Greatest Villain Tournament

Started by Pharass, January 27, 2011, 10:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Heh heh I always thought Guou had an Aunt May do.

Anyway, I can't vote this round and I'm pissed at EK for failing to save Vincent. You better not let Alonzo lose.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Pharass

The Results:

Wicked Witch of the West= 11pts
Eneru= 16pts
Horius Parry= 11pts
Gordon Gekko= 12 pts
Biff Tannen= 9pts

Eneru and Gordon Gekko move on to Round 2.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Pharass

Round 1, Match 4:

Max Cady (Cape Fear)

Vs.

Claudandus (Felidae)

I decided to hide Claudandus' picture, so as not to spoiler his identity for those who haven't seen the movie. Never say I didn't warn you.

Spoiler
[close]

Vs.

Haman Karn (Zeta Gundam/ZZ Gundam

Vs.

Shodan (System Shock

Vs.

Scar (Fullmetal Alchemist)

-------

1. Shodan: One of the most memorable game-villains of all time.
2. Claudandus
3. Haman Karn: Not only one of the best "Gundam" villains, but possibly the best female "Gundam" character as well.
4. Scar: A great example of the tragic villain whose thirst for vengeance leads him to punish both innocent and guilty alike, until he eventually finds redemption. Edmond Dantés and Captain Nemo would approve.
5. Max Cady: I really need to see either version of "Cape Fear" some day. Incidentally, which one would you recommend? Personally, I'm more interested in seeing the original, but that's mostly because it has Robert Mitchum in it.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Avaitor

1- Haman (easily the best part of ZZ)
2- Max Cady (classic performance)
3- Claudandus (also great, but something's got to give.)
4- Scar (fairly interesting character)
5- Shodan (sorry, not familiar)
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Pharass: I'd actually recommend seeing both the original and the remake. Both films are extremely well-done in their own respective ways, and the remake pays homage to the original movie with its music and some of its stylistic choices, without being a rehash of it. Its also nice to get a cameo appearance from Gregory Peck, the brilliant actor who happened to play the hero in the original film. As for which one should be seen first, though, I honestly can't say. To be honest, I was introduced to the remake first, but I consider that to be a good thing because I went into it without any preconceived bias towards it as I might have if I had already seen the original. The original Max Cady is portrayed brilliantly by his actor, but Robert De Nero is equally brilliant in his roll as Max Cady as well, but in a different way, just like how Heath Ledger is brilliant as the Joker in a different way than past actors had portrayed him while still portraying him excellently, especially Mark Hamill doing the voice of The Joker in B:TAS.

Anyways, as for my votes for this round:

1. Max Cady
2. Claudandus
3. Scar
4. Haman (Unfortunately I haven't seen this particular Gundam series yet, or if I did I don't remember it very well)
5. Shodan (I'm sure that she's a menacing villain, but unfortunately I've never played System Shock before)

gunswordfist

Scar
Shodan (never heard of her just like everyone below her but I want to play SS)
Claudandus
Haman
Max Cady

Pharass

Guys, these are the results of the match, so far:

Max Cady= 11 pts
Claudandus= 14 pts
Haman Karn= 12 pts
Shodan= 11 pts
Scar= 12 pts

As you can see by this I'm going to need at least one more vote before we can proceed to the next match.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

gunswordfist

Alright, I'll change my votes

Scar
Claudandus
Shodan
Haman
Max Cady

Pharass

Ok, guys, I re-calculated the votes based on the change done by gunswordfist and it turns out that Scar and Haman are still tied with 12 points each.

So, here's the deal: Simply post whichever one of these two you wish to proceed to the next round. Remember I only need one more vote, so the first post after this one will decide the winner.

In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Dr. Insomniac

Scar. Need to watch Zeta Gundam though.

Pharass

Scar and Claudandus move on to Round 2.

Round 1, Match 5:

Colonel Bozzo (The Blackcoats)

Vs.

MacBeth (Gargoyles)

Vs.

Legato Bluesummers (Trigun)

Vs.

Freeza (Dragon Ball Z/Kai/manga

Vs.

Dr. Robotnik

--------

1. Colonel Bozzo: Not only is the guy one of the first criminal masterminds in literature (preceeding Moriarty by about 30 years), but he's also the head of what may very well be the first fictional evil brotherhood/cabal/organisation, long before SPECTRE had ever been heard of. Add to that the fact that he has managed to keep his position by being surrounded by scheming backstabbers, for over a century, murdered his own son and is believed to be Satan (or at least an avatar of him) and we have one awesome villain.
2. Legato Bluesummers: Another great and very creepy villain, who knows how to use his psychic powers in creative ways.
3. MacBeth
4. Dr. Robotnik: I've always liked him more than Sonic, for some reason.
5. Freeza: "Dragonball" in general is something I cared much more about when I was younger than I do now, still even today I have to admit that Freeza was a pretty good villain.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Avaitor

1- MacBeth
2- Legato
3- Freeza
4- Colonel Bozzo
5- Robotnik

I'm not familiar with The Blackcoats at all, but I refuse to put Robotnik above last.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

1. MacBeth (Pretty underrated among animated villains, IMO)
2. Legato Bluesummers (He's not nearly one of the best anime villains, IMO, but he's still a memorable one)
3. Colonel Bozzo (I'm still ashamed at the lack of literature that I have read in the last few years, but even though I haven't read anything about him I do at least know quite a bit about him from my older brother, and he's definitely the type of villain that I love to see in fiction)
4. Freeza (I like him much better in the Dragon Ball manga, and I greatly prefer the manga to any adaptation of the anime in general, but overall he's a decent villain)
5. Dr. Robotnik (I like him and all, but its not like he has all that much character to him, so I can't really vote him above the others)

Dr. Insomniac

Daxdiv

Freeza/Frieza
Dr. Robotnik/Eggman
MacBeth
Legato
Bozzo