Yu Yu Hakusho

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 06:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

I assumed the Doctor could still use his powers since all the others had no problems doing so after they were badly hurt and Doctor clearly had more time to heal.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, but Doctor's abilities didn't grant him some super-strength that made him resistant to bullets or something. A cop could easily take him down like any normal psycho if he tried to attack them or anyone else. The ending made perfect sense, too, since it wouldn't have been a good idea for Yusuke and the others to have to deal with the cops when they still had the rest of the psychics to hunt down.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 09, 2012, 07:04:33 PM
I assumed the Doctor could still use his powers since all the others had no problems doing so after they were badly hurt and Doctor clearly had more time to heal.
One thing that I don't think was explored was how long a territory takes to rebuild after it is broken, but every single psychic who has lost their territory in the arc usually loses consciousness for a good while. To envelope the police station would probably take a long time, even for him.

All it takes is for the cops to put him in a straightjacket or something and until his bones heal, he can't really do much of anything.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on August 09, 2012, 07:05:19 PM
Yeah, but Doctor's abilities didn't grant him some super-strength that made him resistant to bullets or something. A cop could easily take him down like any normal psycho if he tried to attack them or anyone else. The ending made perfect sense, too, since it wouldn't have been a good idea for Yusuke and the others to have to deal with the cops when they still had the rest of the psychics to hunt down.
What the...?! The cops wouldn't know what they would be up against. He'd have no problem beating enough to get away. Spark's explanation was good enough. Quit talking. :bleh:
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 09, 2012, 07:14:46 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on August 09, 2012, 07:04:33 PM
One thing that I don't think was explored was how long a territory takes to rebuild after it is broken, but every single psychic who has lost their territory in the arc usually loses consciousness for a good while. To envelope the police station would probably take a long time, even for him.

All it takes is for the cops to put him in a straightjacket or something and until his bones heal, he can't really do much of anything.
I believe Doctor was just handcuffed at most and territories take a second to fill a space. Seriously, let's change the subject. The IQ is going down in this thread.

Spark Of Spirit

Lets also not forget that his part of the plan was over, IIRC he didn't care what happened to him after that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 09, 2012, 07:18:01 PM
What the...?! The cops wouldn't know what they would be up against. He'd have no problem beating enough to get away. Spark's explanation was good enough. Quit talking. :bleh:

Yeah, he'd escape an entire police station and would with a ton of armed guys just ready and willing to shoot him. The guy doesn't have super-fast reflexes to the point of allowing him to take out a dozen or so men before they draw their guns. This is classic GSF logic and its finest. You clearly think with you're DBZ-logic in mind and don't figure that there are more police than just those 2 guys sitting in the room with him. Also, his territory would take longer than just a few seconds to infect in the entire station, and even if it did its not like he wouldn't be hunted down if he tried to escape.

Using Yusuke's own words: "You shouldn't talk, it makes you sound stupid." ;)

gunswordfist

It's not like Doctor can't escape and change his identity or anything. Nope, EK has this all figured out. :>

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 10, 2012, 08:47:46 PM
It's not like Doctor can't escape and change his identity or anything. Nope, EK has this all figured out. :>

Right, he's going to escape an entire police station and nobody is going to lift a gun against him in the first place. This is why everyone calls you an idiot. At what point was it said that Doctor was imperveous to bullets? Changing his identity doesn't do shit  if he hasn't already escaped yet. Escaping is the thing I said he can't do.

Typical GSF. :sly:

gunswordfist

Yeah, it's not like Doctor didn't reveal that he escaped in Topside..oh wait..  :humhumhum:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 10, 2012, 10:08:54 PM
Yeah, it's not like Doctor didn't reveal that he escaped in Topside..oh wait..  :humhumhum:

He had recovered by that time, dumb-shit. Or did you not listen to a word Desensitized said. Man, you really are an idiot. :>

gunswordfist

I was surprised to hear that Elder Toguro counted as a upper B level demon.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 10, 2012, 10:11:40 PM
I was surprised to hear that Elder Toguro counted as a upper B level demon.

Where was that stated in the TV series? I've been re-reading the manga and haven't seen that mentioned anywhere, yet, and its been a while since I've watched the Chapter Black arc (which I'm assuming is where you heard it from).

I find that hard to believe, though, since Elder Toguro clearly didn't seem to be on the level of his younger brother, who himself was confirmed to be an upper B class in the CB arc by Koenma.

gunswordfist

Koenma said he was a high level B demon along with his brother, in comparison to Hiei who was mid B level at the time. I just watched that days ago so I can confirm that.

I think it has more to do with ability than power in ET's case. I'm guessing how good his healing ability is classified him as being on that level. At least that's the best explanation I can come up with. He's clearly nowhere near as strong as Younger.

Angus

Saw some old YYH videos at the library, like back when they had 2-3 episodes to a disc, although I'm not sure if I should try to grab those (volumes 30-40)? Already have the boxsets 1-3.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

gunswordfist

Heh, Megalicca. Kind of obvious what episode I watched last night.