Recent posts

Nickelodeon / Re: How is Nick Doing?
Last post by Dr. Insomniac - Today at 02:45:58 AM
Yeah, I was also surprised they can't get an interview but this channel can. Maybe the latter have better contacts?
Last post by Avaitor - May 02, 2024, 10:59:07 AM
So podcasts are able to get a hold of her. Do you think Greg ever will, or is he going to be blackballed for any varying reason?

Considering his current situation as shared on Twitter, I don't think he's in a place to do an interview this intensive, though.
Last post by Dr. Insomniac - May 01, 2024, 10:04:38 PM
Found an interview with Geraldine Laybourne that came out today, in case you want to hear her talk about the production side of 90s Nickelodeon.

Vidja Games / Re: What Are You Currently Pla...
Last post by Dr. Ensatsu-ken - April 30, 2024, 07:08:58 PM
Dragon's Dogma 2- I've experimented with each vocation that I've unlocked so far. I always prefer melee combat so I leave the Archer, Mage, and Sorcerer sub-classes to my Pawns. Fighter is OK but feels a bit too basic, and Warrior is powerful but attacks are too slow for my liking. Thief is easily the best and most fun to use starting class, so that's what I used for quite a while, but Mystic Spearhand is easily the best class that I've unlocked so far. It has great mobility and attack options, and feels more unique than the other basic RPG classes.

Stellar Blade- I've only played the opening mission so far, so not much to go on. I am always down for a more traditional action game, but admittedly I'm a bit less eager about parry mechanics as I used to be since freaking everyone does it these days, and so few do it as well as games like DMC and MGR did it. This game seems to be heavy on parries, but at the same time I'm not judging until I've played significantly more of it to see if the combat stacks up to the greats of the genre.
Cartoon Network / Re: Toonami
Last post by Daikun - April 30, 2024, 06:22:03 PM
My Adventures with Superman season 2 is premiering on Toonami on May 25.

Warner Bros. / Re: DC Direct To Video Animate...
Last post by Dr. Insomniac - April 29, 2024, 02:45:07 AM
I don't keep up with those Tomorrowverse movies because I haven't liked the few I watched and haven't heard any good word of mouth about the rest, but I watched the latest one because I heard Friedle was playing Terry in it. And shame on me, because not only does he have 4 lines at most, but the padding in this was awful. The dialogue's almost at 0.5x speed while plot points are endlessly restated. 90 minutes feel like 3 hours. There's a point where a bunch of shadow demons appear, and even though the League analyze their biology and find out killing them won't actually do anything of importance, we still get a third of the movie that's just fight scenes against them in barren cities.

Had a thought recently that if the DC Animated movie is gonna keep going no matter what, why don't they actually do anything cool with it? Like use it to make animated adaptations of unproduced DC scripts such as Aronofsky's Batman, George Miller's Justice League, or Del Toro's Justice League Dark. Why are we getting 3 bloated Crisis on Infinite Earths movies instead?
Vidja Games / Re: Hunter x Hunter Nin Impact
Last post by Mustang - April 27, 2024, 07:21:26 PM

THANK YOU JUSTIN! My apprehension towards the game was answered with watching this video (And then the Japanese players. I love them but there's a reason why USA is on top when it comes to Mahvel). The movement was weird and apparently the framerate was throwing me off in the first video. To see Justin actually wave dash clears up a lot because this was also missing in DNF Duel and it made the game feel overall slow. Watching this video from Justin gives me hope. I'll definitely post his video with the dev's when post it.

The only other thing that I'm worried about is the roster size. For a 3v3 fighter, 16 characters is way too small. Even when DBFz came with it's 20+ characters at launch, I thought that was too small. People were bitching about variety. Even in UMvC3, people still complain about variety. Every team is going to be the same. For me this should've been a 2v2. It gives more room to experiment. Other than that I'm definitely more hopeful now.
Disney / Pixar / Re: Darkwing Duck
Last post by Daxdiv - April 27, 2024, 01:40:24 PM
Pretty sure this is the version that was supposed to be a spin-off of Ducktales 2017 and that the Seth Rogan one is gonna be vastly different. Seeing as the doc has a proposal from 3 names of people that worked on DT17