Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Be well, Peanutbutter. You know you've got my prayers with you.

On another note, I just want to say that my aunt had an operation back in November and she just recently learned that her cancer is all gone. So don't lose hope.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

Mom told me an hour ago she spoke to my uncle about my cousin...........and she's out of surgery in recovery! It might be a bit before they get the final test results to make sure it removed everything but at least she's out of surgery. Hopefully, they'll come back all clear.

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers everyone!  :D

Foggle

Silverstar

I hope Peanutbutter's mom is doing OK.

Let's see,where to begin?

Winter's kicking my ass this year. Here in Maryland, we've just gotten another huge snow dump yesterday and today it's just a big fucking mess outside. This season has been alternating between bitter single digit temperature cold and squalls of snowfall. I swear, I don't want to have to deal with winter another year. I'd love to move to the West Coast this year so I won't have to deal with this season anymore, but first I've got to raise the money to go there and figure out what I'm going to do for a living once I get there.

Google Chrome on my laptop's been acting really shitty lately. It keeps slowing down and/or freezing because Shockwave Flash keeps crashing on it. I could take it if this only happened once in a blue moon or even once in a while, but this happens almost every day now. I used to love Chrome, I dropped Firefox for Chrome, but lately it's royally pissing me off. I didn't especially want to drop it since all stuff's on Chrome/Google and until recently I had a Blogger blog (I've since switched to Wordpress and I'm trying to make my site less bloggy) but if Chrome doesn't get its' shit together I'm putting Firefox back.

I need to renew my healthcare coverage this year. I tired to do it on the MD Healthcare website, but I have to create a new account despite my name and information already being on file and then it says that it's unable to verify my identity. It won't let me apply because the email address I have is already exists (yeah, it exists. It's the same one I registered with last year, stupid!) and even if I try to register a new one it only lets me get to a certain point and then tells me that my identity can't be verified. So now I'm going to have to go down to the local Assistance Center and try to get this done in person; I tried over the phone, and they're useless; they can't tell me why my identity can't be verified, and they only do what the computer tells them to do. It makes no fucking sense that I have to apply for an account like I'm a new applicant when I just want to renew my current coverage. They should have a separate page for returning customers that says "I'd like to renew my existing coverage" so I could just click 'YES' and be done with it, but that would be far too easy. Heaven forbid they make it easy and convenient for you.

I really want to start making videos for my site, but first I need to get a video editing software kit, props,costumes, etc., all of which costs money. I've been trying to direct traffic towards it and advertise it left and right, and I want to monetize my site so people will no longer think I'm just dicking around with it.

ToonZone's pissing me off again. A couple of members there have really been fucking with me lately. I'd love to give them the dressing down they so richly deserve but if I misstep even slightly, I'll end up getting suspended and/or banned. The only thing more appalling than the despicable behavior of certain members on TZ is how they're routinely allowed to get away with it. I swear my association with that fucking site is like being in an abusive relationship: everybody thinks I'm crazy for hanging on and I keep hoping things will get better but they never do.

-My problems are admittedly very First World, but they're still grinding my gears.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

LumRanmaYasha

Sounds like you've been pestered with some real annoying stuff lately. I've had to deal with some bothersome stuff lately too, so I can sympathize.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Silverstar on February 22, 2015, 05:24:00 PM

ToonZone's pissing me off again. A couple of members there have really been fucking with me lately. I'd love to give them the dressing down they so richly deserve but if I misstep even slightly, I'll end up getting suspended and/or banned. The only thing more appalling than the despicable behavior of certain members on TZ is how they're routinely allowed to get away with it. I swear my association with that fucking site is like being in an abusive relationship: everybody thinks I'm crazy for hanging on and I keep hoping things will get better but they never do.

-My problems are admittedly very First World, but they're still grinding my gears.

Is one of them Checkerboard? I went to TZ the other day out of curiosity to see what people there thought of the latest episodes of CN's main toons, and I happened upon that thread about CN moving away from 9-14-year-olds where he was basically throwing a giant hissyfit over the action cartoons being gone and Boomerang getting changed.

Silverstar

Quote from: Peanutbutter on February 23, 2015, 08:27:22 PM
Quote from: Silverstar on February 22, 2015, 05:24:00 PM

Is one of them Checkerboard? I went to TZ the other day out of curiosity to see what people there thought of the latest episodes of CN's main toons, and I happened upon that thread about CN moving away from 9-14-year-olds where he was basically throwing a giant hissyfit over the action cartoons being gone and Boomerang getting changed.

