Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Wow, why?

I'm reminded of how Ryan's girlfriend in Wilfred hated dogs because her grandpa's pups ate his arms and part of his face off after randomly dying of a heart attack. Even then, I still think it's shitty when someone blames generalizes all creatures based off of the actions of one or two of them.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

If they catch the person I'll be sure to post about it but as it is I can't imagine why.

You'd have to be filled with some ugly kind of hate to do that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

Wow, that's horrible.  There was someone in our neighborhood when I was in high school who was actively trapping and killing cats.  We heard more than a few stories of people around us that had their cats mysteriously disappear.  Luckily we kept our two cats indoors.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

So because financial aid has become such a bitch lately, and I was a little late in filling some stuff out, I've been dropped from classes. We started last week, but I'm not in anything I registered for anymore, and since it'll take up to 2 weeks for my aid to be verified, I can't get back into them.

I have to look into classes during one of the minimesters now, which means either a lot more class time condensed, or online classes. Or both.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Was it just your FAFSA or the Profile on College Board? Because I was late for over a month on the latter due to not knowing, and nothing bad happened as a result for me.

Avaitor

My FASFA. I forgot to get my parent's signature and have some papers signed.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I hope you can work it out, I had a similar problem once, but because it was their screw up (no notification at all), I got all my classes back.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on August 27, 2012, 07:40:44 PM
So because financial aid has become such a bitch lately, and I was a little late in filling some stuff out, I've been dropped from classes. We started last week, but I'm not in anything I registered for anymore, and since it'll take up to 2 weeks for my aid to be verified, I can't get back into them.
Damn, that sucks bro. :( Really hope you can get that shit worked out soon.

Long/online classes aren't so bad, though. Pretty much all of my classes are like that since I'm just going for an Associates, and I already prefer them to the setup at my last university.

Avaitor

I've had a mixed history with online classes. I can handle them, no problem.

Extended classes are a bit more of a problem for me, though. Night classes, at least. I tried one last year, but I had to quit a few weeks in. I can't sit around in a long-ass class like that for too long. I've fared better in my biology class, which wasn't too much shorter than this one, but wasn't as bad, and the professor almost always let us out before the class was meant to end. Even the summer course I took wasn't too bad, since we did a lot and he let us out early fairly often as well. This class though, used every. Single. Minute. Just for notes, taken from the book that we could just due if we read at home. Not my thing.

I'll do what I have to, although I'd rather take this chance to have a semester off and maybe find a job. For my sister's sake and her aid though, I can't do that.

New blog!

Foggle

Oh god, a long ass lecture class would be hell. My condolences. :-X

My 3 hour classes all involve actually doing work and being productive. Really glad I decided to just go for the two year degree; I feel like I'm really doing something useful with my life now. :)

talonmalon333

Sorry to hear that, Avaitor. I came very close to being dropped too (didn't make my payment until the last day, for a few reasons).

Quote from: Foggle on August 27, 2012, 09:24:25 PM
Pretty much all of my classes are like that since I'm just going for an Associates, and I already prefer them to the setup at my last university.

That's good to hear. What made you decide to return to studying?

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 27, 2012, 09:34:20 PM
The need for a job that pays a living wage. And also one that I'd enjoy. ;)

The whole four year thing just wasn't going to work for me from a mental standpoint; taking classes teaching information and skills I'd never need just because it's required. I already feel like I'm not giving back to society, so I'd like to know that my education is really accomplishing something rather than wasting time and money.

Spark Of Spirit

Glad to hear it, Foggle! But don't be too brash with class choice, your tastes and interests could change in strange ways without you knowing and you might appreciate taking one of those classes.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on August 27, 2012, 09:38:02 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 27, 2012, 09:34:20 PM
The need for a job that pays a living wage. And also one that I'd enjoy. ;)

The whole four year thing just wasn't going to work for me from a mental standpoint; taking classes teaching information and skills I'd never need just because it's required. I already feel like I'm not giving back to society, so I'd like to know that my education is really accomplishing something rather than wasting time and money.

Good for you for making that choice instead of just putting up with whatever crap school was going to make you do. :thumbup:

I'm actually taking my classes online, too. The main reason is because my hours will be getting shorter soon. I intend on getting another job soon, in addition to the one that I already have (I honestly love my current job and will keep it no matter what, but I really don't get paid much at all from it). Preferably I'd like to find something animal related, because biology is what I want to go into.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

So I wasn't the only one that received his financial aid late?

It's still not showing up in my bank account, but it was processed and accepted at the very last minute, like literally 2 days before classes began.