Started by Avaitor, July 01, 2011, 08:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

I suspected it was him after watching the flashback video of Yakone on be. It's pretty fucking boss that Avatar has Steve Blum and Clancy Brown play as villains and have their characters be related.

Also, it's funny that adult Tarlokk look like Yakone after Yakone got surgery.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

So apparently the reason for the rushed ending that resolved all angles is the show was supposed to be a mini-series with just one season. Season 2 is supposed to be in 2013.

Daxdiv

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 28, 2012, 05:51:17 PM
So apparently the reason for the rushed ending that resolved all angles is the show was supposed to be a mini-series with just one season. Season 2 is supposed to be in 2013.

I thought that was common knowledge that Legend of Korra was intended to be a 12 episode mini-series. I was actually happy that they decided to give them another season. Hopefully they will do more about the anti-bending movement since Amon didn't start this shit, that shit was already there if Mr. Sato resentment towards FireBenders is anything to go by. I hope with Tarrlok gone, they might add a non-bender to the council, to make it a bit more equal.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, it was only supposed to be 12 but they were renewed for 14 more episodes during production.

The better question is whether there will be more after that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 28, 2012, 06:40:19 PM
Yeah, it was only supposed to be 12 but they were renewed for 14 more episodes during production.

The better question is whether there will be more after that.
I just got from a page where they said they have ideas for beyond season 2.

And as for what I meant, I thought they were going to originally have 2 seasons - it sounds like they first planned for just 12 episodes. IDK, sounds like they may have been waiting for seasons to get greenlit. Like how it sounds like they are waiting for the fans and Nick to determine whether the show goes past 2 seasons.

Nel_Annette

According to their Facebook, they just got 26 more episodes after book 2! Awwww yeah!  :shakeshakeshake:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Nel on July 11, 2012, 09:38:30 PM
According to their Facebook, they just got 26 more episodes after book 2! Awwww yeah!  :shakeshakeshake:
Whoa! That's crazy!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

HOLY SHIT! That is just awesome.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Nel on July 11, 2012, 09:38:30 PM
That's fucking nuts!!!

They said season 2 would be more out of the city, I wonder what season 3 could be like. Any clue if they'll be one season that's 26 episodes or will it be multiple seasons. I'm praying for an around the world adventure like TLA season 1, minus the filler, which I think would be the perfect Avatar Book.

gunswordfist

I love learning from Avatar TLA Extras:

Master Piandao is the son of two Firebending Masters.

Piandao once defeated 100 warriors at the same time.

The Dai Li are Earthbending masters that have been trained since the age of 13.

Katara can turn water into steam.

Iroh, Azula and Ozai are the only 3 lightning benders in the world.

Rumor: Combustion Man was a former Fire Nation soldier who became injured in battle and later on learned who to firebend through his forehead.

Of course a few of those are widely known by fans but some of these tidbits are things I didn't really pay attention to.

gunswordfist

I know I'm late finding this out and even later saying this, but Book 2 of Korra is going to be called Spirit. :o

The Shadow Gentleman

Since Book 2 is going to come either this month or in April, I decided to share some of the info that's out so far.

Quote from: News
Book 2 takes place six months after Book 1: Air
The Book begins with a festival in the Southern Water Tribe
The Southern Water Tribe has been rebuilt just like the Northern One
Each member the group gets polar outfits.
The Southern Air Temple and other ancient Air Temple sites WILL be visited.
Asami has taken over Future Industries, and has a business outfit.
More info on Kya, whose favorite song is "Secret Tunnel". She's a bit of a hippie and has a special bond with Jinora
We will meet Unalaq, Korra's uncle, who is the Chief of the Northern Water Tribe.
We will meet Unalaq's twins, a boy and a girl.
We'll find out more about Korra's family, and about the history of the different tribes.
There's no shortage of spirits this season.
Mako becomes a cop.
Bolin will get a love interest, and has a bizarre love story.
Unlike Mako and Korra, Bolin still plays for the Fire Ferrets' pro-bending team
We will meet Verick, a captain industry residing in the Southern Water Tribe and a friend of Bolin's.

