Started by Avaitor, July 01, 2011, 08:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Good theories! I didn't think about those at all.

I think you're on to something, though. Amon is probably someone who had his bending taken away by Aang and this is his revenge.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Rynnec on June 11, 2012, 08:12:46 PM
My theory is that Amon is either Tarrlok's brother, who hates both his father and brother because the way they use their bending. Or Yakon himself. And he learned Energy Bending by making a deal with Koh in exchange for his face (this deal would also make him resistant to Bloodbending).
I was about to say "But a firebender mess up his face?!" but then again he could be lying. So far I think Amon told nothing but the truth at the rally Mako and Korra attended. I just think that whatever spirit he talked to lied to him.

Koh fits into the theory I gave pretty well, with how long I believe he's been around and all. In fact he's probably the most knowledgable  character in the known Avatar universe, likely even more than that snake owl spirit from the library. Don't know how he compares to the turtle lion though.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2012, 08:17:07 PM
Good theories! I didn't think about those at all.

I think you're on to something, though. Amon is probably someone who had his bending taken away by Aang and this is his revenge.
I have a hard time believing Tarrlok's father took away his own son's bending. I also assume Amon's a bit younger than that. Even though it may be a lie, I might have to look up his rally speech to see if it gives away any kind of timeline.

Dr. Insomniac

I'm starting to believe it'll be like V For Vendetta where Amon dies without us knowing who the hell he was. And by the second season, there'll be tons of people dressed up as Amon to fuck with Korra.

gunswordfist

:D Well someone may take his place if he gets destroyed or whatever.

I'm more than sure that Amon won't be the main villain for season 2. I'm just going off of what happened in TLA but the Avatar staff seems to love switching up main villains. (Zuko/Zhao season 1, Azula season 2, Ozai/Azula season 3) I expect Amon to lose somehow, then someone who was pulling his strings comes up and takes his place.

Spark Of Spirit

Amon probably is a puppet or a distraction, I'm sure. But for who?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Koh sounds like the best theory right now.

I pray it's not one of Aang's other two sons or someone from the previous series that feels like throwing a hissy fit. Hmm, what if Amon is Ozai.  :shit:

gunswordfist

Bunch 'o random thoughts before episode 10 (mostly so I can say "I CALLED IT!!!")
-I still wonder if Ty Lee teaching the Kyoshi warriors chi blockers has any influence on this series events.

-I wonder when they'll talk about how Sokka died.

-Wouldn't be surprised about Korra's trip to the Spirit World (oh it will happen) will focus on her not being able to bend there.

-I hope some kind of terrible event sets back the Avatar world's technology back a few centuries. I'd rather see earth bending trains over motorcycles any day. I wish bending used as transportation was a bigger focus than "We're in the 19th century now." It's getting to close to modern times for me. If they make another series and someone says "The Twitter" then I'm done.

-Where's Zuko's Mom? Will they ever detail what "horrible, treacherous" acts she did to Azulon.

-Will they ever detail Iroh's trip to the Spirit World and how he could see the spirit of Roku's dragon (meaning he's one of the few people who can see spirits)? I wonder if he went to the Spirit World to try and get his son back.

-Did they ever explain how he died? I guess his son got crushed by rocks so Desen's theory on way they usually just say firebenders killed so many due to implication probably holds up here.

-I wonder what happened to the librarian and that spirit snake owl. I actually wonder be surprised if the librarian became some kind of knowledgable spirit. I'm guessing the owl snake died and went back to the Spirit World. He could go back and forth between the living and Spirit world so who knows if he didn't just sit there and died.

-I want to see some more bending animals/monsters. Very underused.

-I wonder what the Sun Warriors are doing, including the master dragons.

-Hopefully Bolin doesn't get the Toph treatment. Ba Fong got seriously ignored in Book 3. I'm not even sure if they even showed her teaching Aang Earthbending anymore, she died get a Zuko side quest like Katara, Sokka and Aang did. I think I was looking forward to that but instead we just got a joke about it. And they never settled what happened with her parents. The end of that in TLA was when she was tricked into thinking that her mother understood her in Ba Sing Se, which was many of the dead ends in that damn season finale. I hope they actually show her parents again in this series...erm uh, anyway, Bolin seems to be just comic relief now. While Mako is attached to both Korra and Asami (and will of course be apart of Asami predictably joining the Equalists.) Bolin is not even a special kind of bender. This is like a recipe for being ignored in the show.

Spark Of Spirit

You also have to remember than Republic City is the only "modern" hub in the Avatar world. The rest of it is pretty much exactly like it was in TLA, just probably a bit more advanced.

But most of the series takes place in the city, so it seems like the whole world is like that.

Rynnec

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 16, 2012, 12:45:03 AM
You also have to remember than Republic City is the only "modern" hub in the Avatar world. The rest of it is pretty much exactly like it was in TLA, just probably a bit more advanced.

But most of the series takes place in the city, so it seems like the whole world is like that.

Was this revealed in supplementary material or something? Because we've only seen one other location so far.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on June 16, 2012, 12:54:16 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 16, 2012, 12:45:03 AM

Was this revealed in supplementary material or something? Because we've only seen one other location so far.
I believe it was during a panel discussion or something. Republic City is a hub where everyone from all over the world gathered together and basically became their own country separated from everything else.

I'd guess that's why everyone is so surprised the first time they arrive there because it's the only place like it in the world.

gunswordfist

Dr. Insomniac

So who else was surprised when Iroh appeared?

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on June 16, 2012, 01:50:43 PM
So who else was surprised when Iroh appeared?
I was more surprised by Dante Basco appearing. :blush:

This episode shows how effective Airbending is against The Equalists. I love how much the style is appreciated. Korra would be so much better with it instead of just using her roughneck style (and 12 year old Aang would kick her ass)

Good to see more of Tenzin fighting. So he can detect shifts in the air?

Jeez, Lin just can't catch any breaks.

Asami is going to be an Equalist next week. So damn obvious.

Rynnec

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 17, 2012, 01:32:20 AM
Asami is going to be an Equalist next week. So damn obvious.

If that happens, I will pin the blame entirely on Mako.