Currently Running Manga Discussion

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 30, 2010, 12:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

I know someone who's going to be very happy about that. :D

VLordGTZ

It's nice to see Viz giving some love to Jump+ series.  I've heard good things about Sket Dance, so I'm interested in reading the mangaka's other work. :)

Spark Of Spirit

Viz is running a Jump Start for The Promised Neverland next week. I'm assuming they'll also do one for Red Sprite. I still hope Kimetsu no Yaiba has a chance to run once Nisekoi and Bleach are done. Because these chapters pretty much prove there are only two or three chapters of them left.

As for MHA, I do wonder what Deku will do to enhance his quirk with gear. I've been of the mind that Kaminari should do something like that for his very obvious drawback, but I guess it's good to see that Midoriya at least figured out that he needs to offset his weaknesses.

Also really liked the conclusion to the fight in Black Clover. Team up battles are always some of my favorites, and this one was real well done.

Oh, and World Trigger was hilarious. The fact that one squad has absolutely no strategy should be an interesting mix for this next match. But I do hope it's quick, because I really do want to wrap this up and move on to the next arc.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: VLordGTZ on July 27, 2016, 10:45:51 AM
Both Bleach and Nisekoi will be ending in the 36-37 double issue of Shonen Jump (August 8th).
End of an era.

Now let's get some quality in there to replace them.

Quote from: VLordGTZ on July 27, 2016, 10:45:51 AMAlso, Billy Bat will end in 3 more chapters.
It must be mentioned that Kodansha is in charge of this series. Unless they relent, Viz won't be licensing this. Which makes me wonder what's taking so long to release it.

Spark Of Spirit

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #35 (August 1st, 2016):
The Promised Neverland (Cover, Lead CP)
1. My Hero Academia
2. One Piece
Black Clover (CP)
3. Haikyuu!!
4. Gintama
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. (CP)
5. Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma
6. World Trigger
7. Yuna of Yuragi Manor
8. Kimetsu no Yaiba: Blade of Demon Destruction
9. Hinomaru Zumou
10. Takuan and Batsu's Daily Demon Diary
11. Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
12. Toriko
13. Samon the Summoner
14. Nisekoi
15. Kochikame
16. Bleach
Chronice of Isobe -Life is Hard-

Nothing surprising here other than a huge dip for Samon. Glad to see World Trigger still keeping pace, and I hope he can whip through the end of this arc already.

To be honest, I'm not expecting Takuan and Batsu to hang in there for long. Most series that spend their first weeks in the double digits don't jump further than that. Unless these new series are bombs (it has happened before) then I don't think it will be around for long.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm gonna mark the end of One Piece as the true end of an era. Nobody has given a shit about Bleach for at least half a decade, so the fact that it's ending now doesn't really count for much.

Spark Of Spirit

I said that because (other than Gintama, which is also nearing the end) it's the last remnant of the Silver Age left in Jump. We have another decade until One Piece (and HxH) signal the end of the "Dark" Age.  ;)

VLordGTZ

I'd say the of an era will be when Gintama and Toriko end, since that will mean all the Jump series that started in the 2000s will be over. 

Spark Of Spirit

Sou-Bou-Tei Kowasubeshi is selling really well. By next week, the first volume should have sold over 100,000. It's not at Magi or Major level yet, but it was clearly a smart move by Shogakukan to get Fujita back for Sunday.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Fuuka is getting an anime!

The series has had some ups and downs lately, but I'm pretty jazzed about this. Manga about music tend to benefit the most when adapted into a medium with sound, so there's a lot of potential to take this series to the next level if it's given to the right studio. Of course, part of the fun as a manga reader will be in watching how anime-only watchers will react to a certain twist...

Spoiler
Quotei wonder what episode Truck-kun will come in at
:sly:
[close]

Spark Of Spirit

MHA, World Trigger, and Food Wars were as great as ever. The Bleach chapter made me laugh because all I can think is that this chapter would have been like 10 if Kubo was still pacing it out in his usual style.

As for the Jump Start, Promised Neverland had good art, but the story didn't do anything for me. I've seen this type of story too many times before. I will have to hold my judgement on it for the next two chapters.