Checkerboard's a drama queen, but he's nothing I can't handle. He's just got his nostalgia goggles on so tight that not even Superman can remove them.

No, the main assholes ticking me off on TZ right now are Ducktales Fan and firefoxprime. The former is either legitimately fucking nuts or a VERY devoted troll. His shtick/hangup/emotional problem is that he's a big fan of classic TV (baby boomer era sitcoms in particular), and there's nothing wrong with that, but he keeps yammering on and on about how he thinks there should be a cable channel that runs nothing but old sitcoms including old Nick and Disney Channel shows all on one network and he's fixated on the idea that Cartoon Network/Boomerang should be that channel. All I do is point out the fallacy in his statements, that what he wants to see can never realistically happen since Viacom and Disney don't share their original properties with competing networks and right now all-archive channels are rapidly going the way of the dodo on TV and that his best bet is seeking these shows out on DVD or streaming them legally and that he's not doing anything constructive by trolling the CN/Boomerang boards and saying that all their current shows suck and they need to be taken off the air when a) Turner programs these channels for kids, not baby boomer/Gen X nostalgiatards and b) no one's forcing him to watch anything on these channels, and then he just starts flamebaiting me up the wazoo, trying to instigate a fight with me like I'm the one who took his precious classic TV reruns off the air. I'd love to put that wack-a-doodle in his place, but that would only get me in trouble. I'm guessing he must be the Administrator's brother-in-law or something, 'cause he's been pulling this BS for years now and never gets so much as a slap on the wrist from the mods.

The latter is an asshole (no, scratch that, an ass-HALF, he has to work his way up to ass-whole--that's one of my favorite lines from Cadillac Man) who just sticks his nose into threads to spout his passive-aggressive, slick-ass, fast-food, faux surfer dude self-congratulatory crap opinions, all of which point to the same thing: "The 90's shows were awesome and anybody who doesn't love action cartoons is an evil loser", so naturally he's got a mad-on for me since I was committed the unforgivable crime of mentioning that I prefer comedy over action overall, though I do enjoy some action titles. So now whenever this guy sees a post with my name on it and the words "action cartoons" in it, he has to swoop in and start giving me a hard time, trying to vilify me for my personal tastes. I'm just sick and tired of him derailing every thread just to give me grief about the same thing over and over; the final straw for me when he implied that I was a hypocrite for informing Checkerboard that he was erroneous in stating that the quality of CN has gone downhill just because it's not doing precisely what he wants them to do and that he's simply gotten too old for CN, with "you can't say that because you're even older", which basically translates to "Hur hur, you're old, so nothing you say here matters". (Another TZ asswipe, CyberCubed, tried that same thing with me a month or so ago, but he got an infraction for it.) What's going on with CN and Boomerang isn't about me and I'm not in denial about my age; I was just trying to point out that it's silly for anyone over 21 to bitch and moan and expect a channel aimed at children to cater to their personal whims. firefoxprime isn't my boss and he isn't my father (I'm self-employed, so I don't have issues with the former, and the latter is 50 times the man that this little weasel will ever be) so I shouldn't have to continually backtrack to explain my case to him. The man goes out of his way to be a jerk to everyone else on TZ, and I'm not the only one who's voiced grievances against him. And as with Ducktales Fan, the higher-ups do nothing to reprimand him about it, they just let him slide and continue to be an unrepentant dick. After a while, even I get tired of fighting.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

talonmalon333

My computer is having problems, so my typing might not be great for a while. The keyboard seems to be broken.

talonmalon333

And now I've got a lovely new computer! So I can type things without it taking 10 minutes, and without fearing it would freeze in the process. :D

gunswordfist

I liked it better when you could barely talk to us. :-\
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Happy Easter, animationrevelation!

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Peanutbutter

My brother has had to be in the hospital this past week. He had a bad kidney infection, or at least one somewhere in his system. He gets out tomorrow, but I hate how worn out it's made my mom from having to go back forth to the hospital. At least time she decided to stay and get more rest this morning.

Oh well, today is my birthday!  :awesome: So I'm going to focus on the positive stuff!

Foggle

Sorry to hear about that. :( I'm glad he can go home tomorrow!

Happy birthday as well!