Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law

Started by Spark Of Spirit, July 02, 2011, 06:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Just finished re-watching this show a few days ago. The last episode is by far the best one.

Spark Of Spirit

Did you play the game? Other than the lack of Stephen Colbert, they're pretty funny and worthy of the show.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Desensitized on July 02, 2011, 06:41:56 PM
Did you play the game? Other than the lack of Stephen Colbert, they're pretty funny and worthy of the show.
I did! The gameplay sucked, but it was hilarious all the way through. Also, Crispin Freeman was surprisingly spot on as Reducto. Shows that the guy actually does have range, he just rarely uses it.

Spark Of Spirit

It was basically a simplified Ace Attorney (What's with the Guile cameo but no Phoenix!?), but the extra case are almost like extra episodes to me, such a shame that it didn't last longer. But hell, at least it never fell off a cliff in quality.

Avaitor

I still think Judy was a poor addition to the show, but even then, it had a great run.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Phil was really the heart of it all.

Judy I could have gone either way on, but her being there lead to a bigger variety of ideas, so it's fine with me.

Avaitor

Holy shit, a new special!!!!

I'm very surprised to have Colbert return. The last I heard, he wanted nothing to do with [as] anymore. But it wouldn't be worth it without him.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

:huh:

Nice! This was one of my favorite shows from the early Adult Swim years. It'll be awesome to see him make a comeback.

Daikun

LumRanmaYasha

Forgot the special is airing in literally 10 days. Been rewatching the original show recently, and it still gives me a ton of belly laughs. That preview was hilarious, and the premise of the special is a comedic goldmine, so I'm really looking forward to it!

LumRanmaYasha

So, what did you guys think of the special?

I thought it was a lot of fun. It felt like a classic Harvey Birdman ep, with some sharp and hilarious humor, Phil and Peter Potamus being the highlights per usual but also getting some good nuggets from all the cast, particularly Reducto's song, Mentok's role in the conspiracy, and X just being X. I also thought the mystery around how Phil got elected president was a fun satire on the role corporate and private interests play in politics as well as just providing a good excuse to involve as many of the characters from the show as possible in creative ways. Just an overall good time, and I'm always glad to watch more Harvey Birdman whenever [adult swim] wants to make more specials like these.

Daikun

This special reminded me of why I loved Harvey Birdman. It's like the show hadn't missed a beat. It's just as good as the show that started 17 years ago.

Daikun