Yu Yu Hakusho

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 06:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 02, 2011, 03:56:38 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 01, 2011, 05:33:53 PM
I also think the SDF makes things from earlier seem less dire. It makes sense for them to send their weaker men (Yusuke) first and hold back on the SDF. But they talk like the Saint Beasts and Rando will DESTROY THE WORLD if Yusuke fails.

Well, keep in mind that the SDF were under King Enma's control, not Koenma's (recall in Chapter Black that King Enma himself issues the order for them to kill Yusuke and capture Koenma, and then later to kill Koenma in the beginning of the Three Kings arc). I believe it was implied that King Enma was away on "business" of some sort and it would be likely that since he's the big honcho of Spirit World, he must be the one to deal with more pressing matters, and perhaps something was going on with demon world or something (and I also believe it was implied when Genkai died that there were other worlds or dimensions that one could be sent to after they died, or something like that, so maybe Spirit World deals with other dimensions we've never heard of as well, but that's just a theory of mine with not really enough evidence to back it up, so I only propose it as an idea).

They never talk like Rando will destroy the world if Yusuke were to fail. Where did you even hear that? As I recall, they said that if he gained Genkai's ability he would go on a massive killing spree testing the limits of his power, which is certainly a very big deal, but it was never made out to be a "world ending" catastrophe. The Saint Beasts demanded access to the human realm, and likely wanted to take over the world or something like that, but if anything Koenma didn't take them seriously enough since he just sent Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Kurama and Hiei as allied support to take them out (keeping in mind that even if they were around the same class level, Yusuke and Kuwabara were still way too inexperienced to be expected to take on something of that sort). They also never really acted like the Saint Beasts would destroy the world, but more like they would endanger a whole lot of human lives if they were to gain access to the human world.

Also, as for the Dark Tournament which I believe you mentioned something about earlier, don't forget that Yusuke himself agreed to do it because Toguro threatened that he would kill Keiko and others Yusuke cared about if he didn't. Koenma had nothing to do with forcing Yusuke into it or anything of the sort.
WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! Do NOT remember this. I hope you're wrong and just a crazy person.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Re-watch the first few episodes of the Three Kings arc. Koenma flat-out says that both him and Yusuke are targets of King Enma, which is why he's hiding out in the human world in his teenage form in the first place and actually sitting down and talking to Yusuke about it.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 07, 2011, 12:06:50 PM
Re-watch the first few episodes of the Three Kings arc. Koenma flat-out says that both him and Yusuke are targets of King Enma, which is why he's hiding out in the human world in his teenage form in the first place and actually sitting down and talking to Yusuke about it.
Yeah, but did he ever said his Dad wanted him dead. Capturing makes sense but to put a hit out on his son for any reason is completely ridiculous.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yes, he does say he wants him dead. Like I said, go re-watch those episodes if you don't believe me.

gunswordfist

Post some damn quotes and I'll believe you.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Why the fuck are you too lazy to watch a fucking episode? You really are a dumb-shit. If you want a specific episode, I believe its episode 95 or somewhere around there, or ask someone else here. Either way, its there you dumb-ass. Stop trying to deny when you're wrong. We all already know how much of a brain-dead idiot you are, anyways, so its not like you have a reputaion to ruin or anything. :sly:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 07, 2011, 02:44:50 PM
Why the fuck are you too lazy to watch a fucking episode? You really are a dumb-shit. If you want a specific episode, I believe its episode 95 or somewhere around there, or ask someone else here. Either way, its there you dumb-ass. Stop trying to deny when you're wrong. We all already know how much of a brain-dead idiot you are, anyways, so its not like you have a reputaion to ruin or anything. :sly:
:'( I miss it when you were more natural with your insults. Everything these days is going downhill.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 07, 2011, 03:20:43 PM
:'( I miss it when you were more natural with your insults. Everything these days is going downhill.

Yes, I know that the truth about you retardedness makes you cry. Nice try, but what I said wasn't an insult if its the truth, dumb-fuck. :sly:

I miss it when you could actually come up with comebacks or insults of your own, though. Now you're literally the most pussified member on this board. :blush:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 07, 2011, 04:06:09 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on June 07, 2011, 03:20:43 PM

Yes, I know that the truth about you retardedness makes you cry. Nice try, but what I said wasn't an insult if its the truth, dumb-fuck. :sly:

I miss it when you could actually come up with comebacks or insults of your own, though. Now you're literally the most pussified member on this board. :blush:
Look, numb-nuts, I was trying to spare you the embarassment of getting embarassed by me but you are too much of a brain dead motherfucker to realize that.  :anger: :anger:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, I know you want to believe you're a bad-ass, but its impossible for you to embarrass me when you already embarrass yourself with so little effort. To put it simply, you're the dumb-ass of the forum, and everyone knows it. But, its OK, we don't judge you any differently for it (not that you could tell the difference, anyways). :sly:

talonmalon333

While you nitwits continue bickering (basically, while gunswordfist continues to be a fool while Ensatsu-ken erases my post due to lacking any good comebacks), I feel like posting my top 5 favorite characters in this series.

