Yu Yu Hakusho

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 06:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Well said. The Death of Genkai is definitely top 5 material for me. I don't think I could make a top 10 just because there's so much to look at, and a lot of my favorite parts of the series encompass a number of episodes. But I can easily imagine both Toguro's Wish and Sleep, Doctor, Sleep (glad to see that episode getting praise) making it... I do believe that my top 2 would be Death of a Spirit Detective and Attempting Revenge though. Don't think I'll ever forget those episodes.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I admit, its hard to rank episodes for a series like this, not just because it heavily relies on continuity and is not episodic, but also because there are just so many damn good episodes in this show to begin with. Part of why I've never actually attempted to come up with a single favorite episode before, let alone 10 of them (actually its technically more than 10 since I ranked 2 episodes together on 2 occasions within my list). Honestly, you should think of this more as my top 10 favorite moments, or rather segments, within this series.

On another note, since I never have actually said what my favorite episode in this series is (and keep in mind, I have always said that the Doctor episodes were among of my favorites, but I never actually claimed that they were my #1 favorite episodes), mainly because I never thought of it before now, I am curious as to whether anyone here could guess what my favorite episode is, knowing my particular tastes. I can tell you right now, its not a conventional top choice as its not some big fight or epic conclusion to a story arc. It is something that is all about character, though, so I wonder if anyone could call what my personal favorite YYH episode is before I actually post it.

gunswordfist

You spelled entry entrey and you called Genkai 'he' at the end.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I typed this up at 1 in the morning when I was half-asleep. What's your point?

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on September 12, 2012, 10:37:04 AM
I typed this up at 1 in the morning when I was half-asleep. What's your point?
Typical gunswordfist nitpicking. :>

gunswordfist

Just helping out with the typos, bro.

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

At least he didn't make double or triple posts in a row that could've easily been edited  to one post.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

I only do that for websites that show up on google.

Foggle

gunswordfist

You completely missed the joke. :imnothappy:

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on September 12, 2012, 11:22:00 AM
You completely missed the joke. :imnothappy:
No, I got it, but it doesn't work anymore. :happytime:

Dr. Insomniac

You just happened to make a bad joke.

gunswordfist

You just happened to be born a bad joke.

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on September 12, 2012, 11:29:27 AM
You just happened to be born a bad joke.
wicked sick burn dood 8) 8) 8)