Started by Avaitor, July 01, 2011, 08:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow Gentleman

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I do have to say that I actually find it kind of refreshing that there's actually at least ONE freaking kid/teenager who's parents aren't dead (the parents almost every character in the entire series) or missing (Zuko's mom) or completely evil (Zuko's dad) or overprotective ass-holes (Toph's parents) or just a plain regular ass-hole (Asami's dad). Seriously, this show should kind of learn to stop relying on that trope quite so much.

Spark Of Spirit

That's a good point. Until you guys brought it up I didn't even realize it but yeah it's kind of overdone.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

The Shadow Gentleman

It is pretty overused. I was actually legitimately surprised to learn Korra actually had normal parents.

gunswordfist

:D
Quote from: ShadowGentleman on June 27, 2013, 09:57:44 PM
It is pretty overused. I was actually legitimately surprised to learn Korra actually had normal parents.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Don't jinx it, guys. I'm already half-expecting to see Korra learn that her parents were tragically killed off-screen by [insert evil bender here] at some point during Book 2's run, just to give her a reason to be miserable.

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 27, 2013, 11:31:29 PM
Don't jinx it, guys. I'm already half-expecting to see Korra learn that her parents were tragically killed off-screen by [insert evil bender here] at some point during Book 2's run, just to give her a reason to be miserable.
Spoiler
[close]

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I don't know if its either funny or sad that somebody came up with that idea way before I did....:whuh:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: ShadowGentleman on June 27, 2013, 11:34:58 PM
Spoiler
[close]
I would have given it a 10/10 if it was the same firebender that killed Jet's parents.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

The Shadow Gentleman

The "firebenders kill everyone's parents" joke predates you even liking this show, young one.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 27, 2013, 11:38:02 PM
Quote from: ShadowGentleman on June 27, 2013, 11:34:58 PM
Spoiler
[close]
I would have given it a 10/10 if it was the same firebender that killed Jet's parents.
How do you know it wasn't.

Nel_Annette

Just this one guy, running around for well over a century involuntarily shooting fire out of his hand and screaming while accidentally burning down anyone who walks in his way.  :lol:

Avaitor

Maybe the Cabbage guy was a fire bender after all.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Nel_Annette on June 28, 2013, 12:53:56 AM
Just this one guy, running around for well over a century involuntarily shooting fire out of his hand and screaming while accidentally burning down anyone who walks in his way.  :lol:
Except the parents of Republic City. They were killed by a waterbender named A. Firebender.  :>

gunswordfist

Don't jinx it, guys. I'm already half-expecting to see Korra learn that her parents were tragically killed off-screen by [insert fire bender here] at some point during Book 2's run, just to give her a reason to be miserable.
*Fixed ;)

gunswordfist

:D The jokes in this thread are killing me.