Wasn't sure about who should go here, but really, Sakyo is a sicko. Definitely the most evil in the 2nd season, he completely leaves an impression.

An old favorite. Genkai's one of the most awesome female characters in anime, period! Though I originally had problems with it, I'm glad she was in the 3rd season. I feel like it even added to Toguro's character.

Sensui is easily one of the most intriguing characters in the series, and probably one of the best villains ever. Nuff said!

I can understand picking either Sensui OR Toguro as the best villain in the series. And for me, I can see myself switching everyday. Right now I'd go with Toguro. I feel he has more depth.

And now, #1...

I love the main 4 so much that I had to throw them together. I love them all equally on an even level. If you made me pick one, I'd probably have to say Yusuke. But it's such a close call.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

My top 5:

Honorable mentions: Koenma and Kuwabara (I love the both of them, but I can't necessarily rank them above any of these 5 characters).

5. Sakyo- He's a pretty underrated character. To me, despite his little screen-time, he left a HUGE impact on the series, IMO.

4. Yusuke- He's a great protagonist and while he lacks the character depth of characters like Hiei and Kurama, he doesn't really need it because he's already a very well-designed character from the get-go.

3. Genkai- She is proof that this isn't such a misogynistic shonen as many people would be lead to believe. Aside from being a strong female character (especially considering her old age), she serves as one of the best "wise mentor" characters I have ever seen in any series, and her interacts with Yusuke are always priceless. In fact, the reason I rank her above Yusuke is because I feel that without her, Yusuke would lose a lot of his great moments in the series since he owes A LOT to her, both in terms of how his character is handled and in how many great moments he gets as a result of her presence in the story.

2. Younger Toguro/Sensui- I know its cheating to tie the 2 biggest villains in this series in a single spot, and to be fair, I think that Sensui is a far better designed villain that Toguro, but even then I think that Toguro is a completely memorable villain and a great overall character in the series, and I just can't NOT rank him here, either, so I just said "fuck it" and decided to tie them for a spot. Both are complex and interesting villains who really help make this show what it is. I'd go so far as to say that without them, this could have easily been just another generic shonen series.

1. Kurama- Don't get me wrong, I love all of the main 4, but I think that Kurama is by far my favorite character in the entire series. He is intelligent, yes, but what makes him more interesting than other intelligent characters in other shonen series is that he's not treated like he's invincible because of it. You get to see him think and plan ahead in battles without automatically always knowing the right move, and you end up appreciating him more for that. Also, I find that he has the most interest back-story out of any other character in the series. His relationship with his mother and humaniziation as a character is extremely well-done, and its even more effective when you realize what a cold-blooded killer and criminal he used to be back when he was Yoko Kurama. To me, Kurama is easily one of the top 3 most interesting characters that Togashi has ever written (the 2nd being Sensui, though I didn't rank him above Kurama because I just like Kurama more as a character, and the first for my own reasons is actually Killua from HXH, though if anybody wants me to elaborate on that I'd be happy to, later on).

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 08, 2011, 12:30:48 PM
Yeah, I know you want to believe you're a bad-ass, but its impossible for you to embarrass me when you already embarrass yourself with so little effort. To put it simply, you're the dumb-ass of the forum, and everyone knows it. But, its OK, we don't judge you any differently for it (not that you could tell the difference, anyways). :sly:
talon, burn in hell. You're not even worthy of quoting.

EK, I'm sorry for being such a dumb-ass. I know that deep down inside I'm just a punk ass who comes here to be on a power trip. I pretend to be tough here but in real life people push me around and force me to spit shine their shoes. :'(

My top 5 favorite characters:
1. Yusuke (possible my favorite character out of any media)
2. Hiei
3. Younger Toguro
4. Genkai
5. Bui ( :anger: :anger: )

And Kuwabara is a terrible character and is just a weak mish mash of Hiei and Yusuke. I honestly believe that. The only time he did anything I liked was when he cut Hiei and Kurama out of whatsitcallits dimension right before Yusuke died.

Avaitor

5- Yusuke
4- Kurama
3- Younger Toguro
2- Hiei
1- Sensui

I have to admit that the last two are somewhat interchangeable, and Kuwabara and Genkai stand a chance to replace either one at any time. Maybe Sakyo as well, since as EK says, he left a great impression over his few scenes of menace during his course on the show.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

When did it become cool to not have Yusuke at #1?