Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Animation

Started by Avaitor, November 09, 2011, 08:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

To be fair, though, even in those stories he usually is responsible for making the situation worse for himself by trying to take out his frustrations on SB or Patrick, even if they didn't cause it. And there are plenty of episodes featuring him trying to screw over one of those other characters for no reason other than his personal entertainment, so in general Squidward does come off as an overly angry and nasty character that more often than not ends up deserving what comes to him.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

There was that episode with Patrick's parents where Pat ends up believing his own lies and starts making fun of SpongeBob. That's as close to Fairly Oddparents cruelty as I can think of.

Eddy

Here's an opinion I have that's not very popular. I don't really care for the "Meet the Beat-Alls" episode of The Powerpuff Girls. So many fans say it's one of their favorite episodes, I always see it brought up as one of the best, but I just really don't find it that amusing. The episode, to me, just comes off as one long, drawn out joke. "Look, we said the title of another Beatles song!" Referencing for the sake of referencing isn't that funny to me.

The Yoko Ono thing with Mojo was pretty funny, I guess, but as a whole I find the episode itself to be incredibly overrated.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I thought the entertaining part of the episode came from the whole spoof of the cliche rock band. In this case you have a group of super-villains that find out they work really well together and become extremely successful for a while, but then they start getting full of themselves and do stupid things and end up breaking up and becoming chumps again. In that regard it was a pretty entertaining episode.

I do agree, though, that its not really one of the series' best. I don't see why people love it as much as they do. Its a good episode, but I personally don't consider it a classic.

gunswordfist

Zoidberg sucks.

Courage and Case Closed are better than Scooby Doo.

Scooby Doo sucks.

Except for 13 Ghosts and Zombie Island. Those are perfect.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 12, 2012, 09:51:29 PM
Zoidberg sucks.

Hasn't that always been the case.

QuoteCourage and Case Closed are better than Scooby Doo.

That's not really an unpopular opinion.

QuoteScooby Doo sucks.

Same as above.

QuoteExcept for 13 Ghosts and Zombie Island. Those are perfect.

I liked 13 ghosts back when I watched it as a kid, and that's probably the best that the Scooby-Doo franchise has ever had to offer, but I have no idea if it holds up at all, now.

I don't think that Zombie Island holds up, though. I liked that as a kid as well, but I saw it back when they re-aired it on Cartoon Network back in 2005 (I think it was in that year, or somewhere around that general time-frame) and it came off as pretty lame when I watched it again.

gunswordfist

:burn: Zombie Island is the pinnacle of Scooby Doo!

I thought Futurama fans loved Zoidberg?

I seriously doubt Courage gets enough love for it to be a popular opinion that it's superior to SB.

Dr. Insomniac

Fuck Zombie Island. We got Mystery Inc now.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on August 13, 2012, 12:06:42 AM
:D Keep your trap fetish Freddy and Velgy or whatever they call that relationship. I'll take something that actually had the balls to go through with having actual monsters and not end up just being more Scooby unmasking middle aged people.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Mystery Inc makes me wanna get a lobotomy.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on August 13, 2012, 01:41:50 AM

Well, that's because you're a contrarian. Now go off and watch What's New, Scooby Doo?

Nel_Annette

Say what you will about the new Scooby Doo show; I enjoy it a lot more than most of the boring shit they've done before, barring a few of the movies.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on August 13, 2012, 01:44:15 AM
Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on August 13, 2012, 01:41:50 AM

Well, that's because you're a contrarian. Now go off and watch What's New, Scooby Doo?

I've seen enough episodes to know its not for me. The characters are no longer the flat goody two shoes they used to be, but the obnoxious shipping drama really ruins the dynamic of the show and is always front and center. Every 5 minutes Velma or Daphne or sometimes Scooby act like complete bitches towards 2 dumbass dudes. The villains themselves are no more creative than the old series, they simply look less cheesy. I think there was an overall mystery running through the series, but as far as I saw, fuck all came of it.

I seriously hope the next series tries harder.

Dr. Insomniac

...I still like that Harlan Ellison's a character in it. :(

Commode

13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo is garbage, or at least as much garbage as the rest of the franchise.  Don't know why people on the Internet love it so much.

It's all about the Pup. That's the only one I really like.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.