What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Aw, too bad we can't get the original then. Still, slightly inferior Yoshi's Island is better than no Yoshi's Island. :)

talonmalon333

Wasn't DKC already released on Wii U?

Also, I prefer the SNES versions of Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island over the GBA versions.

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 31, 2015, 12:57:39 AM
Wasn't DKC already released on Wii U?
In Japan and Europe, but not North America. It used to be on the NA Wii VC a long time ago, though.

talonmalon333

Foggle

Now that I finally have a video card that won't burn my house down, I've decided to go back and finish Wolfenstein: The New Order. I restarted from the beginning, though, since it's been nearly 8 months since I last played.

This game is amazing. Absolutely wonderful gameplay, pacing, and storytelling. It's filled with creative ideas, and is basically a third Chronicles of Riddick title in terms of structure - one with vastly improved shooting mechanics, to boot. Seriously, TNO probably has the most satisfying guns in any FPS aside from the original F.E.A.R. And you can dual-wield all of them. Yes, even the automatic shotgun. Yes, even the sniper rifle. It's glorious.

Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 31, 2015, 01:17:06 AM
I still don't know why they took them off VC.
There are a fair number of games that were removed from the VC for unknown reasons. Hell, in the case of Super Turrican 2, not even Nintendo knows why it was removed!

Spark Of Spirit

Been replaying the Code Name STEAM demo. Overstrike and Lion Launcher are probably THE most invaluable tools. I got through one map only getting hit twice by getting the drop on alien scum.

This game is going to be great if it's anything like the demo.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I should check that out.

Finally beat New Order. What a final level! Probably the best FPS campaign overall in half a decade (though Shadow Warrior comes close). Highly recommended for fans of the series or genre. :thumbup:

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 03, 2015, 10:12:09 AM
did the doom 4 team make new order?
It's by a new company called MachineGames, which is made up mostly of staff from Starbreeze Studios, who developed The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay and The Darkness.

gunswordfist

oh, i know starbreeze very well. now i want to play this game now.

talonmalon333

When did the rating in games turn from white to black?

For example, look at the "E" rating in this OoT cartridge.

For this cartridge, however, it's black, which is how games are in general now.

Commode

Not sure, but note that the second cartridge is a reissue, it's a Player's Choice.  Which means it probably came out in 2000-2001.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

ESRB went through some changes in the late 90s. I'm pretty sure that is circa-2000 around the time of Perfect Dark.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 04, 2015, 03:58:37 PM
did perfect dark have something to do with it?
No, it was just one of the first games I remember having it.