What was the worst Cartoon Network original?

Started by Eddy, August 15, 2012, 12:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverstar

Eh, there are some things about Gumball that I like and some things I don't like. Some of the individual gags can be pretty funny, but several of the stories and characters I either don't particularly care for or feel could be done better (though the mom on the show, Nicole, is awesome). Also, I don't like how everyone and everything in Elmore has to be some kind of anthropomorphic animal, living food product or weird thingamabob; it works for some of them like Bobert, Carrie and Tina, since they only work as a robot, ghost and T-Rex respectively, but a lot of them could easily be people and it wouldn't change the tone of the show at all. I'm just not big on shows with all anthro casts. (FTR, I saw "The Sweaters". It was funny, but I wish there could be more cartoon humans walking around regularly; I find the wall-to-wall thingies a little off-putting at times.) I wish so many of the episodes didn't take place at Gumball's school, though again I'm just not crazy about school-centric shows and stories. I'm also not wild about the live-action backgrounds, but I can deal with those.

Now Adventure Time and Steven Universe are the shows I can't get into. Regular Show, on the other hand, is awesome.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

LumRanmaYasha

I like most of the shows on CN right now, myself. The only one that I consistently enjoy is Regular Show, though. Gumball is more hit and miss for me but, I think Beware the Batman and Ben 10: Omniverse are pretty good but all the same haven't watched them in a while, and Adventure Time, Teen Titans Go!, and Steven Universe bore me most of the time, though AT has in the past produced some episodes I'm quite fond of.

I don't see how any of them could be considered bad shows, and they are FAR from Cartoon Network's worst.

Nel_Annette

I find the visual style of Gumball very appealing. It's just that the writing is never up there. Most jokes are more miss than hit, and even then I can never tell if they were trying too hard to push a joke through or not trying hard enough.

It does have a few great moments though, like the edited comic book the giant had.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Goldstar

Steven Universe is one the most overrated shows on TV currently. It's not bad, mind you, but I honestly don't understand why this show is so loved and why SU's fans treat this show like it's a gift from the gods. SU is a just OK series that people insist has a ton of potential. If anyone remembers or has seen the Duckman episode titled "Joking the Chicken" in which there was a comedian who King Chicken made to drink a formula which made everyone in the world love the comic except for Duckman, that's how I feel about Steven Universe.

As for worst Cartoon Network animated series, I guess for me that it would be a toss-up between Squirrel Boy and Hi-Hi Puffy Ami Yumi.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

LumRanmaYasha

Heh, HHPAY is just one of those shows I have too much nostalgia for to ever hate. The worst CN original for mes either The Annoying Orange or Out of Jimmy's Head. Most of CN's other misses like Gym Partner and Squirrel Boy are just mediocre or boring, but I found AO and OoJH atrociously unfunny. I'm glad AO is finally off the air now.

Dr. Insomniac

Can we just say that the worst original is Out of Jimmy's Head and be done with it?

Also, I've found Gumball to be decent.

Avaitor

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on December 20, 2013, 05:36:59 AM
Can we just say that the worst original is Out of Jimmy's Head and be done with it?
I'm okay with this.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/