Is Cartoon Network better now than it was 2004-2006?

Started by Zelek, June 02, 2014, 12:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Quote from: Nameless on June 03, 2014, 05:18:19 AMHow much work does Top Draw do on FIM? I know they share the work with DHX...

Their website has listings.

Quote2010
Layout & Background: 28 x 22 min
Animation: 14 x 22 min

Layout & Background: 24 x 1/2 hr
Animation: 23 x 1/2 hr

Layout & Background: 16 x 1/2 hr
Animation: 13 x 1/2 hr

Layout & Background: 26 x 22 min
Animation: 22 x 22 min

LumRanmaYasha

Meh, I didn't like the designs at first, but after watching the show a fair bit I found 6teen was pretty well-written and funny and I still think so. The only season of TDI I particularly care for is World Tour, but I don't think the rest are bad either.

Avaitor

I still like the first couple of Total Drama seasons, myself. I also thought that 6teen was okay, but I don't think that I'd ever seek it out again.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Daikun on June 03, 2014, 05:11:05 AM
Lauren Faust actually had to beg the production company to make the upgrade to Adobe, and it paid off big time.
They... they seriously used old Macromedia versions of Flash before MLP? :whuh:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Daikun on June 03, 2014, 05:11:05 AM
Quote from: gunswordfist on June 03, 2014, 01:19:13 AMI don't see anything wrong with 6teen or Total Drama Island.

Fugly, poorly animated dreck. The epitome of everything wrong with Canadian animation.

Most of the time, they don't even know how to use Flash properly. They abuse the hell out of the tween tool instead of learning to animate properly, severely handicapping themselves. They also used Macromedia Flash instead of Adobe Flash, which was on the market before those shows premiered. They really had no excuse to use outdated, shitty versions of their program other than being cheap.

The first Canadian animated show to use Flash properly (to my knowledge, at least) was MLP:FiM. That's why it looked so much better than the garbage that came out before it--Lauren Faust actually had to beg the production company to make the upgrade to Adobe, and it paid off big time.
>:(
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

Quote from: Foggle on June 03, 2014, 03:29:44 PMThey... they seriously used old Macromedia versions of Flash before MLP? :whuh:

I know. Surprising, huh?

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 03, 2014, 03:53:52 PM >:(

???

toonyboy12

yeah it is but to be hounestly other than steven universe(in my eyes the best show CN has had in a long time next to sym bionic titan) i dont care for most of CNs new stuff (i dont mind adventure time or regular show in small doses but it isnt something id watch constantly

maybe im just not a fan of CNs more surreal comedy shows nowerdays and the action shows are mediocre at best

gunswordfist

Daikun, this is you then: And this is you now:   >:(

Quote from: toonyboy12 on June 05, 2014, 06:06:22 PM
yeah it is but to be hounestly other than steven universe(in my eyes the best show CN has had in a long time next to sym bionic titan) i dont care for most of CNs new stuff (i dont mind adventure time or regular show in small doses but it isnt something id watch constantly

maybe im just not a fan of CNs more surreal comedy shows nowerdays and the action shows are mediocre at best
Ah sweet, another Sym-Bionic Titan fan. These days I think I only like Regular Show. I haven't gotten into Space Dandy and I doubt this season of The Boondocks will hold my interest.

LumRanmaYasha

I like pretty much every original series on CN right now aside from Uncle Grandpa. Of the lot, I'd say Clarence is shaping up to be my favorite and I'm looking forward to seeing it grow as a show as it goes on. I also think AT and RG have lifted themselves from their slumps and are in creative highs right now, and they've put out some of the best episodes they've ever done in these last few months. I think CN's doing pretty good for itself.

Daikun

gunswordfist

A little bit. :D

What's Clarence? Ugh, just lost my cable a day or two ago so I can't check it out myself.

LumRanmaYasha

Clarence is CN's newest show. It's a very down to earth, slice of life kind of series that I think really manages to capture childhood and being a kid quite well with some witty humor and a nice relaxed tone. I find it very refreshing to see a show like this, done so well, when most modern kids cartoons are mainly fantasies or have some supernatural bent to them and focus on weird, surreal humor, gross-out humor, or "bro-humor."

toonyboy12

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 05, 2014, 06:59:12 PM
Daikun, this is you then: And this is you now:   >:(

Quote from: toonyboy12 on June 05, 2014, 06:06:22 PM

Ah sweet, another Sym-Bionic Titan fan. These days I think I only like Regular Show. I haven't gotten into Space Dandy and I doubt this season of The Boondocks will hold my interest.

well i havnent seen it to be fair but from what ive heard holy s**** it looks fantastic i might have to check it out sometime ^^

gunswordfist

Thanks, CX. CN having a non-fantasy/scifi, etc. toon is surprising.

toony, you mean Space Dandy?