Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

So, who's looking forward to the PS Vita?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453418

(whistles) Wow, the system comes with no memory of it's own, so you have no choice but to spend an at least extra $30 dollars right off the bat, especially since the Vita games apparently require one of these mem cards to even boot up?

Yeah, sign me up for a launch day purchase of the system. lol sarcasm
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Foggle

More excited for the Vita than I am for the 3DS, but everything I've heard about it suggests that it will be a second year used purchase for me.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on November 27, 2011, 10:39:41 AM
More excited for the Vita than I am for the 3DS, but everything I've heard about it suggests that it will be a second year used purchase for me.
+1
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

Hey you know one of the games in Operation Rainfall is a GameStop Pre-order exclusive right now? You can actually pre-order Xenoblade right now if you want and I do have proof that you can.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Fucking Spring.

I'm gonna see if I can squeeze it in to my pre-orders, March is already an expensive month for me.

Commode

It's floating around the Internet right now, but apparently Tony Hawk announced that there will be a HD remake of the first two Pro Skater games released sometime next summer, all for under 20 bucks.  That'd be pretty kewl, but retaining the original soundtrack is a must.  No Superman by Goldfinger=no sale.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Lets hope its a remake, and not just a modernization. The first few games were great, but the more recent entries are a horrible joke.

I've been thinking about how much I sat out this year in video games, and then realized most of what I want is coming next year.

Fire Emblem 3DS
Extreme Escape Adventure
Street Fighter X Tekken
Twisted Metal
Xenoblade Chronicles
Luigi's Mansion 2
Paper Mario 3DS
Dragon's Crown

I'm actually gonna try and buy some stuff before years end (All 3DS games at Kmart are under 30 bucks right now, and most of my hard to find DS/PSP games are over there at less than 20 dollars), but I'm definitely very excited for next years slate of video games.

Foggle

Quoting from another thread into this one. How spooky.

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on December 11, 2011, 02:25:07 AM
The MGS spin-off game, Revengeance, looks insanely over-the-top in all of the best ways, and seems like a really fun hack n' slash game. It also seems a HELL of a lot better than Ninja Gaiden 3, which kind of saddens me but at the same time its nice to know that I'll at least have an actual good hack n' slash game to look forward to once again.
It's Kojima and Platinum Games. There's absolutely no way it can be bad.

Spark Of Spirit

In addition to what RSW mentioned, I'm also hoping for a release of this on our shores sooner than later. 2012 looks to have a lot of goodness in the early months and hopefully won't be as backloaded as this year.

Also, the Tony Hawk ones probably won't have the original soundtracks, but that's what custom soundtracks are for. Me, I'll probably just throw on some Run DMC.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Mighty Switch Force is out next week, guys!

Wow, the eShop is really picking up steam. First it had Pushmo, then there's this, Mutant Mudds, Dillon's Rolling Western, Sakura Samurai: Art Of The Sword, VVVVVV (portable, in 3D, and with possible additions?) the originals are stacking up not to mention the 3D classics line. Also, I've got Rhythm Thief, Kid Icarus, Monster Hunter (Used of course), Rayman Origins, Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario, and hopefully a certain lawyer and doctor team will make their way here... and for those who care there's that brand new Resident Evil game to retail.

Nintendo is really pulling it together for the 3DS. Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go play some WarioWare.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

... And now I learned that there' a 3DS Contra game being made and it was announced officially at TGS. How did I miss that?

This sucker better be Contra 5 by WayForward or a new Hard Corps game. Either way, it needs to have 2D gameplay or it's not Contra.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on December 11, 2011, 02:04:35 PM
Quoting from another thread into this one. How spooky.

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on December 11, 2011, 02:25:07 AM
The MGS spin-off game, Revengeance, looks insanely over-the-top in all of the best ways, and seems like a really fun hack n' slash game. It also seems a HELL of a lot better than Ninja Gaiden 3, which kind of saddens me but at the same time its nice to know that I'll at least have an actual good hack n' slash game to look forward to once again.
It's Kojima and Platinum Games. There's absolutely no way it can be bad.
It's the best possible video game team up
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Commode

The PS Vita isn't doing so hot in Japan, where it's sales figures fell sharply in it's second week and rumors of a potential price cut are abound.

http://www.newsonwall.com/754/playstation-vita-has-miserable-sales-figures/

Perhaps the worst thing coming out of this is that places like Forbes and CNET are claiming that the Vita could end up being the death of handhelds(I think there was someone on CNET who said he doesn't think the PSV will even come out in NA).  Wish people would cut it out with this crap.

I dunno, I like the Vita, it looks pretty sleek, but the problem is games. At least with the 3DS's crappy launch you knew that there would be quality coming down the pipeline eventually, because it's Nintendo.  But with the Vita there's no guarantee, especially if it keeps doing this badly and launches weak here in America, potentially killing it prematurely.

Spark Of Spirit

The Vita has its own niche, just like the 3DS does (admittedly, the 3DS's niche is bigger, but that's irrelevant) and it will probably do alright for itself. I too am getting sick of all the doom-saying going around in the gaming world with EVERY new system, but the truth of the matter is that unless it's just a bad idea from the get go like the Ngage or the Jaguar chances are it's going to do alright for itself.

I mean, people were badmouthing the 3DS, but it picked itself up pretty fast and has quite the solid looking library and growing. It hasn't even been out a year, either.

Rynnec

It seems that people have been badmouthing Nintendo's console's ever since the N64 era, regardless of how good their output is, so that's nothing new.

And count me in as one who wants people to just shut the hell up about handheld's dying. It's pretty clear that the people saying things like that have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.