Things That Don't Bother You About Gaming

Started by gunswordfist, April 16, 2012, 03:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

This thread is about loooooovvvvvvveeeee! Go on and on and on and on about what you like about games new and old.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

I love world maps in platformers and RPGs :swoon:

Spark Of Spirit

Franchise revivals, platformers, 2D, classic gaming.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Playing a game for about 4+ hours and not realizing what time it is. Even at the cost of eating.

Rynnec

The revival of 2D fighters (and 2D in general) that this gen has been seeing.

This trend in co-op that has spread into well established franchises (NSMB Wii, DKCR, and Castlevania Harmony of Despair).

Sonic games being universally good again.

talonmalon333

Daxdiv

I got another one, playing an online game with a bunch of super-bros. AH, that feel when you play a random game and meet a bunch of well behaved people that's willing to help a new guy out and not get angry.

Spark Of Spirit

I should say that I enjoy franchise revivals in general, even if I don't care for the franchise. Videogames are not TV shows, books, or movies, so good games never wear out their welcome and I think all franchises (saved for dead ones that simply ran out of steam or the company killed) deserve a fair shot every generation to prove their worth.

So far it seems only Nintendo and Sega (especially as of recently) realize that you can have new franchises and still keep the classics going.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

I agree. I love how Nintendo brought back Kid Icarus and Punch-Out!! and gave them a new breathe of air. These are prime examples of reviving a franchise, since Uprising is more of a sequel due to how they reference all the stuff that has happened in the past game. While Punch-Out!! felt more like a modern reboot, since it combined elements from the NES and SNES games.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Daxdiv on April 16, 2012, 04:43:28 PM
I got another one, playing an online game with a bunch of super-bros. AH, that feel when you play a random game and meet a bunch of well behaved people that's willing to help a new guy out and not get angry.
I found that in Rainbow Six Vegas 2. I need to go back to that game.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 16, 2012, 04:55:34 PM
I should say that I enjoy franchise revivals in general, even if I don't care for the franchise. Videogames are not TV shows, books, or movies, so good games never wear out their welcome and I think all franchises (saved for dead ones that simply ran out of steam or the company killed) deserve a fair shot every generation to prove their worth.

So far it seems only Nintendo and Sega (especially as of recently) realize that you can have new franchises and still keep the classics going.
Yeah, I love how stories don't hold games back and some ingenious additions devs sometimes add to new entries in the series, whether it's the "Why didn't I think of this." "I'd never think of this." or "About time." type of new gameplay elements.

Foggle

GOG.com, Steam sales, free and/or expansion pack-sized DLC.

Dr. Insomniac

Spark Of Spirit

gunswordfist