Started by Avaitor, July 01, 2011, 08:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

That was pretty intense. I'm excited to see what the conclusion will bring. I do think this two-parter will be the end of Amon, though.

Quote from: Rynnec on June 17, 2012, 01:43:38 AM
Quote from: gunswordfist on June 17, 2012, 01:32:20 AM
Asami is going to be an Equalist next week. So damn obvious.

If that happens, I will pin the blame entirely on Mako.
She would have to be pretty shallow to change sides over something as silly as that. I don't think Bolin, or Tenzin and his family deserve extinction because her boyfriend is wishy-washy. Not to mention Lin's sacrifice.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

She will do it anyway. And it will go down in history as Legend Of Korra's only flaw and the show's Zuko moment. I'm not even joking.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 17, 2012, 04:10:31 PM
She will do it anyway. And it will go down in history as Legend Of Korra's only flaw and the show's Zuko moment. I'm not even joking.
It's a possibility, but I really hope if anything it turns out to be a red herring similar to how the first confrontation with her father went where she tricks them into letting her infiltrate their plans.

Otherwise that would be lame.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I was thinking about that but seeing more and more episodes makes me think there's no way she's double agent or whatever.

Rynnec

Season finale just aired, and it felt...kinda dissapointing actually, can't pin down why though.

Looks like I was partly right about Amon. But sadly, no Spirits were involved.

How did the Equalists capture Tenzin and his family?

Hiroshi really is a bad father.

Amon's downfall felt pretty weak, to be quite honest. I would've rather he go down from Korra's Avatar State.

Is it me, or did Iroh II not really do much?

Bumi II only appeared for 5-seconds and already he's the best character on the show.  ;D

Talk about a Deus Ex Machina.

Makorra end. :bleh:

Nel_Annette

I loved the incredibly dark boat scene, but yeah, this was alright, though insanely flawed and missing something from making it as good as the first series finales. The final "battle" with Amon was just really underwhelming.

Spark Of Spirit

I liked it, but it did feel a bit rushed. I'm glad there were no cheap twists like the season 2 finale, but I wouldn't quite put it up there with season 1 or 3.

Nonetheless, I really liked it. Amon just being another power hungry bender, the type he supposedly detested, made a lot of sense. He was just like his father, obsessed with it until the end. And to be honest, that was the best way for him to go, while he still held a semblance of humanity in him.

I really liked Korra connecting with Aang properly for the first time, and finally becoming a complete Avatar. It's not a Deus Ex Machina at all if you follow the themes in the series from the first episode. It was the only proper way for Korra to connect with the spirits.

All in all, the first season was pretty great. I'm eager to see what's next.

gunswordfist

Just finished with the season finale. It was kind of all over the place.

That death scene still disturbs me.

I actually thought Amon used plastic surgery on himself and used some on some unwilling civilians that he made look like the Airbenders because of the hankerchiefs they had over their mouths.

I knew he was going to say he was his brother. That would have been too much of a coincidence.

After he stood their for a second, I had a feeling that was Aang.

OK, so what does this season amount to? Amon is apparently dead. No villain was set up (unless it's actually going to be Asami, lol) Seems like this was just all about Korra getting all 4 elements. I wonder if there's going to be a time skip. Seems like the only way they could really do anything.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Rynnec on June 23, 2012, 03:59:46 PM
Season finale just aired, and it felt...kinda dissapointing actually, can't pin down why though.

Looks like I was partly right about Amon. But sadly, no Spirits were involved.

How did the Equalists capture Tenzin and his family?

Hiroshi really is a bad father.

Amon's downfall felt pretty weak, to be quite honest. I would've rather he go down from Korra's Avatar State.

Is it me, or did Iroh II not really do much?

Bumi II only appeared for 5-seconds and already he's the best character on the show.  ;D

Talk about a Deus Ex Machina.

Makorra end. :bleh:
Yeah, that's why I thought Amon had some substitutes or whatever in their place so he could bait Korra.

And yeah, Aang stepping out of nowhere..felt cheap. The hell..

Pharass

All in all I found the finale enjoyable, my favorite part being easily the flashback focusing on Amon's and Tarrlok's childhood. It really made me feel for both of the antagonists, despite them being pretty horrible people. It's interesting to note that in both The Last Airbender and Korra, the two main antagonists are dominated by their respective fathers. Of course, Zuko eventually managed to break free from his father's hold over him. Azula, Amon and Tarrlok were not quite so lucky.

Damn, that scene on the boat was dark.

I'm a bit disappointed that Mako and Korra ended up together, but I suppose it was inevitable. Normally, I consider shipping to be silly and pointless, but I rather liked the Mako/Asami pairing when it was first presented because it broke the mold that the male and female lead of a series has to fall in love simply because they're the male and female lead. Alas, it was not to be.

In the next season I hope we get to see more of Bumi, not to mention Aang and Katara's oldest child (I forgot her name, but she's a waterbender) who we didn't get to see at all.

Finally, I'd like to present Hiroshi Sato with the Gendo Ikari Award for "Outstanding" Parenthood. You've earned it my friend.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

gunswordfist

I was thinking the same thing about how sad the flashback was, how it was the best part, fathers being the influence on their sons's bad actions in both shows and how we got to see the antagonists in a different light.

Anyone have any freaking clue what'll happen next? Maybe some evil spirit snatches up Tarlokk and Amon and has them come back. Hell, I don't know.

Spark Of Spirit

There was really no way for Korra to meet Aang any other way. Because she had hit an all time low in her life both spiritually and physically, her mind was clear and accepting which is what lead her to finally understand how to tap into the spiritual side of herself. There was no other way it was ever going to happen, guys. Any other way would have been nonsensical.

Though I'm not sure what's going to happen next season, though I suppose we could learn where the Equalists spawned from leading us to a whole new issue.

gunswordfist

The whole setup to her meeting Aang seemed to fast and forced to me.

I'm more interested in seeing how bender and non-benders relations are after everything that happened in season 1. I'd especially love to see them play an angle about how much damage Tarlokk did when he rounded and arrested all of those non-benders. I think it would be stupid if all those problems were already solved. They should be like "So what if Korra brought back bending to those benders, what about us?"

gunswordfist

So is Yakone voiced by the guy that does Yugi's voice or Clancy Brown? I still can't put my finger on it.

Still wonder if he killed Sokka.

I was impressed that they showed the episodes week after week. Anyone know when season 2 will be here? Are they still animating it?

Pharass

According to the Avatar wiki, he's voiced by Clancy Brown.

If they have plastic-surgery in the Avatar-world, why didn't Amon simply use that to make it look like his face had been burned, thus lending credibility to his story? Touch of vanity?
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.