Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Having this weird crisis where I'm wondering if I've been wasting countless hundreds on books and DVDs that I could've just gotten from the Library or Netflix. It's clawing at me whether that's true or not.

Foggle

It's not a waste if you like them enough to keep 'em.

Avaitor

I only buy books that I can't access at our local libraries and DVDs that I know I'll watch multiple times.

Although I do really want to start a personal book and film library some day when I have the money. I'm kind of starting now with all the Disney Blu releases, and I also just began searching for cheap Criterion around here.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on February 10, 2012, 12:18:06 AM
Having this weird crisis where I'm wondering if I've been wasting countless hundreds on books and DVDs that I could've just gotten from the Library or Netflix. It's clawing at me whether that's true or not.
Anything in life is worth it if you get something out of it on more than a physical level, in my opinion. Even modest enjoyment.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Actually, I've been starting to think that I might have seen too many movies and TV shows and read too many books in my life, and that I'll keep my memories of them over other events in my life.

Or that I'll forget about the really good ones that I've seen or read. And that just scares me.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

If you see too much, it's best to just stop and do something else for a while. In this day and age it's so freaking easy to get burned out on things.

Anyway, the train was fun! It was fast and comfortable, I hope to be able to ride one again some time.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

So if things go well tomorrow, I might actually get to be on a podcast. Been spending the last 10 minutes trying to train my voice so it isn't just a whisper like it is in real life, so hope it works.

Foggle

If you have trouble with that, you can always just boost the input gain on your mic, then it'll still be loud even if you whisper.

We all need to have an AR podcast sometime.

Daxdiv

What would you guys even talk about?

Foggle

Dr. Insomniac

Two of the members are about a second away from ragequitting just because I don't follow them on Twitter. I also got called a "pissant indie snob".

Spark Of Spirit

I'm suddenly glad I have no twitter account. Yeesh.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 11, 2012, 07:28:51 PM
I'm suddenly glad I have no twitter account. Yeesh.
Yeah, tetrisdork needs a chill pill.

As of now, it's been 43 minutes of "preparing" for the Scratchcast.

Daxdiv

You guys and your preparing. It's so cute.

Kiddington

I have never understood the appeal to podcasts.

Really.