Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Started by LumRanmaYasha, April 08, 2015, 12:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Making this topic because I recently found out that an unfinished version of the infamously never-aired episode, "Boston," was leaked to youtube in January.

Pretty solid ep, actually. Shame they canned it and will never air it or release it on a legal format ever.

gunswordfist

I'm scared to watch that.

I'll check it out later, thanks! ;D This used to be my favorite adult swim original...10 years ago. It was stupid fun. But then it became like Fairly Oddparents..a show that I didn't know was still on the air until someone pointed it out..this time, a handpuppet. I thought they were just showing reruns from years ago.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

Was pretty enjoyable for the most part. I was wondering when the similarities to the Boston Bomb Scare would kick in & those parts did make me laugh.

Daikun

Final season announced.

I wonder if it'll be for real this time. The last time was a false alarm.

gunswordfist

Of course this show would troll like that...

Daikun

JDM announces its final season.

Granted, the source is still Adult Swim (you never know with those guys), but JDM is one of the more trustworthy staff members, so... :??:

Daikun

Daikun

The finale airs tonight at midnight.

gunswordfist

Nice!....I don't even have network television...

LumRanmaYasha

Man, I can't believe it's actually happening. The series has brought me some good times over the years, even though the later season took a downturn. But this season has honestly been really good, one it's best in a while, so I'm hoping the series'll go off on a high note.

gunswordfist

..... :whuh: Of course you'd like modern ATHF... :awesome: No seriously, has it been actually good? It seemed like adult swim's FOP the last few times I peeked at the show.

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah, I honestly think this season's been it's best since Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1. I guess your mileage will vary depending on how much you liked that season, but I personally consider that the third best season in the series (after seasons 1 & 2).

gunswordfist

The show easily pleased me while doing pretty much nothing special during the first few season so maybe I'd like it.

LumRanmaYasha

That was a surprisingly bittersweet finale. It wasn't among the funniest the show has ever done, but it actually conveyed some pathos in it's last moments, which stands out in a series mostly known for callous, surreal stoner comedy. The series has had it's ups and downs, but at least it ended on a good note.

It's weird to think that the longest-running [as] original, a part of the block since it's first lineup, has finally ended it's run after all this time.

Nel_Annette

I saw the premier when I was twelve and here I am seeing it end at 26. It was a nice little finale. Fun that they finally called attention to Frylock's jewel and how they all had one. The ending was a bit poignant with Meatwad growing older and having a family, but that in itself is still surreal enough to be funny in its own right, and I've seen them die so many times on this show that Frylock and Shake biting it didn't really mean anything to me.

(Honestly, every time they had announced new episodes of this show since the first name change, I've been surprised that it was still going. I kept thinking it got canceled. Over and over again.)