Cartoon Network Nostalgia Thread

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 10:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

Which Flapjack was it?

I actually liked Flapjack myself. Certainly not my favorite show Cartoon Network has ever had but I still found it pretty fun. Though it's not exactly the show that comes to mind when I think "nostalgia" but I guess, as far as Cartoon Network is concerned, anything pre-Adventure Time and Regular Show is nostalgic.

Goldstar

The current buzz on "the other place" (Toon Zone) is that Cartoon Planet may be coming to an end soon because apparently, there are no episode(s) scheduled after next week's (Aug 31).  If that's truly the case, then I say "Oh, well." I knew from the get-go that CP wouldn't run for years.  It's basically Boomerang cut into little bite-sized pieces. The Brak and Zorak wraparounds were amusing, but there wasn't nearly enough of them and the same ones would be repeated constantly. Plus, with no new material on the block, the novelty soon began to wear off. Overall, I liked the original Cartoon Planet more (I missed Space Ghost). I'd like to see the 1st CP come to Boomerang. It would give me a reason to watch that channel again.

The problem with nostalgia is that it has a limited shelf life. People tune in initially, but some people start to lose interest after a couple of weeks or months.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Commode

I didn't think it would last too long(along with Toonami it logically is one of those things that can't last), but I at least figured it would stick around until the channel's anniversary in October.  That's what I thought all this nostalgia stuff regarding the channel was all about.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Goldstar

I'm guessing that Cartoon Network will run the new season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Ben 10: Omnitrix on Friday nights in place of Cartoon Planet, even though CN has tried action premieres on Friday nights before, and it didn't work out so well.

Even if Cartoon Planet goes away, there's still Boomerang and iTunes for those who need their old-school CN fix.

Spark Of Spirit

It's a shame, but at least it was fun while it lasted. They just needed to pick less Gym Partner, but at least Squirrel Boy never found its way in.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Yeah, they seemed to stick to the more popular shows. Weasel and Evil Con Carne get a pass since they started out with more popular shows.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Quote from: Eddy on August 24, 2012, 02:52:16 AM
Watching old Cartoon Network bumps sort of makes me sad. The whole idea that all the cartoon characters worked at Cartoon Network was such a great, fun, and creative idea. Seeing characters like Scooby and the gang interact with the guys of Megas XLR, Fred Flinstone trying to find a parking spot with Chicken and He-Man, or Sheep trying to find a place to sit in the cafeteria. These were great bumpers.

I really hate Cartoon Network's bump style now. I don't even know what to call it. Random clips being played in an attempt to create internet memes style? Whatever it is, it sucks. Go back to the style of all the cartoons interacting with one another, CN. Let's see Finn and Jake try to go adventuring with Scooby. Let's see the Eds and Mordecai and Rigby team up to perform some crazy scheme. I don't know.
Did this really happen?! :o Either way, I miss those commercials. I also miss when they let the Cartoon Cartoons characters host.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Goldstar

And...it's over. Tonight will be the last week of Cartoon Planet. Starting next week, Cartoon Network will begin airing encores (aka, reruns) of Dragons: Riders of Berk at 8PM and Level Up at 8:30PM (EST).

Avaitor

If I'm home, I'll watch it.

Fun while it lasted.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Quote from: Goldstar on August 31, 2012, 08:02:47 AM
And...it's over. Tonight will be the last week of Cartoon Planet. Starting next week, Cartoon Network will begin airing encores (aka, reruns) of Dragons: Riders of Berk at 8PM and Level Up at 8:30PM (EST).
:D :D :D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Kiddington

Level Up? Seriously? :unimpressed:

How insulting.

Eddy

Level Up?

They couldn't even replace it with a cartoon?

:wth:

Fuck you, Cartoon Network.

Dr. Insomniac

Another excuse to stick to my DVDs.

...yes, I haven't gotten Netflix yet. Don't remind me.

Eddy

That's okay, Cartoon Network still doesn't have any of its shows up on Netflix.

Daxdiv

You're not alone my good doctor. I keep forgetting to sign up for that service.