Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

I don't have the game with me right now, but it was mostly the fact that your equipment could "conflict" with eachother. So you can't say, equip leggings along with a skirt or dress, even though you could in III. Stuff like that. They also got rid of some of the better clothing items from III, like the Spectre hood, or the gown, which was also rather dissapointing.

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

Wow, I just learned that Tails is unlockable in the new Sonic CD port. And he can fly. That's... pretty freaking cool as it adds quite some replay value.

Here's hoping Knuckles or Metal Sonic is also there.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Desensitized on November 05, 2011, 11:05:03 PM
Wow, I just learned that Tails is unlockable in the new Sonic CD port. And he can fly. That's... pretty freaking cool as it adds quite some replay value.

Here's hoping Knuckles or Metal Sonic is also there.
Shit just got real.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

The Simpsons Arcade Game has been rated in Australia.

Sweet! One of my favorites.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Desensitized on November 09, 2011, 03:46:16 PM

FUCK YES :joy:

Daxdiv

I heard about that recently and I was like "BE LEGIT! BE LEGIT! BE LEGIT!" Looks like we should get a Simpsons Party on Xbox Live going soon.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daxdiv on November 09, 2011, 11:06:04 PM

I heard about that recently and I was like "BE LEGIT! BE LEGIT! BE LEGIT!" Looks like we should get a Simpsons Party on Xbox Live going soon.
Of course. But I call Bart.  ;)

Daxdiv

Hmm, should I call dibs on Lisa or Homer? Those two were the ones I've played the most in the arcades. Homer it is then.

gunswordfist

That game was so much fun at the arcades.

Add Rainbow Six Patriots and the next Sly Cooper to my list. I believe I only played one Sly Cooper demo but after reading the preview, when I started playing InFamous again, I imagined I was Sly for a second. :D The game sounds like it could be real good. Steven Jay Blum being a ninja racoon is icing on the cake.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

OK, So Max Payne 3 looks awesome, now. Its officially my most anticipated game of 2012 at this point.

On the other hand, Ninja Gaiden 3 can go royally fuck itself.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on November 17, 2011, 01:40:14 PM
OK, So Max Payne 3 looks awesome, now. Its officially my most anticipated game of 2012 at this point.
I was just about to post this. Looks like Rockstar really knows what they're doing here. The gameplay looks even better than the first two... and those graphics. Can't wait.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, they really seem to understand and respect the story and gameplay of the first 2 games. I like how in an interview one of the representatives from Rockstar confirmed that they wouldn't be trying to shoehorn a pointless open world mechanic into the game just because they do that with a lot of their other games (they know that Max Payne needs to stay focused in terms of both story and gameplay), and they relieved some of my earlier fears by saying that they would integrate cover mechanics into the game in a way that fits Max Payne, rather than just ripping off Gears of War like every other TPS game these days is usually guilty of. Going by the video, you can take cover behind objects while still moving and shooting, and you can't stay under one area of cover for too long, forcing you to use bullet-time and shoot-dodge in alteration with taking cover. That's actually pretty brilliant.

I also like that they are putting a lot of focus into enemy AI. This can make for some really hectic and challenging gun battles, but that'll only ramp up the level of fun for me. ;)

At this point, I can fully admit that I was wrong to misjudge this game based on very early initial impressions. I was worried about the direction it was headed in, but unlike a certain other sequel that I'm not exactly looking forward to, this one doesn't disappoint me at all, and the gameplay in the video totally blew me away. I'm really excited for this game, now. Its going to be awesome! ;D

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on November 17, 2011, 01:40:14 PMOn the other hand, Ninja Gaiden can go royally fuck itself.
I read it like this.

Yeesh.  :huh:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on November 17, 2011, 01:40:14 PM

On the other hand, Ninja Gaiden 3 can go royally fuck itself.
Whoa, that might be my 2nd most anticipated game of 2012. The annotated trailer I watched on Xbox Live really helped too.