Megas XLR

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, June 29, 2011, 07:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I've only seen 2 eps, and I actually kind of liked one of them, the one where Jor-El talked to Ma Kent. But from what I've read about the rest of the series, it gets insane before long, in the bad way.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

I tried to watch it, and none of it made any sense. It was like the 6th season of Buffy all over again.

gunswordfist

Back on topic. I am guessing this show has no DVD
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Sketch

All it ever got in regard to a legal DVD release is a one episode DVD that was packed into a Cartoon Network Action Pack comic from DC Comics around the time the show premiered.

On the bright side, it is on iTunes and I believe Zune as well.

Rynnec

Goldstar

Megas XLR on Toonami would be good, but I can't say that I have any faith in Cartoon Network being swayed by a bunch of emails from fans. If George Krstic could actually make that happen, I'd have a reason to watch Toonami again. But I'd settle for Megas getting a DVD release or to get a run on Boomerang.

I did buy the 1st season of Megas from iTunes, but I'd still like to have a complete DVD set of the show.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

gunswordfist

Wait, is he ng about making a new season?

Goldstar

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 31, 2012, 08:17:37 AM
Wait, is he ng about making a new season?

Mr. Krstic didn't specify. He just said that he was "in talks to bring it (Megas) back". I don't know if that means a new season of 1st run episodes or reruns on Toonami. if it's the latter, I just hope that the episodes aren't shown after 1 AM. I'd like to see Megas XLR on TV again, but staying up past the wee hours to see it isn't an option for me.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

gunswordfist

What made me think he might have been talking about doing another season is the Kickstarter talk. I don't think Kickstarter raises money for show renewals. I may be wrong though.

The Shadow Gentleman

Gonna commit thread necromancy here, but Happy 10th Anniversary.

LumRanmaYasha

That vid makes me feel that, if done right, a live-action Megas movie would be pretty awesome.

But yes, I too wish a happy 10th to this great show. I might celebrate later by watching some eps later.

Avaitor

A while ago, I got this little CN comic book set (too meager to call a graphic novel) for free. It's made out of celloid lifts from some episodes of their shows (Samurai Jack, Billy & Mandy, KND, and Megas), and has a bonus DVD of the "Lowbrow" pilot.

It's a nice little thing to have.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

gunswordfist

It can't believe it's almost been that long.