Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow Gentleman

Midterm essays due tomorrow.

Dr. Insomniac

You've still made more progress than I usually do.

The Shadow Gentleman

So as expected, the moment I clicked the "Add Submission" button to turn in my mid terms was the exact moment the submission expired. So I'm probably going to get a zero.

Fuck me with a brick.

Foggle

Goddamn, so sorry to hear that! :( I know where you're coming from; same exact thing's happened to me in the past multiple times (though never with something as major as a midterm). Really sucks.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, if its any consolation, I just had a really shitty academic experience, myself. I just had my seminar presentation today, which I've literally spent weeks preparing for in terms of researching my drug and disease state, and I went though various practice runs of my speech. Unfortunately, I didn't bother to do a test run in the room that I would be presenting in, and as a result I was completely thrown off my rhythm right in the middle of my presentation when I realized that many of my slides didn't properly scale to the window of the projector. This caused me to mess up on my delivery, and everything else that I was being graded on, and as a result I spent about 25 minutes up in front of my audience looking like a complete idiot. The worst thing about failing this shit is that my 2nd attempt is going to be scheduled in the middle of finals week, when I have a shit-ton of other stuff to worry about. Fuck my life. :srs:

Spark Of Spirit

Could you not run it in to the office? Or is this online only?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 12, 2013, 02:49:38 PM
Could you not run it in to the office? Or is this online only?
I emailed him the essay and apologized shortly after I failed to submitted. I think he said he would accept it, but I'm not sure.

Spark Of Spirit

Oh, well here's hoping it works!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

I often ponder on the idea of corporal punishment and how it can be utilized. Obviously, that position gets firmly placed in the negative since many, myself included, often become warped due to the background and unable to have healthy relationships. For instance, I can still reminisce about how shocked I was during the first day of kindergarten when the teacher didn't even attempt to hit me. But then, I remember about hearing about how... accepted it was in certain households to beat your kids in order to make them more disciplined and focus on school work. And the sad thing is, when pushed about it, a lot of kids who get into the Honor Roll or get on the Dean's list will reveal to have been hit at least once by a parent. Often, the topic is very difficult to talk about since corporal punishment is almost always linked to domestic abuse, but I do wish to understand why some people consider this an acceptable way to admonish their loved ones.

Avaitor

I'm super excited to see High on Fire and Exodus, but I still very much regret not going to see Queensryche on Friday. Apparently they pulled on a hell of a show without Geoff and the fan support was unlike anything else.

Being broke sucks.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

My mom is at the hospital and had to go into surgery.  :'( Thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.

Dr. Insomniac

My regards to your mom.

Peanutbutter

Apparently, it was just a vessel that popped in her brain from high blood pressure. My dad and brother just got back and said she looked a lot better and a lot more responsive. She'll still need all the prayers and or thoughts she can get; but at least she's doing better! :thumbup:

Spark Of Spirit

I'm glad to hear that! Don't worry, she'll be in both of mine.  :)