Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 12, 2012, 10:10:19 AM
Quote from: Foggle on January 12, 2012, 12:10:53 AM
Quote from: gunswordfist on January 11, 2012, 11:56:59 PM
What's Furious Four?
Serious Sam in WW2, basically.
:wth:Sounds like I'd hate it.
I don't see how any FPS fan can hate Serious Sam.

But it's not exactly like that; it's just over-the-top and hilarious in the same way (plus it has co-op). I guess it's more similar to Hard Reset and F.E.A.R. 1 (without bullet time, of course) than Sam.

Spark Of Spirit

Rhythm Thief looks amazing. Like they took every Rhythm game ever made and put them into one game. Heck, they even have Adventure game elements in it!

I'm really hoping for this to be the Phoenix Wright style hit for the 3DS.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I don't hate Serious Sam, it's just that TFE is not my cup of tea.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Max Payne 3 has been delayed until May, June 1 for PC. The game will have multiplayer.

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 17, 2012, 01:03:03 PM
Max Payne 3 has been delayed until May, June 1 for PC. The game will have multiplayer.
Fuck yes, I love it when the PC version is released after the console version for no reason. And lol @ multiplayer in Max Payne.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I don't give a shit about the multiplayer but the single-player looks awesome, so far, bald and bearded Max aside. As long as it sticks true to what made the first 2 games work so well, then I'll personally be satisfied with this game. Hell, even just playing it safe and only really following what the previous games got right would still be enough to make this game my personal GOTY and easily the best TPS of this generation.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on January 17, 2012, 01:16:42 PM
Fuck yes, I love it when the PC version is released after the console version for no reason. And lol @ multiplayer in Max Payne.
The PC version won't be released until it's at OPTIMAL EFFICIENCY!!!!

Max Payne 3's multiplayer will consist of players running around the map for the one person only Bullet-Time powerup!

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 17, 2012, 01:42:40 PM
For Rockstar that probably means something like "once we can actually get one of our test computers to launch the game."

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on January 17, 2012, 01:48:58 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on January 17, 2012, 01:42:40 PM
For Rockstar that probably means something like "once we can actually get one of our test computers to launch the game."
:D

Foggle

Foggle

Dat newest gameplay video.

What I like!
Those graphics!
Those physics!
Going prone!
Painkillers, not regen health!
Beautiful animation!
Destructible cover!
AI looks great!
The rain effects!

What I don't
Can't hold the entire arsenal at once
Seems to be a bit easier than the first two

Max is BACK!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Bioshock: Infinite- One of my most anticipated games of the year just got even more fucking awesome. As the only upcoming FPS that I'm at all interested in, period, its great to see that the developers are also catering the more hardcore and old-school shooter crowd. One thing I really liked about BioShock 2 was how many options it gave you to set traps and plan for ambushes whenever you had a Little Sister extract Adam from corpses that contained them. My only problem with it which held it back from making the game being even better was that the difficulty was mostly too easy (IMO), and I set traps and planned more to be creative than anything else, as you could have just runned and gunned your way to success and didn't need to plan so much ahead, so it wasn't as rewarding as it should have been. I REALLY love to have to strategize to win every enemy encounter, and IMO its what most FPS games these days lack which is, to me, the only major appeal of modern FPS games in the first place (but now most of them are going the CoD route of being more scripted and less tactical). Once this game comes out, I know which difficulty I'm playing on. :thumbup:

Max Payne 3- I saw that video yesterday. The game continues to impress me, and IMO it'll probably be the best TPS of this gen. I know that a lot of people on this board and others that I go to are tired of the TPS genre, but to me games like this (assuming this game turns out to be as good as it looks), are among my favorite gaming experiences ever, along with great platformers and hack n' slash games, and this is easily my most anticipated game of the year. I'm willing to bet that it'll be one of the best games of the generation for old-school TPS fans.

Foggle

Max Payne 3 is definitely my most anticipated game. I cannot believe I ever doubted Rockstar's ability to create a quality sequel. That video looks exactly like the first two games, only with better graphics and new mechanics. I'm very impressed, though I do wonder if Remedy would have done it differently.

Spark Of Spirit

I've been playing the Resident Evil Revelations demo on my 3DS, and I'm surprised. Imagine if they made a Resident Evil 1-3/CV game but with Resident Evil 4 controls. That's what this is.

It's slower paced, hard (normal requires a lot of shots to drop an enemy), ammo and supplies are uncommon, the atmosphere is creepy, and there's some good jump scares. The controls are fine, too. A second circle pad would not really do much to help the game control-wise.

So I guess what Capcom needed to bring the formula back to basics was put it on a system where people would be more appreciative of it and the smaller scale. Basically, if it wasn't for portables, it would probably be Resident Evil 5.2.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I heard that only 60-70% of the game is like that, though. There's a lot of TPS "kill 'em all" levels, too. But yeah, it appears to be a step in the right direction for the series. I really hope RE 6 is a horror game...