Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

It also comes bundled with Project Guard! Two Nintendo/Platinum collaborations in one. :)

Foggle

Quote from: http://gonintendo.com/stories/253366-starfox-zero-brings-back-all-original-starfox-64-voice-actorsIt has been revealed that Nintendo managed to get back all the original voice actors from StarFox 64 to reprise their rolls in StarFox Zero.
:drool:

Spark Of Spirit

The Fox amiibo lets you play as the SNES Arwing. That's just amazing.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Speaking of amazing: The next Kirby game looks AMAZING

Triple Deluxe was already excellent, and this looks even BETTER. Can't wait for June!

Spark Of Spirit

gunswordfist

Wait, Max Payne 4 is supposed to be at E3?!!  :huh:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

I watched some of Quantum Break on a Twitch channel I mod on right after it came out. It looks pretty damn good. :thumbup:

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've been watching TS17's walkthrough of the game. He is a massive fan of Remedy's past games, so he went into this with eager anticipation. His overall thoughts are that he finds the story interesting and enjoys the action to an extent, but is disappointed by the game's short length and also feels that there are missed opportunities with the gameplay and level design that could have made the game amazing.

So, overall, it's good but not great, according to him. Seeing as how I usually tend to agree with his opinions, I'll probably feel similar about the game, but I still definitely want to play it for myself.

gunswordfist

Ah, so it is short? Remedy sure does love short titles. Twitch was acting up so I had to reload A LOT so do you have any clue how much live action the game has?

Foggle

There are four 22-minute live action segments, I believe.

Honestly, I don't mind if the game is short. I actually tend to prefer short games these days, since my attention span and free time are both a lot more limited than they used to be.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I don't mind short games, either, and in fact prefer them, so long as they are fun and highly replayable. In fact, three out of five of my top five favorite games can actually be beaten in under six hours each on a single playthrough.

I believe what TS17 was insinuating about the game was that the gameplay wasn't quite as strong as in Max Payne and Alan Wake to make him want to invest a lot of time into playing it over again beyond his initial playthrough and the walkthrough on Hard mode that he has been uploading.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on April 05, 2016, 07:50:03 PM
I believe what TS17 was insinuating about the game was that the gameplay wasn't quite as strong as in Max Payne and Alan Wake to make him want to invest a lot of time into playing it over again beyond his initial playthrough and the walkthrough on Hard mode that he has been uploading.
Aw, that's disappointing, especially since I already felt like Alan Wake's gameplay was a bit of a step down from Max Payne's. :(

But yeah, I like playing short games over and over. Long games are great, but unless they end up becoming all-time favorites of mine, I'm generally done with them after a single playthrough. I definitely get more playtime out of short/medium-length games on the whole.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on April 05, 2016, 07:53:59 PMAw, that's disappointing, especially since I already felt like Alan Wake's gameplay was a bit of a step down from Max Payne's. :(

Alan Wake's gameplay was perfect and awesome and in no way flawed! :anger:

In all seriousness, though, it's one of my top five favorite games from last gen, so I like it more than almost everyone else. I'd actually argue that the gameplay is more refined than Max Payne, but I prefer Max Payne since it's more my preferred style of gameplay.

QuoteBut yeah, I like playing short games over and over. Long games are great, but unless they end up becoming all-time favorites of mine, I'm generally done with them after a single playthrough. I definitely get more playtime out of short/medium-length games on the whole.

That's most Platinum games in a nutshell. :)

I also love Devil May Cry 3 despite being pretty short, as I've replayed it over a dozen times, and while Ninja Gaiden Black falls under the intermediate length of games (longer than 10 hours but under 20 on a first playthrough), it's significantly shorter on replays once you know what to do.