31 Days of Christmas

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 01, 2014, 08:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

I've never seen Casablanca or Pulp Fiction either. I wasn't much of a movie watcher as a kid (and am still not that much of one), so I have not seen A LOT of movies I really should.  :sweat:

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 03, 2014, 08:51:09 PM
A classic. It almost seems like more people have seen the special than read the book.
I loved both as a kid. :)

Also, Die Hard is amazing (of course), and Woodland Critter Christmas might actually be my favorite South Park episode period.

Quote from: Cartoon X on December 03, 2014, 09:23:48 PM
I've never seen Casablanca or Pulp Fiction either. I wasn't much of a movie watcher as a kid (and am still not that much of one), so I have not seen A LOT of movies I really should.  :sweat:
Definitely at least watch Casablanca!

talonmalon333

Casablanca is one of those movies that's required to be viewed by all. Otherwise you're just wrong.

gunswordfist

I've never seen Casablanca as well.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on December 03, 2014, 07:30:38 PMI still don't know what wahoo porridge is.

It's porridge that's made of wahoo. :>

Anyway, I love The Grinch and Dr. Seuss in general. Also, even though it's not as good as the special or book, I do kinda like the Jim Carrey movie.

Avaitor

Yeah, Casablanca and Pulp Fiction are essential viewing for practically everyone. I'd say more than Citizen Kane or The Godfather, tbh.

Add Singin' in the Rain along with those, as well.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

i have never seen singin in the rain or citizen kane.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

DAY 4:

Just like with our Die Hard logic, it takes place on Christmas, so it counts. I haven't seen this movie in ages, and I aim to change that soon, but it's just such a unique and fresh movie. It's so much fun and is just edgy enough with its content to be really close to stepping over the family-friendly line, but I think that it's appropriately mischievous and even somewhat sinister for kids, while having plenty of great elements for adults to enjoy as well. It's just a really fun concept executed perfectly in this movie.

Avaitor

It's an awesome movie for sure, definitely containing some of Dante's best vision. I haven't seen the sequel, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

The sequel is a parody of the first movie with some good LT nods. A lot of people don't like it, but I do.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

DAY 5:

It's been ages since Ive last seen this one as well, but I remember loving it as a kid.

Avaitor

I put this one on earlier this year, in anticipation of Muppets Most Wanted. It's a great adaptation of the Dickens story, as it keeps respectful to both his fans, with a fantastic performance by Michael Caine, and Muppet fans, with excellent jokes throughout. Talk about best of both worlds.

Being the first big Muppet production done after Jim Henson died, this was a massive success.

New blog!

Daikun

I watched The Muppet Christmas Carol so many times on VHS as a kid. This is one of my three favorite adaptations of the timeless story. (I won't mention the other two unless they make this list. We'll see...)

Oh, and I'm a bit late on Gremlins. I liked both of the films; they're really great.

Spark Of Spirit

I reread this story every year, but this is one of my favorite adaptions of the story and one of my favorite Muppet movies in the process.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

DAY 6:

Disney Channel:

Goof Troop- Goof Troop Christmas

The Weekenders- Worst Holiday Ever

I've definitely seen both of these, but this is yet another case where my memory fails me. I need to re-watch both shows in general, but for no, I'm good with re-watching these specials today for the sake of nostalgia.