Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Grant Morrison as writer please!

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

A Batman game made by the same people that make pretty good point and click adventures and does what David Cage wants to do with video games, but even better. Sign me up

Foggle

YAKUZA 0 ENGLISH ANNOUNCED

I'M SO HAPPY

Foggle

Physical release confirmed, too! Sega is no longer dead to me. :swoon:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

While it's not a lot, we got a short new gameplay trailer for Nioh: http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/5/9854966/nioh-trailer-team-ninja-psx-2015

Maybe I'm just a sucker for hack n' slash action, but I still think that it looks really good. Since I've played a lot of Ninja Gaiden, I can recognize varied and nuanced combat from a Team Ninja game quite well, and this game definitely seems to have it.

I also just love the Feudal Japan setting mixed in with horror elements. I'm still holding out hope that Team Ninja can finally turn out a good product again.

gunswordfist

Loving it! Please let this be as good as it looks, Team Ninja.

Spark Of Spirit

The FFVII remake actually looks really good. Pair it with XV and it might be the first time I've been interested in Final Fantasy for a loooonnng time.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Everyone keeps comparing Ni-Oh to Dark Souls, but I just see a slower Ninja Gaiden mixed with Onimusha, personally. It looks good.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 07, 2015, 07:05:29 AM
The FFVII remake actually looks really good. Pair it with XV and it might be the first time I've been interested in Final Fantasy for a loooonnng time.
Yeah, they both seem pretty great. Like I've said, Square Enix has really turned it around over the past couple years.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Of the Souls-franchise, Nioh seems closer to Bloodborne than Dark/Demons Souls, IMO. It's mostly the emphasis on maneuvering and dodging over parrying, which is still present in both games, but not as central to the gameplay as it seems to be in the other Souls games. That said, yeah, it still feels more like Onimusha meets Ninja Gaiden to me, as well.

The people who compare it more to Souls seem to be the type to never have played Onimusha and/or Ninja Gaiden before, and thus have a more limited frame of reference.

gunswordfist

I've played both and think Ni-Oh looks like a Souls game :thinkin:

Nel_Annette

Looks like a Souls/Borne game to me too. Which is not a bad thing at all.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on December 07, 2015, 01:21:20 PM
Of the Souls-franchise, Nioh seems closer to Bloodborne than Dark/Demons Souls, IMO. It's mostly the emphasis on maneuvering and dodging over parrying, which is still present in both games, but not as central to the gameplay as it seems to be in the other Souls games. That said, yeah, it still feels more like Onimusha meets Ninja Gaiden to me, as well.
To be honest, I never parried even once in the Souls games (couldn't figure out the timing, I'm bad), but it's pretty much required in Bloodborne. That said, in BB it's done using the gun to stun, so it's more like Devil May Cry juggling than normal sword parrying.

But yes, Ni-Oh definitely looks much closer to Bloodborne than a normal Souls title, which makes sense, as BB leans more heavily toward character action than it does RPG.

Quote from: gunswordfist on December 07, 2015, 02:02:51 PM
I've played both and think Ni-Oh looks like a Souls game :thinkin:
I mean, it resembles Souls, sure, but the way the sword combat works reminds me more of NG, and the aesthetic reminds me more of Onimusha.

gunswordfist

Well, to me it reminds me of the look and enemy patterns of Dark Souls with a bit slower Ninja Gaiden gameplay.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 07, 2015, 07:05:29 AM

Yeah, gameplay looks great. I have a feeling it will be good, unfortunately on another board I go to everyone's all cynical just because they announced it was going to be in multiple parts. I'm pretty sure all that means is they'll be in an episodic format like Life is Strange and TellTale's stuff, not to mention as gargantuan as FF 7's content was for its time it wasn't going to be possible for it to have a normal release.