Over the Garden Wall

Started by Daikun, July 28, 2014, 01:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

CN has a new series premiering in the Fall, and an exclusive behind-the-scenes clip has been uploaded to Wikia.

QuoteOver the Garden Wall revolves around two brothers, Wirt and Gregory, who find themselves lost in a mysterious land and try to find their way home. They are aided by a wise old woodsman and a bluebird named Beatrice.

From what I've seen, it looks beautiful. Be sure to check out the clip!

The Shadow Gentleman

That actually looks pretty cool. I'll have to try and catch it when it comes on.

Daikun

LumRanmaYasha

"5 Night Mystery Adventure"? Hmm. Wonder if that means they are going to air two eps per weekday in a single week, or if that just means they are airing two episodes weekly for five weeks. If the former is the case, then I have a feeling that this'll perhaps end up a one-season wonder. That would be a shame, since it looks like a real breath of fresh air. I guess we'll get a definite answer on how they're airing it once we get closer to the premiere date.

Daikun

According to the uploader's comments on YouTube:

Quoteit's 10 episodes. 11 minutes each. two episodes per night. for 5 nights.

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah, I saw that before. It doesn't explain anything I didn't already know, and the term "nights" is vague and doesn't differentiate whether they mean they are airing this all in a single week or spread across five.  :P

EDIT: Looking up more about this, it seems that this is intended to be a mini-series. If that's the case, then I'm betting this will be aired across five weeknights in a single week after all.

Avaitor

Hmm, alright. The show looks pretty decent, and I'm down for a western animated miniseries, so I'll try to keep an eye out.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

hobbyfan

Looks interesting, having seen a commercial the other day. Also looks as though I'll miss 1 of the 5 nights due to commitments, but then it'll be On Demand, in all prob, so I can catch up real quick.

Daikun

Avaitor

Wow, the first 2 episodes are really good! I'll have to watch the rest later, since I'll be busy the next few days around the time it airs.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

That ending was dreamy. Makes me want more.

Avaitor

There doesn't seem to be plans for a sequel series, but there will be a prequel comic series from Kaboom.

Holy shit, I loved this, though. This is pretty much what I wanted from Adventure Time, but it never could have been.

New blog!

Daxdiv

This was a great little special. All the work put into this was well worth the wait. Such a beautifully crafted story. Can't really imagine where they can go from this.

Lord Dalek

So I marathoned all of this. I'm glad I did.