Happy Ouweleen

Started by Peanutbutter, March 06, 2014, 05:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

Daikun

QuoteSnyder's departure comes in the wake of a new management regime taking the reins at Turner. In January, John Martin was promoted from chief financial officer of Time Warner to chief executive of Turner.

Huh. I guess that happened when no one was looking.

gunswordfist

What does this mean for people who still watch CN?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Silverstar

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 06, 2014, 07:05:21 PM
What does this mean for people who still watch CN?

Too early to say; Snyder's replacement hasn't been named yet. Hopefully this will mean a greater diversity and variety of shows on CN, a Prez who realizes and acknowledges that the preteen boys aren't the only audience that matters, finally some corporate synergy between Turner and Warner Bros., and action cartoons not getting the red-headed stepchild treatment.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Peanutbutter

What I want to know is, like Daikun already mentioned, is that moron Jeff Bewkes gone too? That guy was a leech from that AOL/Time Warner merger. It'd be great if he got replaced by someone who values teamwork.

hobbyfan

Good point, Peanutbutter. Snyder is only part of the problem. Sorcher is another part, and so is the synchronicity challenged Bewkes.

Daikun

Quote from: Peanutbutter on March 06, 2014, 08:49:19 PMWhat I want to know is, like Daikun already mentioned, is that moron Jeff Bewkes gone too? That guy was a leech from that AOL/Time Warner merger. It'd be great if he got replaced by someone who values teamwork.

He's still in charge, unfortunately.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Daikun on March 06, 2014, 09:42:19 PM
Quote from: Peanutbutter on March 06, 2014, 08:49:19 PMWhat I want to know is, like Daikun already mentioned, is that moron Jeff Bewkes gone too? That guy was a leech from that AOL/Time Warner merger. It'd be great if he got replaced by someone who values teamwork.

He's still in charge, unfortunately.

Yeah, I already realized that as the president and CEO are different positions. Still, he could get the boot too if certain things happen.

King Hippo

Cartoon Network and WB Animation need to merge. There's absolutely no reason for them to be separate.

hobbyfan

Not so much merge, but rather work closer together. As long as Bewkes is in charge of the whole shebang at TW, it ain't gonna happen. He's gotta go.

Peanutbutter

I imagine it'll be next month or May when they'll announce Snyder's replacement. He's supposed to be done by the end of March, so I can't see his spot being vacant. I wonder who will replace him though? If it's Mike Lazzo, that would actually be a great idea.

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Just bumping this because I think they still haven't named the gut replacing Snyder, am I correct? How long could it realistically be before they officially name someone?

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Wow, that's surprising a little that it's a young woman. She worked for them before on their home video department, so hopefully that means she'll know exactly what's up with their current lineup. Not sure if this means more CN shows with female leads, but the possibility of it might be increased. I'm interested in seeing what will be different when she settles in.