Started by Avaitor, July 01, 2011, 08:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

I believe episodes are released on the Nick's online video portal sometime after it airs, I'm not sure when exactly.

Spark Of Spirit

Wow, blood-bending didn't work? This guy must be messed up beyond repair underneath that mask...

Another great episode, and it looks like we're getting a two-parter in a few weeks to wrap the season up. I'm guessing that will be episode 12?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Tarrlok is one good liar that even I believed what he said for a minute. Must have gotten some good evidence from the new chief of police to make it look like that. It was also nice to see an Adult Aang in action, even if it was in a flashback. I'm actually curious to know how many times he took away someone bending.

Still, Amon must have something else to him. After all, Bloodbending did jack shit to him, he just shook it off then disabled Tarrlok like it was nothing.

Spark Of Spirit

I have to give them props for taking a dead ending in the original series (bloodbending) and actually making it relevant in the new one.

So far, this show is pretty impressive.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Yep, considering they touched upon the other advanced forms of bending, I'm surprised at how Bloodbending went from being a very situational ability to being pretty bad ass to the point that it could be used outside of a Full Moon, that only Avatar State Aang was able to be immune to it, and whatever Amon is on that made him immune to it.

Nel_Annette

Maybe some kind of mechanical limbs, so he can still move those? Though I suppose that would just leave open further questions for how he's taking the bending.

My current theory is that he's either the homeless dude from the park in episode 1 or the dude who told them to go to Sato's underground factory. Just a theory for the hell of it.

Spark Of Spirit

I still think it's a possibility that he's related to Aang. But I really don't have any theories on who it could be, Blood-bending would have worked on any of the other characters since it even works on the Avatar.

gunswordfist

About 10 or 15 minutes ago, I finished watching episode 8.

The part where ponytails made Korra sad about bringing up her Airbending training and the whole "New Team Avatar" friendship cheerup part seemed forced.

Damn little girl. Let me guess: Asami becomes jealous of Korra and then joins her father.

I was "UGH!" when Korra went into ponytails office. When will she learn?

I was surprised when he attacked her. Good to see some waterbending vs waterbender action (kind of)

I had a feeling he was a bloodbender. I wouldn't be surprised if he was related to that old lady from the first series, especially after that extremist talk he had with Korra.

Loved that Aang flashback, just like the other two. I love that idea that Aang had a challenge as an (middle aged?) adult. Pretty much the highlight of the episode for me.

I'm having a hard time believe a van can hold the Avatar. They should have just kept Korra unconscious while ponytails mentions that she will never go back to Republic City while she is snoozing.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

OK, so I just finished episode 9 seconds before starting this post.

I had no clue I was caught up. I thought I had like two episodes left, but that's apparently that's the season finale, ironically enough.

So much to say, so much happened and that's something since the characters actually didn't go too many places this episode. I might forget a few things I was going to say but here I go.

Peeing...whoa, didn't think I'd see someone take a piss on this show. Just getting that out of the way.

Nice little adventure the non-Korra heroes went on. I like it when others get the spotlight in shows.

Flashback goodness. That was great. Except how Aang broke out of the bloodbending so quick out the end with the Avatar State. That was kind of cheesy. I wonder where the hell Katara was. I was expecting her to come in and have a bloodbending battle. Hell, even Aang bloodbending back or something. Anyway, good to see 40 something Sokka, Aang and Toph speak. Heh, trusty boomerang. Speaking of Sokka, I thought that might have been the part where he was killed, assuming he survived...

Hmmm...just thinking about this. I guess some kind of genetics lets Tarloc (sp?) bloodbend whenever he wants. I wonder if they were hinting that he couldn't bloodbend on the full moon when they said his father was seen bloodbending every time except on a full moon. Oh and he had a nice framing plan about Korra. Too bad that didn't work out well for him. :>

It was ironic that the Equalists of all people freed Korra.

OK, Amon theory of the week:...theories. I'm willing to bet that he's related to Tenzin's wife. I'm only going by her saying that she wished she had some non-bending kids, which means this is a pretty baseless theory. :D I'm really willing to bet that Amon is powered by some spirit beast that wants to take over the world after Amon (theoretically) takes bending away from most/all benders thus weakening the world. I got that from some anime I can't remember at the moment. Once I think about it, since I seriously doubt some turtle lion is behind this, it must be some other creature that was around "before the time of bending" when whatever the hell was around spirit bending. I'm guessing it wasn't just turtle lions. And whatever this is is in the spirit world, which Korra will visit...theoretically. I've been thinking about this for a few weeks or so, except for all the parts about the turtle lions.

EDIT:
Quote from: Daxdiv on April 23, 2012, 06:29:55 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 23, 2012, 04:49:09 PM
But I do wonder... There's a skill to take away bending from anyone (except most likely the Avatar), but I wonder if there's a skill that does the opposite?

You mean an ability that can restore bending and/or giving someone the power of bending?
The latter sounds like an interesting idea. It would be interesting to see what bending skill one would get depending on their heritage. Hell, reading the comics that bridge the gap between Aang and Korra did show off a married Firebender and Earthbender with a kid, along with Aang and Katara also having at least one Airbender and Waterbender child.
Whoops, forgot to mention something on this. I think Sokka's ex-girlfriend turned goddess will have something to do with restoring bending, if the writers decide to not just let everyone permanently lose their bending.

Spark Of Spirit

Is there a new episode this Saturday? Because this season is 12 episodes long, and we've only seen 9...

I don't think Amon is anyone from the old series. He's way too strong and agile to be someone over 100. I'm just not sure where he comes from.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2012, 07:27:54 PM
Is there a new episode this Saturday? Because this season is 12 episodes long, and we've only seen 9...
Yes.

gunswordfist

The what now?! Weird ass promoting. Why did they advertise the June 23rd finale then? I was actually just speculating that the finale would be 1 hour and 30 minues (3 episodes in one. I believe Sozin's Comet was just like that.

And who the hell though Amon was someone from the first series? :wth:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Daxdiv on May 24, 2012, 01:46:01 PM
I'm curious to know how those people that thought that Asami was an equalist were feeling like after this episode aired. Anyone that thought that was kind of dumb in my book. I never even expected her to be one since that would have been lame. That fight with the mechs was pretty impressive. Still didn't see the dad being an equalist. That I do agree that I liked how Tenzin and Lin trusted Korra's intuition about Mr. Sato having secret intentions.
:burn: HEY!!! I do say she can't be trusted still. More in an Anakin Skywalker way right now.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 11, 2012, 07:49:23 PMAnd who the hell though Amon was someone from the first series? :wth:
People have all kinds of theories. One thing we learned from this episode was that it wasn't any of the main characters (as they were all searching for Korra at the same time), and everyone else was at the pro-bending match when he attacked the last time.

All this means is that Amon is someone we haven't met yet. It's the only way it makes sense.

Rynnec

My theory is that Amon is either Tarrlok's brother, who hates both his father and brother because the way they use their bending. Or Yakon himself. And he learned Energy Bending by making a deal with Koh in exchange for his face (this deal would also make him resistant to Bloodbending).