Started by Avaitor, July 01, 2011, 08:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nel_Annette

Because we're halfway through the season. Them not meeting until the end would be a problem when they've built up him and his crew as these complete badasses and we haven't even gotten to see them face off against the heroes yet. There needs to be an ass-kicking so Korra knows what she's dealing with and I don't want it to be on a cliffhanger.

LumRanmaYasha

I've been enjoying Zaheer and crew slowly tracking down Korra as build-up to the confrontation, myself. As far as I'm concerned they've shown they are badasses plenty already through their actions thus far. In any case, now that Zaheer knows where Korra is, they're likely to be face to face in next week's episodes.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

And it's not like this is the first time that an Avatar doesn't encounter the main villain until the end. I mean, in The Last Airbender, Aang never met face to face with Ozai until literally the second to last episode, and they didn't start fighting until the final episode itself. You don't need to have the hero meet the villain to establish how serious and powerful the villain is (Hunter X Hunter is a series that does this quite a lot, and pretty much proves that point).

gunswordfist

Quote from: Nel_Annette on July 20, 2014, 10:20:57 AM
Because we're halfway through the season. Them not meeting until the end would be a problem when they've built up him and his crew as these complete badasses and we haven't even gotten to see them face off against the heroes yet. There needs to be an ass-kicking so Korra knows what she's dealing with and I don't want it to be on a cliffhanger.
I disagree on two parts. 1. Them continuing to build them up before a fight would not be a problem. 2. Did you forget that they stomped Zuko, Kya, Korra's Dad and cousins? They already have faced heroes. We don't need to see them against Korra personally. We get the point already. They are badasses. I'm more interested in what drives the group right now.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Speaking of Hunter X Hunter, Gon and Killua never even see Mereum in person.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 20, 2014, 02:51:38 PM

Gon did see Meruem. He passed by him, Netero, and Zeno while he was heading to confront Pitou.

gunswordfist

Oh right. The human stenographer would know. :bleh:

LumRanmaYasha

...as opposed to a non-human stenographer?  :D

gunswordfist

I swear some of them seem like machines. :srs:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Cartoon X on July 20, 2014, 02:55:00 PM

Gon did see Meruem. He passed by him, Netero, and Zeno while he was heading to confront Pitou.

To be fair, I think the point was that Gon and Killua never actually "met" with Meruem.

LumRanmaYasha

Maybe, but he said "see," not "met," so I just felt like pointing out that, technically, Gon did see him.  :P

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on July 20, 2014, 03:09:19 PM
Quote from: Cartoon X on July 20, 2014, 02:55:00 PM

To be fair, I think the point was that Gon and Killua never actually "met" with Meruem.
I actually did also mean that they've never even seen him.

LumRanmaYasha

Spark Of Spirit

I've been watching bits of it, and it's definitely an improvement over season 2. I do wonder where it's heading, which is a bit more than I can say for that season.

Quote from: Cartoon X on July 21, 2014, 11:53:50 AM
Konietzko confirms Korra will be ending after it's fourth season.
Gasp and shock.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Cartoon X on July 21, 2014, 11:53:50 AM
Konietzko confirms Korra will be ending after it's fourth season.
Hmm, it sounds like they want it to end in season 4 and it's not because of network pressure. I could be wrong.

If Season 3 continues to be as good as it is (or even better) and season 4 is as good (or better) than I won't be too sad to see it go. The show seems to be reaching its potential.