Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I'm most likely going to stick to the copy of Black I have, whenever I get the chance to hook up my X-Box, but I'll consider getting the collection on sale to play 2.

Also debating Skyward Sword. It may honestly be worth a second chance, especially if the new control scheme helps things.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

This video convinced me that it's worth at least experiencing once: https://youtu.be/P_Q2wREAwRM

He also does a good job of conveying that Breath of the Wild has the best core gameplay of any Zelda game, but is lacking in certain other areas and that it doesn't need to write-off all older design elements. People criticized later 3D Zeldas for being too hand-holdy and linear, and while that's definitely a fair criticism, it doesn't mean that they didn't have genuinely good elements of game design in there. For as much as I enjoy Breath of the Wild, it also never gives me anything quite on par with the best dungeons of past Zelda games. The experience does feel far more consistently fun than most previous 3D Zeldas, but it also never quite reaches the same heights as some of those games, IMO.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on February 18, 2021, 05:04:26 PMI'm most likely going to stick to the copy of Black I have, whenever I get the chance to hook up my X-Box, but I'll consider getting the collection on sale to play 2.

Sigma 2 is definitely worth playing and has a few genuine improvements over the 360 version of the game, but I also feel like the original version of 2 is such a different game at it's core that both should be experienced at some point to get the full experience. The vanilla version is more flawed but has far more satisfying combat when everything is clicking, and it's the version that I ultimately prefer. Sigma 2 is more consistent and polished, but simultaneously waters down much of the intense gameplay that made the vanilla version of the game stand out so much in the first place.

Avaitor

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on February 18, 2021, 05:19:53 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on February 18, 2021, 05:04:26 PMI'm most likely going to stick to the copy of Black I have, whenever I get the chance to hook up my X-Box, but I'll consider getting the collection on sale to play 2.

Sigma 2 is definitely worth playing and has a few genuine improvements over the 360 version of the game, but I also feel like the original version of 2 is such a different game at it's core that both should be experienced at some point to get the full experience. The vanilla version is more flawed but has far more satisfying combat when everything is clicking, and it's the version that I ultimately prefer. Sigma 2 is more consistent and polished, but simultaneously waters down much of the intense gameplay that made the vanilla version of the game stand out so much in the first place.
Hmm, fair!

Well, do you think it's worth trying out NGS, or should I just stick to Black? And I'm assuming that I should skip 3, right?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Sigma is a good enough game in a vacuum. I think Black is clearly the superior version of the game. Even in the graphics department, despite Sigma's HD enhancements, the game has a very plastic sort of look to it that I'm not all that into, personally. That said, about 85% of the game is still comprised of the great stuff that made Black such a classic. It's not one that I'd recommend going out of your way to play if you already have access to Black, but it's fine if it's your only option.

Sigma 2 is different enough to practically be classified as a different game, IMO, which is why I made special note for that one. And yes, NG3 (including Razor's Edge, here), isn't outright a terrible game if I'm being objective, but it's just not fun. It's competent enough as an action game but lacks any sense of personality or any kind of hook to it's gameplay that makes it feel like a compelling challenge to overcome as opposed to just an exercise in tedium and repetition to clear one room of enemies after another. It's maybe worth playing for about half an hour to see what it's all about, but it's hardly worth your full time and attention.

Peanutbutter

An awesome new 80s TMNT game exactly like Turtles in Time?! YES PLEASE!!!  :huh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijKD0HIpgJM

Mustang

3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Jamie, Juri
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Peanutbutter

No we don't, which is why I don't get it. Druckmann must have been doing a lot of sucking up is all I can figure.  :??:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I don't even like The Last of Us and I could at least tell you that the game still looks good even today, especially running at 60 FPS on the PS4 version. The game isn't even that old, so I fail to see how it could benefit from a remake.

Mustang

Isn't Last of Us Remastered playable on the PS5? If so, that makes this even more of a head scratcher. Like I said, I get it, money is great and all, but Naughty Dog can't be desperate for money right now. If this is a Sony decision then I'm seeing why Sony is shutting down PS3 and Vita stuff.

It almost seem like another gen full of remasters and remakes are the future for the PS5 which gives me even more of a reason to switch to PC.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Jamie, Juri
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

So did E3 go by everyone? For the most part I found it very lackluster. I guess that's mainly because of all the "directs" that happens before and after E3. I think I said it last year as well. I'd be fine if they did away with it.

That being said there were only 3-4 games that I found interesting.

Elden Ring
Admittedly not a fan of Souls but have always been curious about the series. I figured this'll be my entry to the FromSoft games.

Final Fantasy Origins
It looks weird but I think it's done by the same folks doing Nioh so I'm willing to give it a shot.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
Favorite game of all time at the moment. I don't think I need to say much else.

Halo: Infinite
Despite not caring about MP that same MP got me curious about its campaign. I've always been a sucker for Halo's campaign (haven't played 4 or 5)
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Jamie, Juri
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Metroid Dread caught my interest the most. I love Super Metroid and Metroid Prime and actually have also beat the original NES game as well. I have Samus Returns for the 3DS and plan on playing that as well, and will probably also play Fusion before the new game comes out.

Foggle

This was probably the weakest E3 I've ever seen tbh. Absolutely gutted at what Babylon's Fall has turned into, Platinum deserves so much better than some janky games as a service nonsense. The new Arkane game looks like shit too, which hurts really bad as I've adored everything else they've put out. Highlights for me were Advance Wars Re-Boot Camp, Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, Mario Party Superstars, Metal Slug Tactics, Metroid Dread, River City Girls 0 & 2, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2. I'd probably be into Breath of the Wild 2 as well but I still haven't played the original. Not much else comes to mind unfortunately. A lot of the indies that were shown off look interesting, but they weren't given much time to shine, so I'll need to investigate them more later.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, it was hard for me to muster up any real excitement for most things from E3 this year. In general I still have next to no interest in the current gen consoles. There's a reason I've been playing so many older games lately.

Breath of the Wild 2 looks like fun, and I enjoyed the first game quite a bit even if I still personally prefer the classic Zelda formula, but at the same time I'm feeling like it'll be more of the same as the original but with expanded concepts. That's fine, and has the potential to be amazing if refined heavily to make the core experience that much more engaging, but until I see more of what's on offer it's hard for me to be any more than just interested at this point.

Metroid Dread looks genuinely great, though, and it helps that I've recently gotten into the series.

Rynnec

Quote from: Foggle on June 15, 2021, 06:59:47 PM
This was probably the weakest E3 I've ever seen tbh.

I dunno if I'd go that far, but it was up there as one of the weakest. Other than Metroid Dread, Advance Wars, and a few indies like Soulstice, nothing much caught my eye, and others like Final Fantasy Origin just got my outright disdain.

Now, in all fairness, I don't think anyone was expecting even an average E3 given all the shit that's happened the past year, but even without that E3 has been losing its luster for awhile.

Quote from: Mustang on June 15, 2021, 05:45:51 PM
So did E3 go by everyone? For the most part I found it very lackluster. I guess that's mainly because of all the "directs" that happens before and after E3. I think I said it last year as well. I'd be fine if they did away with it.

That being said there were only 3-4 games that I found interesting.

Elden Ring
Admittedly not a fan of Souls but have always been curious about the series. I figured this'll be my entry to the FromSoft games.

Speaking of, did they show off anything else besides the gameplay reveal trailer?