Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

If it's a four player beat em up, I will probably lose it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

What is it with Platinum and adapting popular animated series into video games these days?

First it was Legend of Korra, then Transformers, and now it's (supposedly) TMNT.

I don't suspect there's any chance that they could maybe tackle classic Dragon Ball next....;)

Peanutbutter

Oh man, Platinum doing a TMNT game?! Be still my beating heart......

Foggle

A few more things: platforms are reportedly PS3/PS4, 360/One, and PC. Also, Australia's M rating is equivalent to America's T, so it's not going to be some weirdly adult game like I thought the classification was implying. :lol:

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 30, 2015, 05:30:47 PM
If it's a four player beat em up, I will probably lose it.
Yeah, I'm hoping "online interactivity" means that it will include general co-op (split-screen, please!).

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on November 30, 2015, 06:28:31 PM
What is it with Platinum and adapting popular animated series into video games these days?

First it was Legend of Korra, then Transformers, and now it's (supposedly) TMNT.

I don't suspect there's any chance that they could maybe tackle classic Dragon Ball next....;)
They want to do Kill la Kill and Berserk apparently. Perhaps they could do DB as well. :)

Quote from: Peanutbutter on November 30, 2015, 06:46:45 PM
Oh man, Platinum doing a TMNT game?! Be still my beating heart......
Yeah, wow. This is giving me real good nostalgia! Between this, Star Fox, Nier, and Scalebound, Platinum is going to be on fire next year.

Speaking of upcoming P* titles, rumor has it that Kamiya is interested in making a sequel to one of his legacy games, and the front-runner in all the polls he held was Okami...

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on November 30, 2015, 05:18:51 PM
Quote from: http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=rq3o1%2bvToJ10DsvQBTdCEw%253d%253d&ncdctx=045pcNnoBtjCCTAFQiaXZg%252fBxNGMItwAbF2%252f166G4mlqawLmVA0tWHsHBG9lWpXUTEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: MUTANTS IN MANHATTAN(Multi Platform)
Classification    M         
Consumer Advice    Violence, online interactivity
Category    Computer Games
Version    ORIGINAL
Duration    0 Variable
Date of Classification    30 November 2015
Author    PLATINUMGAMES
Publisher    ACTIVISION PUBLISHING

WHAT :zonk:
I don't even know how to believe this.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Actually, seeing as how the original comic is very dark and gritty and not at all meant for kids, an M rated TMNT game that is designed to be in-line with the tone of the source material could potentially be awesome.

Spark Of Spirit

I imagine it would be like the recent Nick show. Which is pretty good at bridging both humor and the dark tint the franchise is known for. Believe me, if they stayed true to the show it would probably be more in line with Platinum's original games than their other licensed ones.

It just needs to have four player co-op. A TMNT game without it is like a Sonic game without speed-based gameplay or a Mega Man game without the weapon switching. It can be done, it just misses something fundamental to the experience.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

I wouldn't mind a game set in the Mirage or IDW verses, especially since the latter supposedly combines elements throughout all the franchise like the Nick show does.

Spark Of Spirit

How is "Shadow Complex: Remastered" a World Premiere announcement? It's not a new game.

This is what I get for turning this stupid thing on for two seconds.

Foggle

It's free on PC, though. Free is good. I like free.

Spark Of Spirit

It's a great game, but just like Rocket League, it's not a "World Premiere". I guess they couldn't get any actual game announcements for the show.

Foggle

Well, they announced a Kickstarter for Psychonauts 2!

gunswordfist

Did it come with an onscreen Kickstarter commercial!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

Quote from: Foggle on December 03, 2015, 09:38:33 PM
Well, they announced a Kickstarter for Psychonauts 2!

I can't wait to Double Fine this game. Remember kids, Double Fine means you pay twice. :^)

Hell, it's not even really Kickstarter, it's some new crowd sourcing platform made by developers so they wouldn't get dinged with KS fees to both KS and Amazon. Oh yeah, Tim Schafer has a hand in starting that new platform up.

Peanutbutter

Just found out that TellTale is going to be doing a Batman game set for next year.

https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/discussion/102827

I can't wait for this. Now that the Arkham series is done, I have no doubt that they can keep the stream of good Batman games going. The Wolf Among Us is concrete proof they can make a great Batman story.