Started by Avaitor, July 01, 2011, 08:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Pharass on April 23, 2012, 11:14:36 AM
Regarding the latest episode: One thing I like about The Equalists as antagonists is the fact that they do have a point. Sure, their methods are questionable and their leader is incredibly shady, but they do have a point: It is incredibly easy for Benders to use their powers in order to force the non-benders into doing whatever they want. Sure, there's the police, but they can't be anywhere all the time. Plus, there's no guarantee that the firebender - gangleader that just got arrested doesn't have associates that will set fire to your house when you're still in it.
So, I can sort of understand where Amon and his gang's coming from and that makes them all the more frightening.
This sounds very X-Men.

I just remembered that when I first heard that the main villains would be Chi Blockers, I thought that circus girl, whatshername, from Azula's trio had something to do...ah, I also remember that at the end of the show, she said she was teaching the Kyoshi warriors Chi Blockers. I wouldn't be surprised if The Equalists have something to do with her and/or them. What? IDK. I don't know about circus freak's chances of being alive either. She could either help give Korra info or be involved with the bad guys if she's still around though.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 07, 2012, 11:59:32 AM
Regarding the latest episode: One thing I like about The Equalists as antagonists is the fact that they do have a point. Sure, their methods are questionable and their leader is incredibly shady, but they do have a point: It is incredibly easy for Benders to use their powers in order to force the non-benders into doing whatever they want. Sure, there's the police, but they can't be anywhere all the time. Plus, there's no guarantee that the firebender - gangleader that just got arrested doesn't have associates that will set fire to your house when you're still in it.
So, I can sort of understand where Amon and his gang's coming from and that makes them all the more frightening.
This sounds very X-Men.

I just remembered that when I first heard that the main villains would be Chi Blockers, I thought that circus girl, whatshername, from Azula's trio had something to do...ah, I also remember that at the end of the show, she said she was teaching the Kyoshi warriors Chi Blockers. I wouldn't be surprised if The Equalists have something to do with her and/or them. What? IDK. I don't know about circus freak's chances of being alive either. She could either help give Korra info or be involved with the bad guys if she's still around though.
I believe they answered this specifically. Ty Lee had nothing to do with the rise of the Equalists, nor did she create the chi-blocking technique. It was an ancient skill that was not used all that much at the time, that she just happened to learn herself.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 07, 2012, 06:47:31 PM
This sounds very X-Men.

I believe they answered this specifically. Ty Lee had nothing to do with the rise of the Equalists, nor did she create the chi-blocking technique. It was an ancient skill that was not used all that much at the time, that she just happened to learn herself.
They did? I didn't mean she created chi-blocking, I meant did she had anything to do with them learning it.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 07, 2012, 07:29:55 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 07, 2012, 06:47:31 PM
This sounds very X-Men.

They did? I didn't mean she created chi-blocking, I meant did she had anything to do with them learning it.
Yeah, there was a Q&A and someone asked about that, IIRC. The creators confirmed that she had nothing to do with the Equalists.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Sorry, I'm going off of memory. I'm sure it's floating around out there somewhere.  :??:

gunswordfist

Things I've been wanting to say since like last year:

Avatar The Last Airbender seemed to imply that Ursa tortured Azulon. What made me think this was because they said that Azulon changed his will to make Ozai the next Firelord if he died and I'm guessing Ursa tortured him to make him change his will. I also actually thought she forced him to kill himself because no one was suspicious of him being murdered, but that seems too far fetched once I think about it. She probably just did it herself.

I think I said this before but I hope Korra has scenes like my favorite part in ATLA: http://nicktoons.nick.com/videos/clip/NTV_ava_earthking_clip.html *replaced stupid video

Daxdiv

Meant to comment sooner, but I did like the recent episodes as well.

Korra isn't as much as a Mary Sue as Katara was in her youth, really her being OPed as hell was the only minor gripe I had, well that and how Sokka was treated. I did like how Amon overpowered her after she was trying to not act scared. Tenzin as a mentor for me is really working.

As for the rest focusing on the Fire Ferrets team. I still enjoy this little sport they added. I did like the time Bolin and Korra spent together, while Mako had Asami. Poor Bolin being heartbroken like that. Don't worry, there are plenty of fishes in the sea.

Daxdiv

So who saw last week's episode. What a show with that one and we got some development on Tenzin's past and how he used to date Lin. Though from the looks of it, Lin's relationship with Korra might start to cool off a bit with both of them realizing how much they need each other. Though Amon and the Equalist get more and more powerful with every episode. Stuff likes this makes this more enjoyable than the first two season of Avatar combined. It's like we have Season 2 epicness done right.

Spark Of Spirit

Tenzin is the best character, and that episode solidified it for me. There was a lot of really good action, fun, and character moments in this episode. But this still feels like the beginning of the story, I hope it gets rolling soon.

Daxdiv

So the championship match, it was obviously fixed. The question out there so far is... who fixed it? Was it Amon trying to make an example out of them or was it the Wolfbats trying to preserve their streak?

Personally, I feel that the WolfBats probably did it. Amon doesn't strike me as the kind of person that would bribe the officials, considering how he goes on about honesty and doesn't like benders that abuse their power and push around other people. He did make an example of them after their flagrant cheating. Even the Shiro Shinobi was calling them out when announcing the match.

Nel_Annette

Well, at least one of the rich people were good. XD That battle sequence against the mechs was great.

Peanutbutter

Another game-changing episode with good fight choreography and character development. The first season of Korra is really firing on all cylinders so far. If this were any other show, no one would believe the hero about a friend of theirs or their relative was evil, and the villain in question would dodge suspicion and not be revealed to viewers until the end of the episode or much later. Not Korra, this show cuts the bull and has very smart characters.

I look forward to next week. Chances are that it'll be a side-story next time.

Spark Of Spirit

I actually didn't see that coming. I legitimately thought he was telling the truth.

Now I feel sorry for the Metalbender cops.

Daxdiv

I'm curious to know how those people that thought that Asami was an equalist were feeling like after this episode aired. Anyone that thought that was kind of dumb in my book. I never even expected her to be one since that would have been lame. That fight with the mechs was pretty impressive. Still didn't see the dad being an equalist. That I do agree that I liked how Tenzin and Lin trusted Korra's intuition about Mr. Sato having secret intentions.