Sonic Boom

Started by Daikun, October 03, 2013, 01:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

It's pretty much Sega's version of Princess Peach/Toadstool thing, where Eggman was what he was called in Japan and Robotnik was what he was called elsewhere.

LumRanmaYasha

Looks like a lot of fun! I'll definitely check out the show when it airs.

Daikun

Quote from: Peanutbutter on February 06, 2014, 04:22:45 PMWhy was Robotnik renamed Eggman again?  ???

Because Eggman is a stupid name for a villain and Robotnik sounds more threatening.

LumRanmaYasha

Robotnik is no less of a goofy name, imo. I think it fits the character better more, though, but in a comedy-focused Sonic show I can see why they'd use the marginally sillier Eggman name instead.

gunswordfist

I don't mind Knuckles' look at all. I'm not a fan of Sonic's voice and that humor didn't stick out at all (Egghead?)

Edit: didn't know her name was also Princess Toadstool. Shows how little I've been paying attention to Mario.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rynnec

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 06, 2014, 04:42:54 PM
Looks potentially good. The game does, too.

Quote from: Peanutbutter on February 06, 2014, 04:22:45 PM
Why was Robotnik renamed Eggman again?  ???
His official full name is Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik since Sonic Adventure. They merged both the Japanese and American stuff into one by then and everyone just went with his nickname. I still call him Robotnik, though. No reason except that it rolls off the tongue easier.

Oh yeah, I forgot it was his Japanese name. Like with Bowser and King Koopa.

Spark Of Spirit

Yep, now Bowser simply has the title "king of koopas" instead of making it his name.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

Really wish they'd give his name the Eggman treatment because "King Bowser Koopa" has a great ring to it.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 06, 2014, 07:19:26 PM
Yep, now Bowser simply has the title "king of koopas" instead of making it his name.
I had that question in the back of my mind since I last came to this thread. thanks (I think I asked that before and forgot lol)
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

The Knuckles design is going to take some getting used to, but it does seem appropriate. Can't say I have any problems with the others, either.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Nel_Annette

Errr... I don't mind an episodic series, but at least have a continuity going.  :unimpressed:

Daikun

Quote from: Nel_Annette on February 24, 2014, 06:07:33 PMErrr... I don't mind an episodic series, but at least have a continuity going.  :unimpressed:

Why? Continuity isn't exactly a requirement for cartoons. Why does everyone expect it nowadays?

Daikun