Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Yes, it definitely would.

Keep it simple; throw in a couple of extra characters, stages, a few gimmicks here or there along the way, and I'd take it for sure. I love SSB64; it's pretty slow in comparison to the others nowadays, but still loads of fun, and the "pick up and play" feel can't be beat. Oh yeah, and Ness is boss, IMO; can't beat that little drop-step move of his that they, unfortunately, toned wayyyyy down in the future titles (you know what I'm talking about). If this truly is a "sequel" to Smash 64, make that move, as cheap as it is, worth my time again.  :awesome:

Avaitor

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on September 11, 2011, 08:55:58 PM
All that makes me think is what dumb-ass said OP is worthy of an Oscar? Depending on the context in which they said it in, that's either praising the series too much or being way too insulting to it (in a way its kind of doing both at the same time).
You don't remember KOP?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on September 10, 2011, 01:17:30 AM
I actually like the box art. It's pretty cool, IMO. It'd be perfect if they removed the non-Max characters in the background, though.

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on September 09, 2011, 09:37:18 PM
This reminds me that I really need to replay Max Payne 2 since I forgot most of the stuff pertaining to the story in that game.
You must! MP 1 gameplay > MP 2 gameplay, but MP 2 story > MP 1 story as far as I'm concerned. :)

Quote:shit: :unimpressed: :whuh: :wth: ARE YOU FUCKING NUTS?! MP story>>>>>>>MP2's Max Payne 2's gameplay>>>>>>>>>>Max Payne 1. Max Payne 2 has the best gameplay out of any TPS imo. On consoles, they perfected the controls (obviously MP1's on PC had no problems. Thank my brother for downloading that). Best console controls overall with Ninja Gaiden right behind it, imo. Then there's the new Bullet Time system. Iirc, you couldn't refill it in MP1 with kills but in 2 you could and not only that but you could slow down time even slower the more kills you got. Also infinite Shootdodging for the motherfucking win!

While Max Payne 2's story was some useless gang war where the two best characters got killed and they did nothing with the Inner Circle. The first has my favorite story out of any shooter. Of course you can't take it too serious with the cheesiness, the overuse of freak and the game development team being characters in the game (lol @ Mona) but I thought it was decent for a game. I thought all the places MP1 took you made it a better game than MP2.

I think the perfect game would be if they had a game that was at least 15 hours long that's a prequel to 2 so my favorite characters could return with a story that's as good as the first minus the corny shit with Max Payne 2's gameplay and MP1's melee weapons and expand on having partners with you here and there (hey, I loved the parts in MP2 where you teamed up with The Cowboy and that hit squad.) Also, better boss fights. That drug addict boss in 1 died way too fast and it just plain sucks that he was the last V junkie in the game. What a waste. And the last part on the last boss in 2 wasn't much. Oh and it sucked that he died. Did I mention that yet?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

September 15th... RE6... Come on, Capcom. You can do this. All the facts so far point to this being a Wii U game bringing horror back to the series. Come on, Capcom! :worship:

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on September 11, 2011, 08:55:58 PM
All that makes me think is what dumb-ass said OP is worthy of an Oscar? Depending on the context in which they said it in, that's either praising the series too much or being way too insulting to it (in a way its kind of doing both at the same time).

KOP. :P

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

While I wouldn't be surprised by an RE6 announcement being that its Capcom's main money-making franchise, I wouldn't count on it being everything that fans have been wanting from a main-series RE game for ages, given Capcom's current track-record of pissing people off with their poor decision-making when it comes to game development decisions (and that's been going on for a few years, now).

talonmalon333

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on September 12, 2011, 04:01:16 PM
While I wouldn't be surprised by an RE6 announcement being that its Capcom's main money-making franchise, I wouldn't count on it being everything that fans have been wanting from a main-series RE game for ages, given Capcom's current track-record of pissing people off with their poor decision-making when it comes to game development decisions (and that's been going on for a few years, now).

Well we DO have these quotes, which hint at something good.

"We know that alot of fans want more horror back for the next one, the development team knows that as well and we read a lot of comments, messageboards, and ask for feedback, and there was a lot of critisism about RE5′s focus on action."

"I think that you'll like the direction the dev team is shifting for the next one."

Plus, they stated they want to make an RE for the Wii U, a mere month before RE6's announcement. Besides which, PS4 is probably FAR down the road, hinting at a Wii U release. And if it IS for the Wii U... it's almost entirely unlikely that it'll be a full-blown action game.

Foggle

The actual dialogue was far better in Max Payne 2, IMO. The stories themselves were pretty equal in terms of how much I liked them, but the writing really elevated it for me.

The shooting and bullet-time mechanics were much tighter in the original game. The controls felt kind of loose in MP 2, which made it slightly less fun and not as exciting to play, IMO.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm not sure how the PC controls of MP2 stack up to the first game, but the console controls for MP2 are easily better than the console controls for MP1 (and its pretty damn fine controls for any console game or any game in general), so I judge it by that criteria.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Desensitized on September 11, 2011, 10:13:27 PM
Sweet, there's a rumor that Sakurai is making Smash 3DS a "sequel" to Smash 64, a sort of "Super Smash Bros. 2" sort of deal.

I would not turn that down one bit. That would be perfect for a portable.

What does that even mean?

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on September 12, 2011, 05:22:39 PM
I'm not sure how the PC controls of MP2 stack up to the first game, but the console controls for MP2 are easily better than the console controls for MP1 (and its pretty damn fine controls for any console game or any game in general), so I judge it by that criteria.
The PC controls in both games are exactly the same, but everything feels less weighty and a bit looser in the second one.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 12, 2011, 05:29:05 PM

I believe he's saying that they are planning a 3DS SSB game that is based more heavily off of the original SSB64's mechanics as opposed to the mechanics of either Melee or Brawl. Even though I'm not really big on the series, I at least know how different the gameplay mechanics are between the original SSB and Melee/Brawl.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on September 12, 2011, 05:43:07 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 12, 2011, 05:29:05 PM

I believe he's saying that they are planning a 3DS SSB game that is based more heavily off of the original SSB64's mechanics as opposed to the mechanics of either Melee or Brawl. Even though I'm not really big on the series, I at least know how different the gameplay mechanics are between the original SSB and Melee/Brawl.

I don't. :P

Maybe it's been too long since I played the original. But I'm curious how it differs, from whoever knows.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

This wiki guide highlights all of the combat mechanics of SSB, including the differences and even the minor intricacies that change between each individual SSB game.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Kiddington on September 12, 2011, 12:55:31 AM
Yes, it definitely would.

Keep it simple; throw in a couple of extra characters, stages, a few gimmicks here or there along the way, and I'd take it for sure. I love SSB64; it's pretty slow in comparison to the others nowadays, but still loads of fun, and the "pick up and play" feel can't be beat. Oh yeah, and Ness is boss, IMO; can't beat that little drop-step move of his that they, unfortunately, toned wayyyyy down in the future titles (you know what I'm talking about). If this truly is a "sequel" to Smash 64, make that move, as cheap as it is, worth my time again.  :awesome:
Yeah, Ness' spike in 64 is insane. It's completely worthless in Melee, but in Brawl it's actually the most powerful spike in the game again despite still not topping the 64 one. Other than his Up-B being terrible for recovery, Ness was tops in 64.

I like the slower and more deliberate feel and how hits tend to actually have a feeling of heavy impact in 64, and the more simplistic approach and stages would work perfectly on a handheld.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Mario Tennis 3DS was just announced at Nintendo's 3DS conference in Japan.

Not sure what else is coming, as its not over, but thought that was pretty cool.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton