Started by Avaitor, July 01, 2011, 08:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I didn't see him being an equalist at all. I didn't think Asami was one, but I genuinely thought this was going to be one of those "mistaken impression" plots until I got the rug pulled out from under me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Let it be said that it's hilarious how everybody's parents are getting killed by Firebenders.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 24, 2012, 01:59:57 PM
Let it be said that it's hilarious how everybody's parents are getting killed by Firebenders.
I think it's because of the implications.

Firebender = Burned to death or... burned to death
Earthbender = Crushed to death or broken body (like Jet)
Waterbender = Drowned to death or Impaled
Airbender = Suffocated to death or a gruesome death drop

Burned doesn't sound nearly as horrific in comparison, IMO.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

I'm just going by the theory that ever since Ozai lost to Aang, that there were a lot of disgruntled Fire Nation people and those people told their kids the story about how strong they were and decide to take their rage out on people. That and fire is pretty much consider the bully element with how much destruction it can cause.

Dr. Insomniac

I'm going by my joke theory that it's the same Firebender who's been killing all these people, and he'll end up being the main bad guy of Season 1.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 24, 2012, 10:38:17 PM
I'm going by my joke theory that it's the same Firebender who's been killing all these people, and he'll end up being the main bad guy of Season 1.
It's Combustion Man.

He's a cyborg now.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 24, 2012, 10:40:44 PM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 24, 2012, 10:38:17 PM
It's Combustion Man.

He's a cyborg now.
No, it's clearly Zhao. Instead of getting killed by the Ocean Spirit, he escaped and became immortal.

Spark Of Spirit

Awww, repeats? Really?  :-\

I wish we could have got the first 12 episodes before repeats.

Dr. Insomniac

"Aw, shit!" - My reaction to this week's episode.

Spark Of Spirit

Things are not looking good for our heroes!

I really hope there's a new episode next week. This is too brutal to leave off on.

gunswordfist

Happy 1800th post for me.

I just watched the 6th episode:And The Winner Is... The one with the Probending Championship. I'm surprised it was this early. Fasted paced of the show.

I know ponytails had to have something to do with the Equalists embarassing the Metalbending cops. And possibly rigging the Wolfbats match. I loved their water/earth combo attack.

I knew Toph's Daughter (forget her name) was the one that used to be Tenzin before Korra figured it out just from their arguing.

I wonder if the man in Korra's 2nd knocked out induced Aang memory that was in front of Aang was the guy that ponytails said attacked or whatever the city. I hope he's not related to Amon at all. Just had/has similar beliefs. I hate it when everyone is related to everyone.

Good to see Toph's Daughter in action. The show isn't kind to benders at all so it wasn't smooth for her even though it was her first time showing off. Very nice.

I was :o during the battle at the end. I'm more hooked than ever now. I wonder if that guy with the electric sticks was the one who easily beat Bolin and Mako.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

You know, I'm really hoping this Saturday isn't a repeat. That would be a terrible place for a hiatus and cliffhanger.

Rynnec

This episode did not dissapoint. We got to see more of the Gaang as adults, and none of them have really changed all that much in terms of personality. Tarrlok's backstory is also revealed, and he gets taken out by Amon too (I had actually thought Amon had killed him at first). After seeing this episode, I have a feeling that I know who Amon is. Speaking of which, it's official; Amon is a cooler villain than Ozai and Azula ever were.

And as per Avatar tradition, the finale will air as an hour-long episode.

gunswordfist

Watched episode 7 yesterday:

I like how Korra accused Asami (sp??) of being a girly girl and then she proved Korra wrong. Great little bit about women being more than just their appearance. The kind of thing I was expecting from this show.

So Asami's dsd is a bad guy, but he doesn't work for ponytails like I originally suspected.

Interesting how many people from this show firebenders killed. Amon's parents, the brother's parents, Asami's mother are among the victims. You can feel that they are keeping a bit of TLA's theme about how much damage firebenders have done.

I geeked out when Tenzin did his variation of the air scooter. Good to finally really see him in action.

Mechs...didn't see that coming.

Saw Asami going to the heroes side a mile away. Only Zuko takes thay long to betray heroes. Didn't even think about a non-bender joining the crew.

I'm really impressive with how fast the no. of heroes in the group has potentially grown. The brothers have moved on the island and Asami and BA Fong are possibly going to regularly be on missions with them. It would have taken the first series almost 3 seasons for this, not 7 episodes. Bravo.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Rynnec on June 09, 2012, 03:19:13 PMAfter seeing this episode, I have a feeling that I know who Amon is.

Random news reporter guy?  :awesome:

Well, my bad sleeping habits have fucked me over yet again. Do episodes go up on the main site after a period of time? I keep missing them.