Started by Avaitor, July 01, 2011, 08:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 14, 2012, 06:22:38 PM
............of this year? Funny, the last post I made on this site was me not giving a damn about Nick. Now I want the channel back. Will they be showing the episodes weekly, dicking around and having unnecessary breaks between them again or is it one of those damn show previews where they show the first episode and don't continue the show for some months?

Also, any chance of the show be available legally online?

From the looks of it, I think it's the former where we'll probably get a boatload of episodes, then the show will go on a break and Nick will somehow run the few episodes they have aired to the ground before the new batch of episodes can air.

As for legally online, maybe Nick's website will probably stream the episode later. Not sure how later since I don't follow their uploading schedule.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Looks like the first episode has been leaked. Oops!

Saw it, was very impressed with the art direction. I'll miss the natural environments, but holy shit the city they live in is huge. The premiere felt a little rushed though, introducing a crapload of new elements into the series topped off by a very abrupt end. Would've preferred a 2 parter but its just a minor pacing issue.

Also, I love that meta joke about Zuko's mom. That's some maximum trolling right there.

Spark Of Spirit

It leaked? I only saw the opening and the clip Dax posted.

The opening is really nice. Familiar, yet new.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

http://www.nickpress-thelegendofkorra.com/a/screeningroom.html

Type "nickpress" for username and password.

EDIT:  You guys aren't gonna get all Huntsman-y on me for posting this, are you?  Especially since this info is being posted on just about every other message board out there, except TZ it seems.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Insomniac

Eh, we won't unless we actually get contacted by people telling us to take it down.

Still, I want to save the episode for my birthday, so no spoilers.

Avaitor

Yeah, we're pretty low on the radar for all the big companies, so I'm not too worried about links like this being posted here.

But I also want to wait for it to air, since I'm a good boy like that.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I plan on watching it again when it airs, but I really wanted to see how they handled all the new elements.

Without spoiling anything, the music is pretty amazing, the direction is superb, and the story feels like the next chapter. The themes are surprisingly effective, the characters instantly likable, and the plot engaging. It still feels like Avatar, but everything feels bigger and better.

I can't wait for this to really start. If this isn't popular, I'll be really disappointed.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

I love the music in Korra, Kind of reminds me of Baccano! in a way. Really love the city setting as well, it's nice looking and huge and I do hope we see more of it. As for the character, I'm really liking Tenzin and Korra the most and I do wonder how the Anti-Bending movement will play into the story.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm still kind of taking it all in, but I do really enjoy how you watch in and the first thing that pops into your mind is how there isn't anything like it currently on TV- not even the previous show, really. I hope people are able to appreciate adventure shows with characters (well, most characters) that are not young kids these days.

GaryPotter

Huntsman is such a douche.

Anyway, I just got done watching it. It certainly feels different than the first show. Like Spark said, everything is bigger and more epic looking, which really helps. Unfortunately, I have my doubts as to whether the animation quality will hold up.

The bad guys seem pretty lame, but I'm confident they won't stay the main villains for very long.

Pharass

Great first episode and yes, I too got a definite Baccano vibe from the music.  As for The Equalists, I admit that I like Amon's design, but than I've always had a weakness for masked mastermind villains. I just hope that his organization won't be presented as a group of strawmen, but that at least some of them will be just misguided or at least have actual reasons for distrusting benders beyond "I'm jealous of their abilities" or "they're different, so I hate them".

Come to think of it, that last one wouldn't make much sense, since I never got the impression that benders were in the minority in the Avatar world.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

gunswordfist

That video does load for me so I had to watch it here: http://dubhappy.com/the-legend-of-korra-episode-1/

I just got finished. My notes:

Didn't know Katara would be shown right off the bat. Thought they'd do the old have them show at a later episode gimmick.

Sokka's dead?

Didn't know this series would have cars and radios.

Love how much better the show looks. To me, the first series' animation looked a bit off at times.

Korra is nothing like Katara, well except she can be defiant but not in an annoying nagging way like Katara which is the best thing you can say about a heroine.
Quote from: GaryPotter on March 17, 2012, 08:14:42 PM
Huntsman is such a douche.

Anyway, I just got done watching it. It certainly feels different than the first show. Like Spark said, everything is bigger and more epic looking, which really helps. Unfortunately, I have my doubts as to whether the animation quality will hold up.

The bad guys seem pretty lame, but I'm confident they won't stay the main villains for very long.
We haven't even seen them in action. The main villain are the non-benders, not those triad guys. By all means those guys could just be second class villains.

Anyway, I hope they make the conflict between the non-benders and the benders interesting as some of the better mutants vs humans X-Men storylines. That may sound like a weird comparison but it's the only similar thing I know of.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

The first 2 episodes of Korra are on Nick's Korra Nation site and this is legit. If you want to catch part 2, skip to the video 23:20 to get to episode 2 if you already viewed episode 1.

Spark Of Spirit

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it in the comments.

Spark Of Spirit

Great episode again. Bolin is a bit more grounded than I was expecting and Mako isn't angsty like I was expecting, both make good additions to the story. Now that the characters are all established, I hope we get to see the plot move soon.