Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Animation

Started by Avaitor, November 09, 2011, 08:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Yeah, "Powerless" is my least favorite EMH episode. I actually like most of the second half of season 2 otherwise.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Oddly enough, I thought you once said that you liked "Powerless," Avaitor.

That said, I liked the episode mostly because of making Thor a tad less arrogant (which is also why I like the first movie), but I can admit that it's not as well-written as it could've been.

Though, on the subject of least favorite episodes, mine would personally be "Yellowjacket." I'm still baffled at how every Avenger just assumed that Pym was dead, just because an explosion happened in his lab and they never found his body (they didn't even consider any possibilities). That, and I just found that Pym became incredibly obnoxious in his Yellowjacket persona.

gunswordfist

i liked powerless as well. not a favorite but a decent episode.

i agree that pym turning into yellowjacket (the personality change) was...off. i believe in the comics he beats his wife/gf around the time he becomes yellowjacket so i am guessing they decided to not only cut that out but any gradual change that may  and just gave him an abrupt . also, luke cage's dialogue was terrible
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

GregX

I found my original rant on "Powerless"

QuoteEnchantress approaches Loki in his torture prison and offers him his freedom if he destroys Thor. To that end, she casts a spell on Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man that removes their powers. The spell will only be restored if .........

WHAT?!?!?!?!!?!?! The spell only lasts until the cursed finds INNER STRENGTH? Of all the cheesey LAME OVERDONE SATURDAY MORNING SPECIALS!!!!!!!! Thank you, Man of Action. CAP SHOULD HAVE REVERTED IMMEDIATELY, considering the Strength he showed in "Along Came A Spider". COME ON!

Well, I guess only Thor is the one who needs to learn humility and inner strength. WHAT THE FUCK!? Thor was willing to GIVE UP HIS HAMMER to BETA RAY BILL because he felt Bill NEEDED it MORE! How MUCH MORE CHARACTER DOES HE NEED TO SHOW? IT'S FRICKIN' MJOLNIR! This is the sort of Thor story you do in season one. Which...THEY ALREADY DID. THOR'S HUBRIS is WHAT PUT LOKI IN POWER IN ASGARD IN THE FIRST PLACE.

AND ANOTHER THING!!!!! IRON MAN'S ARMOR? REALLY? YOU DO KNOW THAT HE HAS MORE SUITS, RIGHT?

If they're going to take away Tony's science skills, why didn't Hawkeye get hit and loose his depth perception?

Oh...Really? Loki? Ending on a cliched villain line? YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!!!!

Avaitor

Can I just say that overall, EMH>Justice League>Young Justice
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

GregX

Quote from: Avaitor on February 18, 2015, 05:37:05 PM
Can I just say that overall, EMH>Justice League>Young Justice

I'd flip JL and YJ. But yes, EMH was awesome.

Peanutbutter

I believe that Steven Universe has already surpassed Adventure Time and Regular Show, and while it's schedule was split into three segments, its still on its first season. Depending on how things go when the story arc really gets going (and I'm positive it's coming very soon), it might have a good chance at matching Avatar:TLA's level.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on February 18, 2015, 05:37:05 PMCan I just say that overall, EMH>Justice League>Young Justice

Agreed.

I think that JL peaked in season 2, but JLU is a mixed bag (I like it, mind you, but it's not perfect).

As for YJ, I have my problems with it (mostly in season 2), but it is still a fun show.

Speaking of unpopular opinions on team-based superhero shows, I have to be honest and say that, personally, I can't stand Teen Titans. I have REALLY, REALLY tried to appreciate that show, but something about it just bugs me. I get that it has a dedicated fan-base, and that's fine, but it's just not my thing.

Spark Of Spirit

I think Teen Titans was at its best when it focused on comedy. It didn't do serious well at all.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That's the thing, though. Even the comedy didn't really work for me.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on February 18, 2015, 07:31:09 PM
That's the thing, though. Even the comedy didn't really work for me.
I don't think it's brilliant at comedy (I'm not even a fan of the show), but it's undoubtedly better at it than it is at serious moments.

LumRanmaYasha

TT is hit and miss for me as a whole these days. I do think most of the comedy episodes hold up better for me than the serious ones, though.

Avaitor

I actually like Go about the same as the original, maybe more. At least I actual laughs from it on occasion.

New blog!