Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

I haven't even started it yet, and physics scares me.

Nel_Annette

‎"You can't drink Dasani. That's Chicago river water. Do you know how many dead bodies the mob has dumped into that river? Are you even listening to me; he's not listening to me." - That customer who always smells like pot, talking to me.

I hate customers who feel the need to unload their batshit insanity on me. As a cashier, you are trapped there, and are a slave to every worthless opinion that passes through. I've had to nod and smile at almost every political opinion. I think the only time I have ever disagreed outright with someone was when one old guy was loudly berating Muslims and demanding we ban them from our store.

I can not wait to get back to school...

Foggle

Quote from: Nel on September 06, 2012, 11:10:13 PM
‎"You can't drink Dasani. That's Chicago river water. Do you know how many dead bodies the mob has dumped into that river?
Do you live inside a Quentin Tarantino movie? :lol:

Kiddington

Dasani is my water of choice.

Guess I'm screwed.  :sweat:

Dr. Insomniac

I drink Poland Springs, so I'm just kind of apathetic.

Nel_Annette

Thing is... Dasani is mine too.  :awesome: I've worked there for three years, I know this guys deal by now. He always comes in reeking of pot, talks some crazy shit or bitches about Obama, and leaves. Today he was complaining that all the water in the cold drinks section was shit, and demanded we put Smart Water there. And what's in the cooler right behind him at the register. God damn Smart Water.  :wth:

Dr. Insomniac

Thank God, the white people haven't kidnapped my bed yet.

Now in other news, I'm tired as hell and have a lot of shit to read for homework. I also skipped a class because they don't take attendance and I can just look up the lesson on the textbook. I feel so hood, yet preppy. *puffs from a joint with my pinky out*

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on September 07, 2012, 01:41:16 PM
Thank God, the white people haven't kidnapped my bed yet.
Why would whitey steal your bed? :SHOCK:

Spark Of Spirit

He knows the truth about Keith Warren.

In other news, life is great. Just love living.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Beginning of a fine week. The Texas weather is finally bearable (nice, even!) for the first time since early May. :lol: I'm starting to overcome my writer's block as well; book is finally coming along well I'd say. How's everyone else doing? :joy:

Nel_Annette

I'm currently re-writing the outline for the comic series I want to write. I started the original last year, but I'm re-doing it to iron out all the stupidity, space out events more so that I don't have a dozen plot lines running at once. Problem is I only have the motivation to do this late at night when I should be sleeping. And that I can't draw well at all, but I'll cross that bridge once I script everything out. I want a solid foundation first before I ever draw anything.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on September 11, 2012, 12:30:01 AM
Beginning of a fine week. The Texas weather is finally bearable (nice, even!) for the first time since early May. :lol: I'm starting to overcome my writer's block as well; book is finally coming along well I'd say. How's everyone else doing? :joy:

I'm doing well, glad to hear you are too. The only problem is that I've been stalling on some of my homework for my online classes, and I can't fall into that habit. But other than that, A-okay. Lately I've been forming plans for the future, and because of that, I think I've been starting to just feel better about myself and other things.

Foggle

Sounds like we're in a similar situation talon, right down to the online class procrastination. :lol:

Quote from: Nel on September 11, 2012, 12:50:05 AM
I'm currently re-writing the outline for the comic series I want to write. I started the original last year, but I'm re-doing it to iron out all the stupidity, space out events more so that I don't have a dozen plot lines running at once. Problem is I only have the motivation to do this late at night when I should be sleeping. And that I can't draw well at all, but I'll cross that bridge once I script everything out. I want a solid foundation first before I ever draw anything.
Nice! Post it here when you're done!

Kiddington

Trying not be a downer here (since everyone else is doing so well), but I'm not sure what to make of my life at this point. I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm depressed or unhappy - because I'm not - but there are certain things that are really starting to get to me that I wish I could fix. My unemployment, and lack of money for one. And as most of you know, my lack of female companionship and overall general sense of loneliness being the other. What's so weird about it, though, is the ladder really being compounded just in the last 2-3 months or so, and I honestly have no idea why; being single never bothered me that much before, but now all of sudden I'm just getting really tired of it.

So yeah, I really don't know what to think at this point. I kinda feel like I'm at a crossroads, but to what I don't know. Again, I'm not depressed or anything; I have my health, and I'm always grateful for that. Just... I dunno. I'm not sure where to really go from here, and it's a bit unsettling for me.

Foggle

Sorry to hear about that man. Unemployment is tough; that's why I decided to go straight for that technical writing degree. Will "apparently" make me more employable right away, especially in Austin.

There are a lot of perks to being single, and at this point in time I definitely prefer that, but I can understand how you feel. Have you ever thought about going back to school? Just a few years of community college for an associates degree in something marketable that you'd enjoy. It'll (hopefully) help with the lack of job, and perhaps you'll meet a nice girl there! :joy: