar

Quote from: gunswordfist on September 24, 2012, 12:46:23 PM
I wish they made Incredibles 2. So obvious.

The Incredibles comic book series was a good example of what a sequel might have been like.

And at the same time, it embodies the main hangup to making a sequel to The Incredibles. The original film dealt with deeper issues like family, marriage, isolation, being ostracized from society just for being a certain way, the dark side of hero worship, etc. The books were well done, but now that the Supers are no longer shunned and the Parrs are back in business, the franchise became just another superhero comic. Without the deeper, darker undertones that the first movie had, any Incredibles sequel would be Just Another Superhero Movie.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Avaitor

Well it's Pixar and Brad Bird we're talking about here. They can easily find darker subject matter to tackle if Bird ever decides to make a sequel.

Or they can stick more to the fun super hero side and make a prequel movie consisting of older adventures with Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl or Frozone. If done right, that can be a lot of fun too.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Kiddington

"Run-of-the-mill Superhero fare" or not, Incredibles 2 is still a far better idea than Nemo 2.

I get the feeling at this point it'll never happen though, so whatever.

gunswordfist

Nemo 2? Are you kidding me? The first film wrapped up perfectly.

Anyway, Incredibles 2 should be the family going through a period of having the supers being accepted by society again. After they successfully help make that movement happen with some villain thrown in during that storyline then they should leave the franchise alone.

Kiddington

Silverstar

Quote from: Kiddington on September 24, 2012, 02:06:29 PM
"Run-of-the-mill Superhero fare" or not, Incredibles 2 is still a far better idea than Nemo 2.

I get the feeling at this point it'll never happen though, so whatever.

Definitely co-signed on that. I don't even know why Pixar is doing a 2nd Finding Nemo. The 1st film told a finite story which was wrapped up. Superheroes are at least expected to go on multiple adventures during their careers; what's going to happen in Nemo 2? Is Marlin going to lose his son and embark on the adventure of a lifetime to find him...again? How many life changing journeys is a fish supposed to go through??
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on September 24, 2012, 12:52:22 PM
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on September 24, 2012, 12:28:01 PM
If that's seriously the best possible version of the Fantastic Four, then I can safely say that I flat-out don't like the FF. :D
But, Planetary...
I actually do like The Incredibles more than The Four. Besides the one character that they actually showed backstory on, the rest were just creepy villains that barely talked. I do like this one character more than all The Incredibles besides Mr. Incredible though.

Avaitor

You know, I'd like to think that the reason Peter Parker hasn't really seemed to grow up is to make a statement, that no one, super heroic or other wise, is perfect, and even someone with as high of an IQ as Parker can make a lot of mistakes when put under mass amounts of stress. Spider-Man has always been about the loss and despair behind the mask, and while a lot of the best stories hold true to this mantra, even the worst Spidey tales are meant to show us that ignorance lies in all of us.

But no, Spider-Man still acts like a high schooler due to weak writing and generalizing.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

I'm still waiting for that Spider-Man story where Peter is old... and the story happens to be good.

Avaitor

I wanna see the story where it's revealed that Aunt May becomes all of Spidey's villains to relieve Peter of his boredom.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

And it'll be written by Neil Gaiman.

Seriously, just because Gaiman wrote one gag about Alfred being the Joker, now everyone's nutters over it.

Avaitor

New blog!