Quote from:  hypable.comA few crumbs of new information about The Legend of Korra season 2 have come out of this past weekend?s Emerald City Comic-Con. Voice actress Grey DeLisle (the memorable voice behind Avatar: The Last Airbender?s Princess Azula) attended Emerald City Comic-Con, and mentioned to a lucky fan that she would be voicing three characters in The Legend of Korra season 2. In addition to her role as the still-mysterious ?Dark Spirit,? DeLisle will provide the voice of ?the younger version of an established character? who was the victim of a traumatic event. (No information was given as to the identity of DeLisle?s third character.)

I'm going to be casually optimistic about this season as I am about most things, but if the writing doesn't seriously improve, I may drop the show all together.

gunswordfist

I feel stupid for not noticing the Zuko statues until I started my 3rd viewing of Korra this week.

Anyway, I was thinking about how Korra is supposed to be a mouthpiece for the audience's ignorance. For example, the first of two instances that made me think this, Korra freaking out about Mako being a former Triad member, is one of them. The other would be how she was surprised that Asami wasn't "girly girly" just because she was beautiful.

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 24, 2013, 04:23:24 PM
Anyway, I was thinking about how Korra is supposed to be a mouthpiece for the audience's ignorance. For example, the first of two instances that made me think this, Korra freaking out about Mako being a former Triad member, is one of them. The other would be how she was surprised that Asami wasn't "girly girly" just because she was beautiful.
The Triads are criminals that she beat up herself. I think that's a pretty normal response.

And with Asami, she apologized for thinking she was just a "prissy girly-girl", which meant she was obviously unworthy of Korra's respect. /sarcasm

gunswordfist

Yesterday, I finished my 3rd playthrough of Korra with my baby brother(2nd time watching it with him), starting with episode 6, "And The Winner Is..." I have so much to say.

I don't sympathize with the Equalists at all. The closest I came to doing that was when Tarlokk arrested all those non-benders...who weren't Equalists. The Equalists come off bullies who are sad that the power isn't on their side.

Right now, my 3 favorite episodes are And The Winner Is, the 2nd to last episode and the one where everyone searches for Korra while she has those great flashbacks. I love 40 year old Aang's voice.

I've been thinking how much Tarlokk is a pleasant surprise in the show. I thought he was going to be some ignorable character in the show but he ended up being one of the most important.

How underused Asami was has become even more apparent to me. She's the team's only driver, she can operate a mech and once I think about it, she's the only team member who has never lost to an Equalist and is probably better than any non-Amon individual in that group, seeing how she quickly defeated the Lieutenant (electric sticks guy) She could have really shined as another strong heroine on the show but they tossed her further and further in the background for Mako and Korra's stupid relationship.

And Bolin is a victim of this too. Except he became "guy who throws rocks here and there" right after the finals. He's still my favorite character but his corny loud interruptions are kind of bad at that point in the show. His quieter ones like when he brought up that Korra could still airbend in the last episode are still funny though.

Korra reminds me a bit of what I don't like about Azula with how she gets what she wants no matter what. The last episode (which is my least favorite due to how rushed it feels) she gets Mako and her bending back by doing pretty much nothing and she powered her way through beating Amon by looking like she was firebending...but with air, completely ignoring everything Tenzin taught her about airbending. I do like Korra though. She's my 3rd favorite character and I'm proud that the Avatar staff showed that a girl can be a strong superhero in the main lead of a big show.

Tenzin is my 2nd favorite now. I like how funny the parts where he gets flustered is. I like how from a mentor point of view, he's like Korra's Uncle Iroh. How they treat his fights are certainly like Iroh's, short but a treat to watch. My favorite Tenzin fights are his first encounter with the mechs, his very very short fight with Amon and the ambush when his buzzing beard saved him, in that order. Watching Tenzin's airbending in the mech fight was almost orgasmic. I like his variation of the Air Scooter (Air Wheel?). Seeing Amon slomo flip dodge one of Mako's fireballs and then Tenzin blow him away with a spin kick was also great. That fight and seeing his kids blow through the Equalists shows how good Airbending is against them. I think kid Aang would easily beat all the Equalist Korra fought.